Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

I mean…i do this trade right?

So I have Jacobs, Walker, and Pierce as my running backs. I have lamb and Jefferson as my receivers with Deebo, and Pickens on the bench.

start 2 rb, 2 wr and a flex. 

The offer is, I would be getting the ravens defense who has an absolute cake schedule to the end of the year for Debo, who I literally can’t play because of other players and he sucks and the Rams defense who just got shredded by colt, McCoy and the Cardinals 

I take that right?

No. I wouldn’t trade a skill player for a Def.  

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No. I wouldn’t trade a skill player for a Def.  

Just to play, devils advocate here. Samuel is wide receiver 51 in a standard league. He’s only scored over 10 points once in the last two months. How on earth could I possibly rely on him? 

Now I'll play devils advocate.

Either.....................

A: That guy really thinks highly of Deebo, & believes he's going to perform much better going forward.

B: The WW for WR's is picked bare in your league..

Which is it ?  If it's A & you really believe the ravens D is going to kick arse going forward, I'd go ahead & do it. A substantial % of Samuels fantasy pts have come from his carries.  28 on the year & only 6 less than his 34 receptions. No one knows for sure, but it sure looks like with CMC & Mitchell both healthy, the days of him getting 4 or 5 carries per game are gone. 

If it's B, you'd have to consider the possibility of injury to your other WR's & realize that there's really nothing available on the WW.

33 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Now I'll play devils advocate.

Either.....................

A: That guy really thinks highly of Deebo, & believes he's going to perform much better going forward.

B: The WW for WR's is picked bare in your league..

Which is it ?  If it's A & you really believe the ravens D is going to kick arse going forward, I'd go ahead & do it. A substantial % of Samuels fantasy pts have come from his carries.  28 on the year & only 6 less than his 34 receptions. No one knows for sure, but it sure looks like with CMC & Mitchell both healthy, the days of him getting 4 or 5 carries per game are gone. 

If it's B, you'd have to consider the possibility of injury to your other WR's & realize that there's really nothing available on the WW.

Yeah, I mean Id still have Pickens on my bench. I mean there’s guys like DJ moore on waivers and things like that. Nothing great. Problem is defenses are really hard to get. 

The guy am trading with or trying to as a terrible record and he’s just trying to move anything on his roster so I’m sure even as bad as Samual has been it’s a pretty shiny object

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I mean Id still have Pickens on my bench. I mean there’s guys like DJ moore on waivers and things like that. Nothing great. Problem is defenses are really hard to get. 

The guy am trading with or trying to as a terrible record and he’s just trying to move anything on his roster so I’m sure even as bad as Samual has been it’s a pretty shiny object

Do it.

I’m looking at FFToday scoring for non ppr, and D Samuel is ranked 22nd in points and tied for 17th in avg. 

Pickens is 45 in points.  

I can’t endorse trading a low wr2 for a Def, just to many variables when it pertains scoring points in ff.  

But if one Jefferson or Lamb get hurt you have a sold Wr2 imo. 

42 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m looking at FFToday scoring for non ppr, and D Samuel is ranked 22nd in points and tied for 17th in avg. 

Pickens is 45 in points.  

I can’t endorse trading a low wr2 for a Def, just to many variables when it pertains scoring points in ff.  

But if one Jefferson or Lamb get hurt you have a sold Wr2 imo. 

Yeah, you know what you’re right. I think I must’ve scrolled one too many pages to put him at 51st. Yahoo list 25 per page.

It’s tough because I’m just not seeing some path where he’s going to bring great value and feels like he could give you a zero at any time. Now that McCaffrey is there and Mitchell is back there’s really no reason to give him carries. And Jimmy seems to be looking towards Aiyuk who has 80+ yards the last 4 games

Eh if you think that’s all you need to win the ship. Usually it backfires trading for a def or bidding a lot of FAAB on them. I know how you feel about defense, I would have dropped Toney for Jets D stash if Hardman didn’t get hurt.

10 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

Eh if you think that’s all you need to win the ship. Usually it backfires trading for a def or bidding a lot of FAAB on them. I know how you feel about defense, I would have dropped Toney for Jets D stash if Hardman didn’t get hurt.

Jets D is still out there on our waivers. Tough schedule coming up though. 

I agree with you though on the defenses. I just don’t have any confidence in Samuel at this point. Yeah it’s a gamble if Lamb or Jefferson get hurt but you’re kind of screwed if they got hurt anyway.