RLLD

Killer who fatally stabbed 4 University of Idaho students still at large

3 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

I have seen a ton more shoplifter videos than border anything tbh.

I have observed a lot of both.  Both are an alarming problem that is not being met with proper leadership. I am hopeful that sanity will prevail and clearer heads will seek to deal with both areas on our behalf. 

My point remains. I posted only to prove a point.  I submitted the two potential circumstances and then suggested, based on history, the disparity in how they will be reported.  As this unfolds I will either be shown to be correct or I will be shown to have been incorrect. Now we wait. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone in that neighborhood has to have a door cam you would think. 

That town is back in time, and they’re all rental houses for sure…but yeah, even so, you’re probably right 

This is a horrible crime. I hope the perpetrator was not black. It would be yet another validation that blacks are not to be trusted and make it even more uncomfortable than it already is to be black in predominantly white spaces. 

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

This is a horrible crime. I hope the perpetrator was not black. It would be yet another validation that blacks are not to be trusted and make it even more uncomfortable than it already is to be black in predominantly white spaces. 

To be fair I doubt the perp was black, and even if the person is black it actually means nothing at all.  We have to stop with the "white people are z" and "black people are y".  Allowing group identify to override individual identity has been divisive and ruinous. 

The people who think as you have mentioned are the media seeking ratings and the politicians seeking votes, if you go out into the community, people aren't doing that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I would caution you against projection.  Given that I have not done so in the past you are simply painting me with how YOU think. Perhaps given a chance, rather than assuming, you would find that I am being real and central and just noting the obvious.  When proven wrong I have said as much. 

The obvious that they’re not sharing information about the suspect because he’s black?  Lol.  And guessing you’re wrong anyway 

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The obvious that they’re not sharing information about the suspect because he’s black?  Lol.  And guessing you’re wrong anyway 

That could be true, it would not be out of character for the media to restrain that kind of information.  But there are other things that could be true as well, maybe the police have asked the media to restrain and they are complying, or maybe there is just no information that the media have been able to ferret out.

Who knows. Maybe we learn what happened eventually and maybe we do not.

The premise remains, be wary of the media and their motivations. 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

That could be true, it would not be out of character for the media to restrain that kind of information.  But there are other things that could be true as well, maybe the police have asked the media to restrain and they are complying, or maybe there is just no information that the media have been able to ferret out.

Who knows. Maybe we learn what happened eventually and maybe we do not.

The premise remains, be wary of the media and their motivations. 

My understanding is the media isn’t restricting the information, the police are 

The Sheriff announced earlier today that the FBI has joined the investigation.  About time. 

43 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

My understanding is the media isn’t restricting the information, the police are 

I think that could be true. I would not have any evidence to suggest your position is in any way incorrect. I will wait to see if there was any untruth to that. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Sheriff announced earlier today that the FBI has joined the investigation.  About time. 

That didn’t just happen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I think that could be true. I would not have any evidence to suggest your position is in any way incorrect. I will wait to see if there was any untruth to that. 

So you think it’s possible the police gave the media more information but told them to keep it on the downlow??

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Great. Now Trump has to defend himself against this too?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you think it’s possible the police gave the media more information but told them to keep it on the downlow??

Of course, I am pointedly aware of this happening, this is a real occurrence.  There is a relationship between media and law enforcement that sometimes arises, just as there is between like CNN and the white house.

I am surprised you were not aware.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Of course, I am pointedly aware of this happening, this is a real occurrence.  There is a relationship between media and law enforcement that sometimes arises, just as there is between like CNN and the white house.

I am surprised you were not aware.

Link?

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Link?

I am unlikely to be able to link a private conversation to this forum. I do apologize. 

Thinking about the details of this murder brings up a lot of questions.  One person stabbing 4 people in a house while not waking up the two others sleeping is very strange.  I know young people sleep in but the two roommates not calling authorities until noon is also strange.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Thinking about the details of this murder brings up a lot of questions.  One person stabbing 4 people in a house while not waking up the two others sleeping is very strange.  I know young people sleep in but the two roommates not calling authorities until noon is also strange.

Prosecutor says they don’t believe the roommates are suspects - 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-may-be-looking-for-more-than-one-suspect-in-idaho-college-slayings-prosecutor-says/ar-AA14dNMM?li=BBnb7Kz

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I read that as well.  Still odd that they did not hear anything.  You would think there would have been screaming or some kind of struggle.

Their house was known as a party house.  Neighbors said there would be people in and out of their house often at night.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It is a little odd but it seems that they either 1) knew nothing until noon—even then only when someone else came by and called the cops or 2) they were hiding out but you wouldn’t think for eight hours!

The layout of the house is kinda key with two bedrooms and one bathroom on each level. So if they were in the basement maybe they never had reason to go anywhere else in the house after waking up late and probably hungover 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

It is a little odd but it seems that they either 1) knew nothing until noon—even then only when someone else came by and called the cops or 2) they were hiding out but you wouldn’t think for eight hours!

