Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Demise of Biden’s student loan handout rocks Twitter: ‘Its only purpose was to buy votes’

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

Duping those voters who are younger career government leaches simply to gain their votes.

People that go to college are career government leeches?

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Pelosi

Still looking for the Biden clip, that one is likely in the Fox archive, rest assured I will find it because it was posted over and over.  Also, plenty if liberal media questioned it when he brought it up as they also know it was not legal. 

My assessment has not been disproven by your one-person example. But it does lead to another question. Are you also one of those that assumes everyone thinks as you do.  Like when Biden asserted that if you dont vote for him you arent black....:huh:

Thanks for the link.  Per your link that was Nancy's opinion while others disagreed.  Law can and is interpreted differently by different people.

I know for a fact everyone doesn't think the way I do, which is fine.  Let me ask you something, the Biden quote you quoted, do you actually think he meant that if you don't vote for him you are in fact not actually black?  Think I can find quotes where Trump said you don't love America if you don't vote for him?  Politicians make stupid, generalizing statements all the time.

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

I voted for Biden, am disappointed in the result of said vote, and will go back to voting for 3rd party for POTUS in 2024.  

Lol

2 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Thanks for the link.  Per your link that was Nancy's opinion while others disagreed.  Law can and is interpreted differently by different people.

I know for a fact everyone doesn't think the way I do, which is fine.  Let me ask you something, the Biden quote you quoted, do you actually think he meant that if you don't vote for him you are in fact not actually black?  Think I can find quotes where Trump said you don't love America if you don't vote for him?  Politicians make stupid, generalizing statements all the time.

It was the correct opinion of the leader of the House, and I will find Biden's corroboration where he echoed it. There were both right.  As was the WBJ, MSNCB and CNN when they also asserted he did not have the authority. 

He knew very well what would happen. And it is happening. We can hate on it, but in terms of political craft, it was extremely well done. 

I think Biden meant exactly what he said. And I think he often does. His staff continually have to walk back his statements, but lets keep in mind his positions are not new. Looking back over his long political history we can see who he is. Right now he is pretending to be something else, but keeps slipping up . 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It was the correct opinion of the leader of the House, and I will find Biden's corroboration where he echoed it. There were both right.  As was the WBJ, MSNCB and CNN when they also asserted he did not have the authority. 

He knew very well what would happen. And it is happening. We can hate on it, but in terms of political craft, it was extremely well done. 

I think Biden meant exactly what he said. And I think he often does. His staff continually have to walk back his statements, but lets keep in mind his positions are not new. Looking back over his long political history we can see who he is. Right now he is pretending to be something else, but keeps slipping up . 

What exactly is he?  A racist?

Because you'd think the first black president would have been hip to that before selecting him as VP.  Or does that not give him any non-racist cred?

Or are you saying he's not the brightest, cause I'll agree with you 100% there.  Obama himself said as much. 

5 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

What exactly is he?  A racist?

Because you'd think the first black president would have been hip to that before selecting him as VP.  Or does that not give him any non-racist cred?

Or are you saying he's not the brightest, cause I'll agree with you 100% there.  Obama himself said as much. 

He has made racist statements in the past. Whether that makes him a racist I cannot say. I think the term racism has been overused and maligned so I am reluctant to apply it. 

So you are asserting that a president would never make a mistake and chose a VP that hated them? Like when Kamala called Biden out for effectively being a racist?

Biden is not the brightest, I think we have common ground there. :cheers:

The courts tossed the lawsuits concerning the 2020 election. We need to respect the courts decision. What kind of judges made those decisions is irrelevant. The courts have spoken. 

4 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Yes, that's right - i think all politicians have pet projects that pander to voters.  This can't be a controversial sentiment.   Odd that this seems to make me some flaming Biden defender or something.  

I think it was one if the dumber things he's done, and I was against the idea.   Can't deny the effectiveness though, I guess.  

Do you honestly believe pandering for votes and trying to "buy" votes like this is a left only issue?  From the other side, it probably won't be in the form of a handout like this, I will give you that.  

I think his point is that Biden knew student loan relief executed in that manner was 100% doomed to fail.  I think you seem to see that, too, but where your perspective and his perspective differ I think is you appear to dismiss it as pandering while craftsman seems to view it as out and out nefarious.  I.e., Biden's team outright planned and executed scheme to dupe voters with no intention of actually delivering on that loan relief.  

It's kind of odd.  He had the numbers to actually make a bill.  Why didn't he have congress draft a bill of he was so keen on it.  Instead he chose a route that was obviously illegal and doomed to fail that just so happened was timed perfectly to boost midterm voter turnout.

I guess we get to look forward to illegal executive orders every election year now I guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

If educated folks believe it, it's a liberal idea.  If the uneducated believe it it's likely not liberal. 

Character is higher than intellect. Thinking is the function.Living is the functionary… A great soul will be strong to live, as well as strong to think.

