Sign in to follow this  
Strike

We will never end racial discrimination

I don't agree we will never end this - I think we will evolve past this stuff too.   Time will tell I guess.  

Those stats are bonkers though.   When are we due a ruling on affirmative action in the colleges from the SC?  That will have cascading effects on the workplace as well, I'd assume.  

It does seem shameful that we allow racism such as this. I do not see this as a long term solution.

It is likely true that this approach will radicalize those who might otherwise be just dumb. 

I would hope that someone would stand up to this vile racism

Since white men seem to be the root cause of everything that's wrong with our country, my brother came up with an interesting idea.

Calls it a white-out. All white men quit working and see how long the country lasts :)

11 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Since white men seem to be the root cause of everything that's wrong with our country, my brother came up with an interesting idea.

Calls it a white-out. All white men quit working and see how long the country lasts :)

That would cause more damage to this country that a nuclear strike against us. 

And it's every liberal's dream. 

7 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

I don't agree we will never end this - I think we will evolve past this stuff too.   Time will tell I guess.  

Those stats are bonkers though.   When are we due a ruling on affirmative action in the colleges from the SC?  That will have cascading effects on the workplace as well, I'd assume.  

SCOTUS heard the two cases jointly in late October (on Halloween) and based on the questioning, there's no way they are going to uphold Affirmative Action. Usually they save monumental rulings like this for June which is when to expect it. Since they heard the case so early in the term, late October, it could come out sooner but they drop their biggest bombs in June so I expect they're going to take the full eight months. It could come sooner. They could write it up, pass it around for more imput, and edit/polish it off at any time, but this fast track system usually is for either more mundane cases or unanimous decisions. This is a huge precedent setting decision that will be picked apart and analyzed line-by-line and so each word will be carefully massaged.

I expect Roberts to be in the majority and assign the case to himself. He's been solid on this issue and is ready to toast AA so props for that. Unfortunately, he's also a spineless milquetoast wuss and the one justice most likely to cop out by limiting it's scope or simply allow AA to expire on Sandra Day O'Connor's timeline from twenty years ago, meaning giving it another five years. That doesn't mean he'll do it. As I said, he's been solid, only that he might. Roberts is the king of half-measures. The death AA deserves is a broad reaching 10000 thermonuclear bomb all-encompassing annihilation affecting every aspect of society; the sort of decision that Clarence Thomas or Samuel Alito would write it if the majority decision gets assigned to one of them. 

• Like 1

Humans are flawed.  There will always be some who look at skin color, religion, or any other "bucket" to define the next person they see.  This will be be around as long as we are human beings.

However Laws and Rules should be like the statue of Lady Justice.  She has a blindfold on and weighing the facts evenly, because what she see's, or doesn't  (color, creed, sex, etc) should not matter.  There was a time many years ago that was not true in America, now the pendulum has swung too far the other way.....that is not cool either.   Two wrongs do not make a right. 

We need to get back to Equality for All.  This "equity" nonsense is garbage and decisive. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Humans are flawed.  There will always be some who look at skin color, religion, or any other "bucket" to define the next person they see.  This will be be around as long as we are human beings.

However Laws and Rules should be like the statue of Lady Justice.  She has a blindfold on and weighing the facts evenly, because what she see's, or doesn't  (color, creed, sex, etc) should not matter.  There was a time many years ago that was not true in America, now the pendulum has swung too far the other way.....that is not cool either.   Two wrongs do not make a right. 

We need to get back to Equality for All.  This "equity" nonsense is garbage and decisive. 

👍🏼

who is naïve enough to think racism / discrimination  is going to end? It’s always existed in some shape or form throughout the history of mankind and always will. 

• Like 1

Racism is useful for those who derive benefit from selling it.

Much of the progress we scraped out as a nation is being lost to racial hucksters.

we are regressing and losing so many beneficial gains.

As long as the new blend of racism is tolerated we should expect more and more division and radicalization 

• Like 2