Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Was offered Taylor for Fournette. Yes?

was just offered J.Taylor by a dude who needs to win now for Fournette. 1/2 ppr. My other notable RBs are Cook and Barkley. He said he'll leave it up for 24 hrs. He's hedging that Taylor misses time. 

Do I take Taylor for Fournette and hope he gets his ankle right, that the Colts don't utterly tank, etc. I'm really eyeing the playoffs in weeks 15-17 and am fine waiting on Taylor until then. But still worry he could be shut down or just stay ineffective. But his upside is high. 

Thoughts? Hold Fournette or take the risk on Taylor? 

Depending where you are in the standings- I'd roll the dice on Taylor. White seems to be slightly carving more of a role down there in Tampa and I could see him swinging it his direction more and more. 

Tough call, both are going in the wrong direction as the season goes on.

JT, it's his ankle, and Fournette, seems to be more his team.

You have two good starters already, I would keep the depth and Fournette.

It’s possible based on how their respective teams do that they both can start to lose playing time time.  

If the colts are out of the playoff hunt I don’t see why they would risk Taylor to late season injury during weeks 15-17.  

I think I would pass.  

Taylor.  I have 0 faith in Bowles or Leftwich running a good offense this year.

I was hoping that both would have gotten hired by someone else this past off-season and both are proving why they weren't.

I would take the risk if you can handle losing Fournette. I’m actually not that bullish on Taylor’s recovery, but IF he does come back then you’ve got a potential league winner. Exceedingly unlikely Fournette ends up in that category given how Tampa’s offense is doing this year 

Different school of thought here...

Indy looks close to tanking it, Taylor's injury could linger. I can see them possibly reducing his workload to preserve him for next year & at the same time giving their qb as much throwing time as possible. 

On the other hand....if Tampa continues to unravel & reach a point of no return, i could see them turning to the run more. I think Brady is done...Gronk was the piece of the puzzle that made that offense work.

Net net....I think its a wash between the two with an edge to the healty RB.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:25 AM, bfros said:

was just offered J.Taylor by a dude who needs to win now for Fournette. 1/2 ppr. My other notable RBs are Cook and Barkley. He said he'll leave it up for 24 hrs. He's hedging that Taylor misses time. 

Do I take Taylor for Fournette and hope he gets his ankle right, that the Colts don't utterly tank, etc. I'm really eyeing the playoffs in weeks 15-17 and am fine waiting on Taylor until then. But still worry he could be shut down or just stay ineffective. But his upside is high. 

Did you call in to XM yesterday? Someone called in with the same question!

I would, but I prefer high ceilings over floors. Being a former center, I’d think Saturday would find a way to use him. Being a new coach, I’d think he’d be motivated to as well. And Fournette has White cutting into his pie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

Did you call in to XM yesterday? Someone called in with the same question!

no not me. Hahah. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c.hammer said:

I would, but I prefer high ceilings over floors. Being a former center, I’d think Saturday would find a way to use him. Being a new coach, I’d think he’d be motivated to as well. And Fournette has White cutting into his pie. 

I think Reich was pretty motivated last season to use him, did you see Taylor stats from last year? 

Taylor staying healthy is the biggest problem with Taylor, not Reich. 

On 11/9/2022 at 9:25 AM, bfros said:

What did you do? 

21 hours ago, weepaws said:

What did you do? 

I sat on the offer and then practice report came out that Taylor was going to practice and then dude pulled the trade, so I didn't get it. I'm kicking myself for missing that. So close to pulling the trigger, too. At least Fournette's injury isn't season ending and I do have White, so I'm ok. 

Just now, bfros said:

I sat on the offer and then practice report came out that Taylor was going to practice and then dude pulled the trade, so I didn't get it. I'm kicking myself for missing that. So close to pulling the trigger, too. At least Fournette's injury isn't season ending and I do have White, so I'm ok. 

Trade decisions around injured guys are so impossibly tricky to get right. I tend to err on the side of not trading for hurt dudes, but it's tough. Another example right now is J.Chase. Do I pursue him in a trade? And at what cost? The guy who owns him isn't gonna sell him low, so ya gotta be willing to take a risk. Or now with Kupp's injury and uncertainty around that, it's so damn hard to know what his actual value is versus his perceived value. 

3 hours ago, bfros said:

Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1