If I was Biden, I suppose the play is to sign an executive order making abortion legal again at the federal level in May 2024.  Wholly illegal, and would be absolutely struck down, but the voter base really seems to love the ability to get abortions.  Might as well milk those same suckers for all the votes they're worth.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

I think his point is that Biden knew student loan relief executed in that manner was 100% doomed to fail.  I think you seem to see that, too, but where your perspective and his perspective differ I think is you appear to dismiss it as pandering while craftsman seems to view it as out and out nefarious.  I.e., Biden's team outright planned and executed scheme to dupe voters with no intention of actually delivering on that loan relief.  

It's kind of odd.  He had the numbers to actually make a bill.  Why didn't he have congress draft a bill of he was so keen on it.  Instead he chose a route that was obviously illegal and doomed to fail that just so happened was timed perfectly to boost midterm voter turnout.

I guess we get to look forward to illegal executive orders every election year now I guess. 

Fair post, and not inaccurate.  Yes, I think was intentional mostly for votes, no I don't know Bidens intentions enough to say it's nefarious intent. 

4 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

He did what he said he would do.  Promise kept.  If anti-education, outside forces intervene that's not on him.

How is this so hard for you to understand?

For a guy throwing a lot of darts about other people's education - you ain't that bright.  

Biden admin knew tuition forgiveness would be catnip for their base and for young voters.   They also knew that injecting another trillion dollars or more into the economy at this point would drive inflation to the moon and would eventually provoke a very negative response from the people whose taxes would pay for it.    So they did it as an EO knowing that it would get shot down by the courts and they timed it perfectly so that they would get the benefit of it before the election and then it would get torpedoed after the election.   Done and done.   

Again, if you want to admire the pure cynical political motivation of it - have at it.    But if you want to make it sound like they were really trying to get this done and then somehow just got blindsided by the judiciary - you are dupe.   There were many who were saying as soon as this was floated and how it was proposed - the it would never pass legal muster.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Masshole said:

For a guy throwing a lot of darts about other people's education - you ain't that bright.  

Biden admin knew tuition forgiveness would be catnip for their base and for young voters.   They also knew that injecting another trillion dollars or more into the economy at this point would drive inflation to the moon and would eventually provoke a very negative response from the people whose taxes would pay for it.    So they did it as an EO knowing that it would get shot down by the courts and they timed it perfectly so that they would get the benefit of it before the election and then it would get torpedoed after the election.   Done and done.   

Again, if you want to admire the pure cynical political motivation of it - have at it.    But if you want to make it sound like they were really trying to get this done and then somehow just got blindsided by the judiciary - you are dupe.   There were many who were saying as soon as this was floated and how it was proposed - the it would never pass legal muster.   

Forgiving student loans does not inject a trillion into the economy FFS.

And the fight isn't over just yet.  And of course Biden's motivation was partially political and he knew it would attract young voters.  That was actually smart.  We'll see what ultimately happens.

Imagine being so in the tank for the likes of Joe Biden? It’s about as bad as those yahoos at the Trump rallies. Different sides of the same coin. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Imagine being so in the tank for the likes of Joe Biden? It’s about as bad as those yahoos at the Trump rallies. Different sides of the same coin. 

Holy crap- something we agree on! 

People actually think that if I don’t want to pay for your sh1tty gender studies degree I’m anti education

wow 

irony here is they are the same people who oppose school choice in general 

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

People actually think that if I don’t want to pay for your sh1tty gender studies degree I’m anti education

wow 

Ravens fan also thinks black people are stupid because a large majority of them don’t have college degrees. 

The guy who brought the suit (intentionally done in a jurisdiction with a Trump-appointed judge) received over $40K in debt forgiveness from the PPP program. I guess that wasn’t enough of a government handout for him, so now he’s suing because he didn’t qualify for the student loan forgiveness too?  There’s a requirement that a plaintiff in a lawsuit demonstrate harm. I fail to see how this piece of 💩 is harmed in any way by other people getting less debt relief than he already got.

Amy Coney Barrett already struck down one of these BS lawsuits, and she’s pretty far right. So my guess is that the program will not be on hold for very long.

And I see the sheep here believe everything they see from right-wing Twitter accounts? Fun fact: student loan forgiveness was not among the top 10 issues for voters in exit polls.  So much for the argument that the program was a way to buy votes.

• Thanks 1

Soooo, the people that thought they were going to get their loans forgiven and voted accordingly are mad at Biden but the resident liberals are telling them they shouldn’t be and they don’t know what they are talking about. Ok. 

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The guy who brought the suit (intentionally done in a jurisdiction with a Trump-appointed judge) received over $40K in debt forgiveness from the PPP program. I guess that wasn’t enough of a government handout for him, so now he’s suing because he didn’t qualify for the student loan forgiveness too?  There’s a requirement that a plaintiff in a lawsuit demonstrate harm. I fail to see how this piece of 💩 is harmed in any way by other people getting less debt relief than he already got.

Amy Coney Barrett already struck down one of these BS lawsuits, and she’s pretty far right. So my guess is that the program will not be on hold for very long.

