Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

UPDATE: Bills vs. Browns weather 😮 - Moved to Detroit

Recommended Posts

48-72 Inches Of Snow & 30mph Winds Expected For Sunday’s Bills-Browns Game In Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re someone that likes to waste time watching the horrible production that the nfl puts on the field, that would be a fun one. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought all the snow will be done before the game starts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrokh said:

I thought all the snow will be done before the game starts?

Does it really matter if it's 6 ft of snow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, polecatt said:

Does it really matter if it's 6 ft of snow?

Yes. Buffalo has a lot of experience with snow. I’m sure they can clear the field, depending on when it stops of course. If it’s that big a deal they will move the game anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yes. Buffalo has a lot of experience with snow. I’m sure they can clear the field, depending on when it stops of course. If it’s that big a deal they will move the game anyway 

The national weather service isn't infallible, but it sounds like the heaviest snowfall will end by Saturday morning. As you stated, lake-effect snowstorms aren't anything new to Buffalo, & they should have plenty of time to get things cleaned up for Sunday's game.

The National Weather Service in Buffalo is taking an unusually grave tone in its forecast, writing that the episode could be “crippling.” A 36-hour period of rapid accumulation, complete with thundersnow and near-blizzard conditions, is expected to ensue between Thursday and Saturday. The heaviest snow is anticipated late Thursday through Friday night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

The national weather service isn't infallible, but it sounds like the heaviest snowfall will end by Saturday morning. As you stated, lake-effect snowstorms aren't anything new to Buffalo, & they should have plenty of time to get things cleaned up for Sunday's game.

The National Weather Service in Buffalo is taking an unusually grave tone in its forecast, writing that the episode could be “crippling.” A 36-hour period of rapid accumulation, complete with thundersnow and near-blizzard conditions, is expected to ensue between Thursday and Saturday. The heaviest snow is anticipated late Thursday through Friday night.

 

This is what they (National Weather Service), have for Sunday: 

"Snow likely before 1pm, then a chance of snow showers after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%."

Snow accumulation from 8 pm to 11 pm Saturday night is 2.5 inches, then 3.5 inches until 5 am, and back to 2.5 inches until noon.  When exactly are they supposed to clear the snow?

I'm not seeing Thursday through Saturday... I'm seeing Friday through Sunday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is what they (National Weather Service), have for Sunday: 

"Snow likely before 1pm, then a chance of snow showers after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%."

Snow accumulation from 8 pm to 11 pm Saturday night is 2.5 inches, then 3.5 inches until 5 am, and back to 2.5 inches until noon.  When exactly are they supposed to clear the snow?

I'm not seeing Thursday through Saturday... I'm seeing Friday through Sunday.

 

I always thought they put a tarp on the field and removed just prior to game time.

it wont be perfect, but should be ok unless it snows right up to game time.  then I'm sure some of the snow will remain on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not eating the yellow snow also a very good move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the weather is nicer in Cleveland the following week.  We're visiting family in Columbus, OH for Thanksgiving and we're not coming back until the following week.  The Bucs are playing in Cleveland that Sunday.  If the weather is reasonable, we may go to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Hope the weather is nicer in Cleveland the following week.  We're visiting family in Columbus, OH for Thanksgiving and we're not coming back until the following week.  The Bucs are playing in Cleveland that Sunday.  If the weather is reasonable, we may go to the game.

Have a good Thanksgiving I'll be in lake Tahoe hoping for some fresh powder to do some boarding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

Have a good Thanksgiving I'll be in lake Tahoe hoping for some fresh powder to do some boarding 

I'm not into skiing or snow boarding, but I'm sure if you get some good snow, you'll have a great time out there.  Have fun man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The home team usually loses in Detroit, and Buffalo is technically still the "home" team, so...  3 losses in a row?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to start G Davis in two leagues, I’m happy about this great decision the nfl made.  Plus on one team I do own the Bills kicker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

needless to say i have dropped tyler bass

For?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, taco breath said:

bunch o puzzies.

Fireman, police officers, EMTs, emergency first responders, hospital staff 

amd you’re worried about a football game 

moron

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find it ironic that a guy with a middle finger for an icon is lecturing others on respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I just find it ironic that a guy with a middle finger for an icon is lecturing others on respect.

Or posting here when there so many first responders out there to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart move to change the venue. Buffalo doesn't need to be dealing with an additional 50,000 people downtown. I plan on being down there to party with the Bills/Browns fans on Sunday.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pipeman said:

Smart move to change the venue. Buffalo doesn't need to be dealing with an additional 50,000 people downtown. I plan on being down there to party with the Bills/Browns fans on Sunday.

That sounds like a great time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I just find it ironic that a guy with a middle finger for an icon is lecturing others on respect.

Yes sir, Ironic it is, a funny avatar image, that’s it 

what the “all go, be a man, play in all elements” people don’t get is

Its not about the snow in the stadium, it’s about the snow outside the stadium 

or maybe they’re just ignorant and don’t experience storms like  this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×