RLLD

Killer who fatally stabbed 4 University of Idaho students still at large

11 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You call it racism, I call it pattern recognition 

😄

Right. It will be a "pattern" depending on the color of those involved.  It's a pattern if you are white and its a troupe if you are not.  Pretty simple. 

44 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Spot on.

In fact, you could likely go across the major cities and find murders that have happened over the last week , where the body counts exceed these....no mention of those in the media.  Why not? I think its a legitimate question. 

Because they’re young, white and supposedly pretty. They look like people the typical news media audience might know so they value them more. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Because they’re young, white and supposedly pretty. They look like people the typical news media audience might know so they value them more. 

Agree, to an extent. I think society, the media as well, assigns a value to that person.  WHite is part of it, but those players at Va were black, and we can see the lamentation.....why? Because they were in college, and football players....therefore they had value....

I assure you more than those three were killed in Baltimore, Chicago etc recently....crickets....why, because they had no value. 

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree, to an extent. I think society, the media as well, assigns a value to that person.  WHite is part of it, but those players at Va were black, and we can see the lamentation.....why? Because they were in college, and football players....therefore they had value....

I assure you more than those three were killed in Baltimore, Chicago etc recently....crickets....why, because they had no value. 

That’s true. The only time I see anything about routine urban gun violence here it’s when Geeks are trying to score political points. Clearly people don’t give a sh1t.

16 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So if the victims had value, why are you theorizing the suspect’s identity is being hidden?  Those two things seem contradictory to me.

Also I searched “Chicago quadruple homicide” and mostly getting results from 2017.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I would say the police are usually trustable, but not always.
I think we have common ground on this point

I don’t believe I’ve seen a statement saying Paul Pelosi did not let the police in, but let’s stay on topic please.
Will just say this and then drop it, the police told the truth but now the media are lying. We should no longer trust what THEY have to offer as a statement of fact. 

They don’t always say who the suspects are, but I’m pretty sure they usually say if they have any at all.  Saying they don’t have any suspects is probably just scaring the community, so I’m sure they’d say if they had any.  
They tend to hold back to avoid spooking the suspect into running. 

What would be the end game to hiding that the suspect is supposedly black according to you?  Scoring woke points in smalltown Idaho?  You’ve lost your mind.   If anything, the story is getting more press than it otherwise would have and making the police look bad because people think the police are not being forthcoming.
Police avoid naming their suspects until they are ready to arrest them, when you see them announce a person of interest it is because they hope to scare that person into some action that exposes them and forces them to do something to impugn themselves. 

I’ll take the Pelosi conversation to that thread and will tag you…

Wait, your claim is simply saying “we have a suspect” would spook the suspect?  That makes no sense, if for no other reason then I’m sure someone that is on the run after committing a quadruple murder is already “spooked.”

Your last sentence contradicts your claim that they are for some reason holding back information about the suspect because he is black, and if true, would apply regardless of what race they are.

You guys trying to make this a racial/political thing are nucking futs :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I’ve been following the story pretty closely, seems like there’s a good deal of chatter that it was an ex or stalker and cops have a pretty good idea who did it but aren’t ready to move yet for whatever reason 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

That’s true. The only time I see anything about routine urban gun violence here it’s when Geeks are trying to score political points. Clearly people don’t give a sh1t.

Agree.  I think the people who were killed last night had equal value to those kids at UVA.  I think the media can do a better job with this. I think that is my main point.  The media is too manipulative. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

So if the victims had value, why are you theorizing the suspect’s identity is being hidden?  Those two things seem contradictory to me.

Also I searched “Chicago quadruple homicide” and mostly getting results from 2017.

One of two reasons.

1) The police are withholding it to avoid spooking their candidate. 

2) The media know the identity and because it does not feed a specific narrative they are sitting back. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Wait, your claim is simply saying “we have a suspect” would spook the suspect?  That makes no sense, if for no other reason then I’m sure someone that is on the run after committing a quadruple murder is already “spooked.”

Your last sentence contradicts your claim that they are for some reason holding back information about the suspect because he is black, and if true, would apply regardless of what race they are.

