Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Why not Beckham to Ravens?

Anybody have an idea why the Ravens aren’t pursuing Beckham? They need a WR way more than any other team he’s been linked to, Balt is def a playoff contender with elite QB and great coaching.
why not the Ravens? Any guesses? 
((esp now that desean Jackson is hurt, big surprise, and Andrews still not right) 

Maybe the ravens are smarter then other teams. And don’t want to waste the time with a player they don’t view as valuable to their team.  

1 hour ago, bfros said:

Anybody have an idea why the Ravens aren’t pursuing Beckham? They need a WR way more than any other team he’s been linked to, Balt is def a playoff contender with elite QB and great coaching.
((esp now that desean Jackson is hurt, big surprise, and Andrews still not right) 

I think they are pursuing but OBJ isn’t interested in them. If they pay enough skrilla I’m sure he’d change his mind.

I had to look that up.

Its a word that was made about in Chicago, it basically means money or cash. Get my skrilla or im gonna pop a cap in yo a$$. by T-ice May 26, 2005.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I think they are pursuing but OBJ isn’t interested in them. If they pay enough skrilla I’m sure he’d change his mind.

I doubt it’s about money…prob has to do with his lack of desire to go there versus other spots to play with dudes he likes, like Dak. 

3 hours ago, bfros said:

Because Jackson is a bad passing QB.  It doesn't matter what WR's you have, Jackson can't maximize their abilities.  Superficially for Beckham, we (as well as the Ravens), know he's a cry baby, and there's no upside to adding him to a team with a bad passing QB.  It just makes your team worse off for it.

It's also a bad fit for Beckham.  He won't be able to produce in Baltimore for the reasons I just stated.  Jackson can't get him the ball enough.

He probably wants to play with aqb who can actually throw the ball

18 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Because Jackson is a bad passing QB.  It doesn't matter what WR's you have, Jackson can't maximize their abilities.  Superficially for Beckham, we (as well as the Ravens), know he's a cry baby, and there's no upside to adding him to a team with a bad passing QB.  It just makes your team worse off for it.

It's also a bad fit for Beckham.  He won't be able to produce in Baltimore for the reasons I just stated.  Jackson can't get him the ball enough.

Agree.... a high run/pass ratio would deter most wrs away from bal

11 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

He probably wants to play with aqb who can actually throw the ball

correction: "throw **him the ball" 

Lamar can get him the ball as well as Dak, with less competition for targets on the outside

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Agree.... a high run/pass ratio would deter most wrs away from bal

nah. Jackson can easily get him the ball. His arm is solid. He'd be open a ton cause Balt run game is solid and Lamar can run it and Andrews takes coverage. Beckham would have at least 20% pass volume and high air yards  

10 minutes ago, bfros said:

nah. Jackson can easily get him the ball. His arm is solid. 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, bfros said:

nah. Jackson can easily get him the ball. His arm is solid. He'd be open a ton cause Balt run game is solid and Lamar can run it and Andrews takes coverage. Beckham would have at least 20% pass volume and high air yards  

please review bal's history on WR use with Lamar.  this year the leading wr is duvery with 25 rec in 9 games.

last year was hollywood with 91/1008/6 (not terrible)

2020: Hollywood with 58/770/8 in 14 games

2019: Hollywood with 46/584/7 in 11sh games

2018... the year was split between flacco and lamar... they were more top heavy this their targets with the top 3 being snead, crabtree, and john brown (62/54/42 respectfully).

honestly I just dont think its a fit on many levels.

Odell is a bit of a diva and the Baltimore coach probably doesnt wanna deal with that.

odell also likely wants a certain number of targets.   the Baltimore offense is a run based offense, so providing that would be difficult for them.

so this looks like a situation where neither side is getting what they want if he lands there.

plus there is the risk with his ACL which has now had 2 surgeries.    we need to face the possible reality he may never play again at the level he was at.

personally, I wouldnt touch him without seeing a full workout at full speed to make sure he can cut it.  Even then I wouldnt be sending guaranteed money his way, and hes the type of player who would be insulted by this.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Odell is a bit of a diva and the Baltimore coach probably doesnt wanna deal with that.

odell also likely wants a certain number of targets.   the Baltimore offense is a run based offense, so providing that would be difficult for them.

so this looks like a situation where neither side is getting what they want if he lands there.

plus there is the risk with his ACL which has now had 2 surgeries.    we need to face the possible reality he may never play again at the level he was at.

personally, I wouldnt touch him without seeing a full workout at full speed to make sure he can cut it.  Even then I wouldnt be sending guaranteed money his way, and hes the type of player who would be insulted by this.

… extended version of my read on it.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

That’s it they don’t see him as bringing any value to their team. 

because the ravens know lamar can't throw, which is probably why their WR room look like it did entering the year to begin with

The Ravens don't have much cap space and have to deal with what to do with free agency with Lamar Jackson and now Roquan Smith.

OBJ is looking to get paid.  It won't be in Baltimore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drdelaware said:

The Ravens don't have much cap space and have to deal with what to do with free agency with Lamar Jackson and now Roquan Smith.

OBJ is looking to get paid.  It won't be in Baltimore.

The Giants have less cap space then the Ravens. OBJ doesn't want to go to Baltimore, that is the main reason he won't be there...

I suspect these reports are coming from OBJ's camp.  I guess OBJ is counting on getting one of these inflated WR contracts, and they're trying to drive up his price, but it appears no one wants to pay the inflated price given that he hasn't agreed to terms with a team yet even though supposedly teams are all falling all over themselves for his services.

46 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The Giants have less cap space then the Ravens. OBJ doesn't want to go to Baltimore, that is the main reason he won't be there...

Do the Giants have to lay $50 million out for a QB and $20 mil for an inside LB next year though?

Regardless I am not completely sure OBJ is healthy anyway.

34 minutes ago, drdelaware said:

Do the Giants have to lay $50 million out for a QB and $20 mil for an inside LB next year though?

Regardless I am not completely sure OBJ is healthy anyway.

They have Saquon and perhaps DJ to pay. Neither will be cheap. OBJ may not be healthy that’s why the Giants want to to get him in the building to see how he looks. Regardless as I have maintained from the start the only way a small market team would get him would be with a massive overpay…

honestly a 1 year prove it deal is probably appropriate for this guy.  I wouldnt lay out that much cash for a guy whose ACL has now been surgically repaired twice.

I think he might be looking for a team that views a player with an ACL injury as a worthy, high paid asset.

translation: OBJ's camp is unhappy with the interest he is receiving from teams.

I wouldn’t be in any hurry to sign him. 

Still no signing of OBJ.  Amazing how long this bidding war must be taking.

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
ODELL BECKHAMWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
Odell_Beckhamjr.jpg

FOX Sports' Ralph Vacchiano reports there is "considerable doubt" free agent Odell Beckham (knee) can return to play this year. 

Beckham, who tore his ACL twice in a 16-month span, expects to be fully cleared later this month. Returning this late in the season, there are questions over how healthy Beckham is and whether he can contribute down the stretch. Beckham informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract that he "hopes ends up being worth $20 million per year." That would put Beckham out of the Giants' price range. Beckham is expected to visit with Buffalo this weekend but the Cowboys remain the favorites for Beckham if the 30-year-old returns this season.

RELATED: 
SOURCE: FOX Sports
Dec 3, 2022, 11:00 AM ET
  • LAR-178x142.png

Hopefully that’s not a surprise to anyone.  

I think the OBJ show is pretty much done in terms of being productive. Don't think he'll regain anything worth getting excited about. Just my gut opinion.