Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Josh Allen Injury

Hearing a lot of season ending chatter...probably fake news ..,but case Keenum is looking good on waivers 

Most of the rumblings around here are anywhere between he could play this week to 4-6 weeks. Keenum could prolly keep them afloat if he's got to be out a month or so. Their schedule and overall talent of the team will keep them around. Bye-bye number 1 seed though.

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Most of the rumblings around here are anywhere between he could play this week to 4-6 weeks. Keenum could prolly keep them afloat if he's got to be out a month or so. Their schedule and overall talent of the team will keep them around. Bye-bye number 1 seed though.

do you see keenum being a top 12 fantasy QB while he's leading that offense?

9 minutes ago, cavern said:

Sadly no. Allen masks some of the problems the Bills have on offense. They don't have a true weapon on offense outside of Diggs and the o-line has been just ok this year. He could be feasible I suppose if everything goes right but you'd be better off to look elsewhere I'm guessing.

4 hours ago, cavern said:

No.  Keenum is a game manager.

he may put up top 12 numbers against some weaker opponents.

to that end, hes a matchup play at best in most formats.

in 2 QB leagues, however, he is a nice add.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Winner. 

If Allen is out, seems like this would be a nice upgrade for Devon Singletary. Allen leads the team in rushing yds & has 4 rushing TD's. 

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, i was thinking my 2QB league.  but that league is also a dynasty so, someone who is only good for short while would have to be really good to drop a younger player over.  that's  why i asked about top 12 (when top32 are relevant in my league)

1 hour ago, cavern said:

yeah, i was thinking my 2QB league.  but that league is also a dynasty so, someone who is only good for short while would have to be really good to drop a younger player over.  that's  why i asked about top 12 (when top32 are relevant in my league)

as you well know, in a 2 QB format not everyone gets to have a starter as their 'backup/bye week QB'   So the fact that hes playing makes him a decent add.  especially if you dont have a backup QB.    If you do have a backup, I guess the question is how much faith do you have in the backup.  generally Keenum is good enough to put up top 20 numbers with the talent around him but he will almost never light it up.   

he will play within the system and will do reasonably well at it.   He will play well enough that if the team around him plays well, he will win most nights.   but hes no fantasy darling. 

Hes a nice Bye week/injury fill in but nothing more.

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

If Allen is out, seems like this would be a nice upgrade for Devon Singletary. Allen leads the team in rushing yds & has 4 rushing TD's. 

Yes more touches.  

4 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Hope it's true, but it makes sense. Less Allen running and less throwing.

8 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Hope it's true, but it makes sense. Less Allen running and less throwing.

more importantly Allen wont poach running TD's from the RB's.   thats where it could be good for the RB's.   

but you are also looking at a less efficient offense that scores less.   so its a larger piece out of a smaller pie (for TD at least)

in the end it may be a wash.   Little to no change in RB value.

The upside I see that Singletary will gain is simply more touches in the run game, that should count for more ff points, but tds will still be a tough one, they will be less productive. 

He's not playing...sports books don't go from -10 to -3 for nothing 

7 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

He's not playing...sports books don't go from -10 to -3 for nothing 

I'm with Vegas - I don't think Allen is gonna play. Long season left and they're not in must-win mode. Heck, the entire team is so good they can probably beat the Vikings with a back-up.

The 8-1 owner of Josh Allen in my sad sack league (where I am 3-6) doesn't think Allen is going to play either.

I picked up Case Keenum on Wednesday, and he offered me QB Fields and WR Lockett for QB Keenum and WR Amon-Ra St. Brown.

I might have taken it if Fields hadn't shared Mariota's bye--and you know how I feel about Amon-Ra, although I like fellow K-Stater Lockett as well.  What made it all the more tempting is that the trade wouldn't have even processed until Monday--so he wouldn't have been able to use Keenum this weekend anyway.

But in the end, just in case Allen's injury does turn out to be a long-term one, keeping the Bills' QB away from the 1st place team in the league seems like more fun than hoping Fields keeps running for 100 yards a game.

I hope that 8-1 owner can join one of my leagues next season. That’s a real bad offer for so little in return. 

No one has made a move to pick up Keenum in any of my leagues at this time, but I hope they do, and start him. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I'm going to predict us Allen owners aren't getting off this easy.  I predict Keenum starts and Allen is the backup. 

The line moved back to Buf -6.5 in a lot of places. They should just use Allen and Keenum like the Saints use Taysom and Dalton...

Just now, Vikings4ever said:

Yeah

I was only watching on my stat tracker. Seems like they were deep in Vikings territory ?

Just now, easilyscan said:

I was only watching on my stat tracker. Seems like they were deep in Vikings territory ?

Inside the 10, trying to make it a 3 score game, while a FG would have kept it a 2 score game.

Just now, Vikings4ever said:

Inside the 10, trying to make it a 3 score game, while a FG would have kept it a 2 score game.

Thanks