Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

OBJ; grab off the WW?

I'm in a full-point PPR league.  My WRs are .. not good.  K. Allen, T. McLaurin, Z. Jones, W-Rob (NYG) and M. Hollins.  I'm going to drop M. Hollins for a WW pick-up.

I saw that NO WR J. Landry was Limited in practices last week.  But, Inactive on Sunday.  I'm in 2nd place in my league, and am skeptical about being able to rely on / play Keenan Allen..  Thoughts on bidding for OBJ even though we won't likely play for 3-4 weeks?  Or, grab Landry as he's knocking on the door of coming back?

He's been rostered since week 1 what are you in a 8 man league?

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

He's been rostered since week 1 what are you in a 8 man league?

Really? What do your leagues have? A 20-spot bench?

He’s not on any team in any of my leagues , 12 team , three 14 teams.  

I wouldn’t bother unless you have big issues at Wr. 

I need to update this, someone did pick him up for Doubs ppr 14 team.  

7 hours ago, Law said:

Really? What do your leagues have? A 20-spot bench?

10 deep no kicker 12 teamer 

• Confused 1

Update: I bid for Landry.  *I* wouldn't have gotten OBJ, anyway.  Someone bid 18% of their FAAB for him.

Putting in a big FAAB bid for a WR who through Week 10 hasn't played yet, hasn't practiced yet, hasn't signed with a team yet, and is coming off of his 2nd consecutive ACL tear. What could go wrong?   :first:

1 hour ago, jrbdmb said:

Putting in a big FAAB bid for a WR who through Week 10 hasn't played yet, hasn't practiced yet, hasn't signed with a team yet, and is coming off of his 2nd consecutive ACL tear. What could go wrong?   :first:

Right. 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:39 PM, jrbdmb said:

yeah 12 to 18 month recovery for most ACL tears.  for a second ACL tear might be longer.

hes not even at the 12 month mark.  I doubt hes fantasy relevant this year.  if someone in your league is dumb enough to pay big FAAB dollars to get him you should cheer.   cuz he wasted monies on a player unlikely to help him until at least the playoffs (and possibly not at all)

IMO, you're better off with Jameson Williams than OBJ - and that is to say, not well off at all. There's gotta be better dart throw choices on the WW, like Terrace?

Don’t see how in any league size that Beckham is worthy of a roster spot.  

Sounds like the jets were there, too. 

I dont know... I think this may be fools gold.

2 ACL surgeries......   I know hes 30 so in theory there should be a couple years left but coming off a second ACL surgery at this age is tough.

statistically a lot less players come back from a second surgery.   it does happen but at his age, I dont know.....

but I guess thats what the workout is for.   they get to see what he can and cannot do.

If Beckham can still play, and if the Ravens are set on keeping Jackson, I would pick him up if I was the Ravens.   

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If Beckham can still play, and if the Ravens are set on keeping Jackson, I would pick him up if I was the Ravens.   

I agree. He's probably not the burner that he once was but he can still be a nice contributor. 

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know... I think this may be fools gold.

2 ACL surgeries......   I know hes 30 so in theory there should be a couple years left but coming off a second ACL surgery at this age is tough.

statistically a lot less players come back from a second surgery.   it does happen but at his age, I dont know.....

but I guess thats what the workout is for.   they get to see what he can and cannot do.

I wouldn't pick him up.

He's not really been any better than a flex play since 2016.

That's been 7 years. His final season with the Giants and his first season in Cleveland he was okay, but other than that, he's just simply not played much. When he has he's had his moments, but nothing consistent.

The injuries have really piled up and I just don't see going this far out the way to pick him up now.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I wouldn't pick him up.

He's not really been any better than a flex play since 2016.

That's been 7 years. His final season with the Giants and his first season in Cleveland he was okay, but other than that, he's just simply not played much. When he has he's had his moments, but nothing consistent.

The injuries have really piled up and I just don't see going this far out the way to pick him up now.

not to mention hes a bit of a diva and has a long history of being a jerk to his starting QB.

I'm with you.  he had a few good games in LA after cleveland bailed on him too.  but that was a small sample size.    but I dont like bringing those kinds of personalities into my dressing room unless they produce at a rate that would make me willing to put up with those shenanigans and only if I have enough leadership in the room to keep him in check.

not many teams fit into this category and I dont think he produces at a rate that would entice me to bring him in even if I did have the leadership.

38 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Even for free?? I'd certainly roster him if it didn't cost me anything, why not? 

I guess if there's nobody better available, but it's hard to think there's not

If he can still play some team is going to grab him, I would take him if he looks like he can still play.  

14 hours ago, League Champion said:

Even for free?? I'd certainly roster him if it didn't cost me anything, why not? 

are we talking actual football or fantasy?

technically in either nobody is actually free.

there is an opportunity cost.   in fantasy the crappiest player on your roster is the cost.  you need to drop him to pickup anyone on the wire.   so while technically hes free to pickup, the cost is the value of the player you had to place on the wire to make room for the guy.

same thing goes for actual football except the cost is also measured in his contribution to the salary cap.   so if you pay him 6 mil,  the cost is whatever kind of player 6 mil will get you on the free agent market because clearly if you dont spend that money on him, you can spend it elsewhere.

so the lesson I am teaching here, is nothing is ever truly free.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

are we talking actual football or fantasy?

Sorry, I'm talking in Fantasy terms. If he's available, even at a discounted price, I'm in. 

He's probably only available in redrafts though, I can't imagine he's a free agent in dynasty. 

So it looks like he wants 20mil a season.  Okay now I think I’ll pass.  

Depending on what nfl team does pay him, I would take him as a wr4.  

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Sorry, I'm talking in Fantasy terms. If he's available, even at a discounted price, I'm in. 

He's probably only available in redrafts though, I can't imagine he's a free agent in dynasty. 

I guess it depends how deep the league is.   If I were an owner of him I'd have been selling long time ago.  maybe you throw a lowball offer and his manager will bite.

Most dynasty leagues go pretty deep, so in that format you are probably right.  hes likely not on the wire.

but if the league has a salary cap based on actual salaries at 20 mil I'd be fully out at that salary.  at that salary hed need to be better than your typical 1000 yard WR to even be remotely close to giving value.   in that format I could see you getting him on the wire.

but the guy is delusional if he thinks hes worth that.   I wouldnt be buying.