And I see the sheep here believe everything they see from right-wing Twitter accounts? Fun fact: student loan forgiveness was not among the top 10 issues for voters in exit polls.  So much for the argument that the program was a way to buy votes.

Yep.  Perfectly ok to give businesses billions but screw some dude/gal trying to get a freaking education which actually improves our country. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ravens fan also thinks black people are stupid because a large majority of them don’t have college degrees. 

I never claimed anyone without a degree is stupid.  You however do a fine job of making that point yourself.

😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raven Fan said:

Yep.  Perfectly ok to give businesses billions but screw some dude/gal trying to get a freaking education which actually improves our country. 

I must've missed the part where the government forced those dudes/gals to take out a loan they couldn't afford to repay. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

I must've missed the part where the government forced those dudes/gals to take out a loan they couldn't afford to repay. 

Did you hold the banks in 08 and all the recent PPP loan recipients to the same standard?

4 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

I never claimed anyone without a degree is stupid.  You however do a fine job of making that point yourself.

😆

So what’s your point in saying the blue states are smarter because they have more college grads? Only you get to group people together and make judgements? That’s pretty racist man. Many black people are plenty smart that didn’t go to college. You shouldn’t generalize them like that. 

Did you hold the banks in 08 and all the recent PPP loan recipients to the same standard?

The gov forced businesses to close. Many of which were never able to reopen. I'd say the gov owes them a little something. 

Whereas the gov, or more accurately the taxpayer, doesn't owe anything to people who voluntarily took out loans they don't want to repay. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what’s your point in saying the blue states are smarter because they have more college grads? Only you get to group people together and make judgements? That’s pretty racist man. Many black people are plenty smart that didn’t go to college. You shouldn’t generalize them like that. 

I said blue states are all bigly up on the list of most educated states.  Also college grads by a bigly margin are democrats.  Take from that what you will. 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

The gov forced businesses to close. Many of which were never able to reopen. I'd say the gov owes them a little something. 

Whereas the gov, or more accurately the taxpayer, doesn't owe anything to people who voluntarily took out loans they don't want to repay. 

So you are in favor of repealing Chapter 11 (and 7 and 13 for that matter)?

Just now, Raven Fan said:

I said blue states are all bigly up on the list of most educated states.  Also college grads by a bigly margin are democrats.  Take from that what you will. 

Being educated and being smart isn’t the same thing. There are plenty of smart people who are, sadly, under-educated. And on the other side, G W Bush went to Yale and Harvard, and I wouldn’t rate him as super smart….

But black people aren’t. And you think they are uneducated and stupid. And that’s racist. 

Just now, dogcows said:

Being educated and being smart isn’t the same thing. There are plenty of smart people who are, sadly, under-educated.

And there are lots of folks with educations who aren't smart.  However, being educated is highly correlated to quite a few traits very very favorable to both an individual and to society in general. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Raven Fan said:

And there are lots of folks with educations who aren't smart.  However, being educated is highly correlated to quite a few traits very very favorable to both an individual and to society in general. 

Agreed

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But black people aren’t. And you think they are uneducated and stupid. And that’s racist. 

Why are you babbling about black people?  There are plenty of educated black people.   You don't know this?

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Remember that time that conservative, anti education speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi said a president can’t forgive student loans, it’s illegal? Hardcore farms remembers.  

Well done with the farms line!!

7 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Why are you babbling about black people?  There are plenty of educated black people.   You don't know this?

There are plenty of educated people in red states. Yet you think red states are dumber than blue ones. So if we’re grouping people together based on their education status and making judgements about them, logic dictates you think black people, who the majority of don’t have college degrees are stupid too. You set the parameters, not me. And that's racist. I’m going to start calling you Racist Fan. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raven Fan said:

Forgiving student loans does not inject a trillion into the economy FFS.

And the fight isn't over just yet.  And of course Biden's motivation was partially political and he knew it would attract young voters.  That was actually smart.  We'll see what ultimately happens.

What do you think the people who are carrying that debt are going to do when it's forgiven?    They are going to spend more $.      

Mr "you don't have a college degree, do you" sounds like he needs to go back and repeat high school econ 101.     I don't get paid enough to help educate you - I am doing this for free.   But here endeth the lesson. . .

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are plenty of educated people in red states. Yet you think red states are dumber than blue ones. So if we’re grouping people together based on their education status and making judgements about them, logic dictates you think black people, who the majority of don’t have college degrees are stupid too. You set the parameters, not me. And that's racist. I’m going to start calling you Racist Fan. 

HT - don't break him too quickly.   It doesn't sound like he's spent much time outside of his echo chamber.   He's not used to being exposed to anything but leftist utopianism.     I doubt anyone has ever shown him where the logical conclusions of his positions lead to.    He doesn't know how to swim and you are throwing him right into the deep end of the pool. . .

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't disagree there are plenty of educated people in red states. The bigly majority of them of course are democrats.

But I based my statement about education on the education ranking of states.  Which ranks the educational quality of the primary, secondary, and college education available to a state's citizens.  In this ranking, red states do extremely poorly.