Police use this tactic all the time.  It is standard procedure to have a "person of interest" but not let it be known. Where they do let it be known that too is a strategy.

If media are the ones who would be holding back, the situation does not fit the narrative they like they will modify their approach to delivery of the information. 

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree.  I think the people who were killed last night had equal value to those kids at UVA.  I think the media can do a better job with this. I think that is my main point.  The media is too manipulative. 

Your point was that the media would imply that the stabbed is a right wing Trumper but if he’s whites but soft pedal the story if he’s black. I doubt that’s going to happen but we don’t know the race of the killer. 

There really isn’t a racial angle here but Ray is gonna Ray I guess.

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Police use this tactic all the time.  It is standard procedure to have a "person of interest" but not let it be known. Where they do let it be known that too is a strategy.

If media are the ones who would be holding back, the situation does not fit the narrative they like they will modify their approach to delivery of the information. 

I mean a “person of interest” is basically the same thing as a suspect IMO, but I wasn’t aware they said there were even any people of interest. But looks like they may have, saying they were “working to identify them”:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/university-idaho-murders-two-roommates-home-four-students-killed

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You guys trying to make this a racial/political thing are nucking futs :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I’ve been following the story pretty closely, seems like there’s a good deal of chatter that it was an ex or stalker and cops have a pretty good idea who did it but aren’t ready to move yet for whatever reason 

This?

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Your point was that the media would imply that the stabbed is a right wing Trumper but if he’s whites but soft pedal the story if he’s black. I doubt that’s going to happen but we don’t know the race of the killer. 

There really isn’t a racial angle here but Ray is gonna Ray I guess.

I want to highlight what will happen before it does, because it is so predictable. That's all. I think being able to call it before they do it should show that it is a systemic and cognitive action on the part of media to be divisive in order to attract viewers. 

Let's just wait and see. It's isn't like it has not happened before. But time will tell.  :cheers:

The campus had a knife threat back in September.  Some students were threatened with a knife by a man dressed in black.

16 hours ago, RLLD said:

Killer who fatally stabbed 4 University of Idaho students still at large

OK, so a knife was used. No MSM/Democrat leverage to attack gun rights then.

Prediction:

1) Perp is a white male.   We get a heavy dose of "right wing nut" or misogynist Trumper or evil right wing conservative narrative from MSM at the very least.

2) Per is a black male. Limited coverage other than the victims and the notion that "we need to wait and learn more" and this violence was caused by right wing extermism....etc.

This won't move the needle for Democrats unless the killer is white and the victims are black.  At that point, they'll stand on their biggest platform to yell racism.  Outside of that, this is a non-story because the murder weapon is a knife and all that are involved are probably white.  They don't have a gun and they don't have racism, so there's no reason to touch this topic.  They also have a reason to specifically stay away from it.  The knife.  If the Dem's have their way and start a ban on guns completely, they don't want knives to gain negative momentum and be a counterpoint of "Banning guns won't stop murders, they'll just use knives, see!" (point to this incident and other examples)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The campus had a knife threat back in September.  Some students were threatened with a knife by a man dressed in black.

Remove all knives from cafeteria STAT!

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Remove all knives from cafeteria STAT!

People still love using that joke.

Apparently they think it was a Ka-Bar knife.  Basically a military style knife.  Something like this, https://www.amazon.com/KA-BAR-Marine-Corps-Fighting-Straight/dp/B001H53Q6M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2XMYG08E3JF3D&keywords=ka-bar&qid=1668703431&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=ka-bar%2Csporting%2C88&sr=1-2

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

People still love using that joke.

Apparently they think it was a Ka-Bar knife.  Basically a military style knife.  Something like this, https://www.amazon.com/KA-BAR-Marine-Corps-Fighting-Straight/dp/B001H53Q6M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2XMYG08E3JF3D&keywords=ka-bar&qid=1668703431&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=ka-bar%2Csporting%2C88&sr=1-2

Who is they?  You seem to be insinuating a serial knifer.

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Who is they?  You seem to be insinuating a serial knifer.

The police.  They believe that is the murder weapon and have been searching for it.  They went to an outdoors store and asked if they sold them in order to try and find the suspect.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I want to highlight what will happen before it does, because it is so predictable. That's all. I think being able to call it before they do it should show that it is a systemic and cognitive action on the part of media to be divisive in order to attract viewers. 

