Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

SNF Discussion: Chargers at 49ers

Inactives

Chargers: QB Easton Stick, K Dustin Hopkins, WR Keenan Allen, RT Trey Pipkins III, WR Mike Williams, WR Keelan Doss, OLB Chris Rumph

49ers: DL Arik Armstead, DE Samson Ebukam, RB Ty Davis-Price, DE Kemoko Turay, LB Curtis Robinson, OL Nick Zakelj

We should see Elijah Mitchell back tonight.

I don’t own anyone in this game, but I did pickup the Titans def on three teams for this weekend , Niners where available, so I’m just interested to check out the stats after this contest is over to see if I was wrong or right.  

My first grade daughter came up right as the chargers were running their first play and says, "Number 97 is pretty good, huh?"

Hufanga gets burnt for the TD.  That's the guy that was getting all the hype earlier in the year.  

Went through the whole starting lineup introductions and I didn't hear a single "hard knocks elementary" or some such foolishness.  I probably just missed it.  They can't help themselves.

I had a feeling we'd see Elijah Mitchell kind of early when mccaffery handled the ball on 4 of the first 6 plays.

Wow, 49ers aren't going for it.  Amazing.  I thought coaching off a spreadsheet permeated the entire league.

Chargers already suboptimal linebacker crew might have just lost Kenneth Murray.

Chargers love that inside zone off the left side from shotgun in these spots.

If ekeler waited for his block on that 3rd and goal screen he probably scores.

Liked the close up of kittle's triumphant roar after picking up that 3rd and 12.  Stellar dental hygiene on his part.

Josh Palmer is frustrating to be invested in.  He's one of those guys that is always open but the ball is always too behind him, too in front, or it's finally there and it turns into a PI instead of a catch.  

His career shelf life is probably 2 years and these opportunities just get wasted.

Wow ejection.  Tough play for greenlaw.  I do feel like it was excessive.  Didn't think they were going to eject the man though.

And Herbert is in concussion eval now.  I wonder how fast they can get that done.  I can tell Herbert isn't going to let them keep him on the sideline.

Aiyuk point shaving?  Fumble earlier cost the 49ers at least 3, and then he just cost them 4 with a terrible drop.

Sony Michel sighting.  I wonder if Spiller lost his backup role again.  Spiller certainly looked underwhelming.

Have to give the 49er punter credit.  A charger touched his leg after he punted and he didn't fall down in feigned agony.

Just now, RedzoneMonster said:

Did anyone else envision E. Mitchell getting this much work?  

I sure as hell didn't.  Thought it would be 75/25 tops.

I don't think I've watched a 49er game this year where they didn't hype up Hufanga and without fail he does nothing all day except be 2nd man in over and over.

I didn't watch a lot of panther games over the years, but watch mccaffery I can see why he gets hurt a lot.  He takes a ton of big shots.  If he learned to just give up on a play and go down when there's nothing more to be gained, he'd likely stay off the training table a bit more.

That had to be a hold by the right tackle on that 3rd and long by the 49ers with 5 minutes left.   Or at least a hands to the face.

No way 49ers can run the clock out.  Chargers 3 time outs and the 2 minute warning.  49ers would need to run like 12 plays and they're at the 50 accounting for incomplete passes and so forth.

Surprised chargers didn't use a timeout there on that punt.  I guess they're trying to have the last possession.

I get the technicality of that touchback, but the dude obviously had control and the refs blew the play dead before he took the ball into the endzone.  

The charger clock management is going to get a lot of scrutiny after this game.

This is going to me one of the more bizarre covers of the weekend when the chargers let them score.