Let's just wait and see. It's isn't like it has not happened before. But time will tell.  :cheers:

Why has the media been all over the race of the UVa killer again then?

10 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Why has the media been all over the race of the UVa killer again then?

I do not understand the question

50 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes exactly, so quit being such a focking loony :doh:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Yes exactly, so quit being such a focking loony :doh:

Your personal attack aside, I presume you have a point to offer that does not include labelling others? :dunno:

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This?

I am not sure it’s the same guy as the ex/stalker that supposedly the people of Moscow know did it, but if the timeline is correct and that’s an hour or two before they were murdered, yeah sure you’re gonna want to talk to him 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Your personal attack aside, I presume you have a point to offer that does not include labelling others? :dunno:

My point is you’re a focking dumbass. HTH?

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

My point is you’re a focking dumbass. HTH?

Noted. I accept your surrender. 

23 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do not understand the question

You said white killer = huge media attention.  Black killer = media ignores

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Great. I hope you bump this thread when we know more about the killer even if you’re proven wrong. 

Someone in that neighborhood has to have a door cam you would think. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone in that neighborhood has to have a door cam you would think. 

Does your yearbook have you on dork cam?

27 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

You said white killer = huge media attention.  Black killer = media ignores

Actually what I asserted was "Limited coverage" not "media ignores. And I stand by that assertion as evidenced in scenarios such as the Wakesha SUV driver.  You see the media will not accurately report because these situations might tend to feed a troupe.  And so they sacrifice journalistic integrity to meet a societal pursuit. 

It is somewhat subjective of course. But the disparity arises for reasons I do understand, but also disagree with. 

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Great. I hope you bump this thread when we know more about the killer even if you’re proven wrong. 

:cheers:

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Actually what I asserted was "Limited coverage" not "media ignores. And I stand by that assertion as evidenced in scenarios such as the Wakesha SUV driver.  You see the media will not accurately report because these situations might tend to feed a troupe.  And so they sacrifice journalistic integrity to meet a societal pursuit. 

It is somewhat subjective of course. But the disparity arises for reasons I do understand, but also disagree with. 

The Wakesha SUV drivers pic was all over the news.  As is the UVa killer.  Methinks you should re-examing your inherent biases my friend.  Mass killers all get equal treatment for the most part. 

Ok, how about this example, not killers but blatant shoplifters.  I've seen countless videos of brazen shoplifters, many of whom were black.  Explain that please. 

2 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

The Wakesha SUV drivers pic was all over the news.  As is the UVa killer.  Methinks you should re-examing your inherent biases my friend.  Mass killers all get equal treatment for the most part. 

Ok, how about this example, not killers but blatant shoplifters.  I've seen countless videos of brazen shoplifters, many of whom were black.  Explain that please. 

Yeah, they showed those pictures. In one they said the car did it, in the other they said the killer showed great promise. No bias. 

4 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

I did not suggest they were not on the news, again, there was a disparity in HOW these things were presented.  And the media repeats it. Which is why some one like a Rittenhouse will enjoy some financial gain as did the Sandman kid. Because media treats situations differently. 

You have seen the brazen shoplifters, as have we all, now think back to the border guards riding their horses and the way the media and politicians colored that.....can you see some disparity in approach?

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

In other words, you will claim you were right no matter what happens.  Got it 

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I did not suggest they were not on the news, again, there was a disparity in HOW these things were presented.  And the media repeats it. Which is why some one like a Rittenhouse will enjoy some financial gain as did the Sandman kid. Because media treats situations differently. 

You have seen the brazen shoplifters, as have we all, now think back to the border guards riding their horses and the way the media and politicians colored that.....can you see some disparity in approach?

I have seen a ton more shoplifter videos than border anything tbh.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

In other words, you will claim you were right no matter what happens.  Got it 

I would caution you against projection.  Given that I have not done so in the past you are simply painting me with how YOU think. Perhaps given a chance, rather than assuming, you would find that I am being real and central and just noting the obvious.  When proven wrong I have said as much.