The layout of the house is kinda key with two bedrooms and one bathroom on each level. So if they were in the basement maybe they never had reason to go anywhere else in the house after waking up late and probably hungover 

They had to have been just keeping to themselves on their own floor or in their rooms.  Maybe hungover and sleeping in.  I can't imagine they were hiding out, they would have used their cell phones to call, text or post something on social media.

Did you see the picture of the blood seeping out the outer wall?  It had to have been an absolute mess in there.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They had to have been just keeping to themselves on their own floor or in their rooms.  Maybe hungover and sleeping in.  I can't imagine they were hiding out, they would have used their cell phones to call, text or post something on social media.

Did you see the picture of the blood seeping out the outer wall?  It had to have been an absolute mess in there.

I did see that. I almost can’t believe that’s real

Now that earlier today the FBI has officially joined the investigation as the Sheriff announced today, we should get some more clarity.  They have the best toys. 

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I read that as well.  Still odd that they did not hear anything.  You would think there would have been screaming or some kind of struggle.

Their house was known as a party house.  Neighbors said there would be people in and out of their house often at night.

Have not read thru this thread but I was wondering if they were all passed out from a night of partying or even slipped a 'mickey'. and the killer was just able to go room to room and cut their throats. 

41 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Have not read thru this thread but I was wondering if they were all passed out from a night of partying or even slipped a 'mickey'. and the killer was just able to go room to room and cut their throats. 

I'm curious if they were each in their rooms or all in one room.  They haven't released those details yet.

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now that earlier today the FBI has officially joined the investigation as the Sheriff announced today, we should get some more clarity.  They have the best toys. 

The FBI did not just join the investigation earlier today, liar

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

:rolleyes:

When the Sheriff game his press conference today, where he said the FBI had officially joined the investigation, as opposed to just assisting, he also said there is the possibility of more than one subject.  This from his presser today. Very interesting.  

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't realize how close the U of Idaho was to Washington St.  They're only 10 minutes apart.

There was a time, 20+ years ago at least, when the drinking age was 21 in Washington but only 18 in Idaho. That stretch of road between the two was hella deadly, as you can imagine 

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

There was a time, 20+ years ago at least, when the drinking age was 21 in Washington but only 18 in Idaho. That stretch of road between the two was hella deadly, as you can imagine 

Wow.  That would've been crazy.

19 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm curious if they were each in their rooms or all in one room.  They haven't released those details yet.

I would assume by the fact that they were easily killed and 2 were not is that the 4 dead did not lock the bedroom doors and the 2 that did, did lock them. 

3 in the morning? They were passed out from a night of drinking? Probably. Easy targets once inside. 

I’m glad as of yesterday the FBI is officially part of the investigation since yesterday. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

I would assume by the fact that they were easily killed and 2 were not is that the 4 dead did not lock the bedroom doors and the 2 that did, did lock them. 

3 in the morning? They were passed out from a night of drinking? Probably. Easy targets once inside. 

Possibly. They still haven’t said if the four killed were in their rooms or were all in one room.

Edit: just saw the above post that they were in their rooms. 

Been reading more about this case and there are details trickling out slowly.  The two that were not stabbed were in the lowest floor and would have had a hard time hearing anything, especially if sleeping with headphones or something like that.  Two girls were stabbed in their beds.  The other two were not in their bed and the girl had defensive marks on her, shows that she fought back.

Still a ton of questions that need answers.

17 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Been reading more about this case and there are details trickling out slowly.  The two that were not stabbed were in the lowest floor and would have had a hard time hearing anything, especially if sleeping with headphones or something like that.  Two girls were stabbed in their beds.  The other two were not in their bed and the girl had defensive marks on her, shows that she fought back.

Still a ton of questions that need answers.

I kinda get the impression there was another person there, a guest of the surviving roommates or one of them, who might’ve made the 911 call and may be a POI. But who the hell knows, everything said about this has been so cryptic.

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I kinda get the impression there was another person there, a guest of the surviving roommates or one of them, who might’ve made the 911 call and may be a POI. But who the hell knows, everything said about this has been so cryptic.

One of the roommates called 911 apparently.   Also now coming out that the 2 girls were calling one of their ex-boyfriends (but current friend) a bunch of times just before 3 am but he didn’t answer.  The family is standing by him, so seems to suggest they were calling him for help from someone else.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-university-murders-police-reveal-key-details-about-events-surrounding-stabbing-students

https://www.crimeonline.com/2022/11/19/man-idaho-student-victims-called-identified-family-says-he-absolutely-had-nothing-to-do-with-this/#:~:text=The mysterious “Jack” who got 10 phone calls,sister%2C Alivea Goncalves%2C told The New York Times.

On the rumor mill circuit, seems the guy from the food truck video has been identified, but not clear if he’s considered a person of interest.  People online seem convinced he did it because he apparently was kicked out of his frat and out of a bar and liked to cut up deer or something.

It would have been good if the FBI was officially on the case from jump, not wait until Thursday.  I don’t think the locals have enough experience in a case like this. The coroner sure doesn’t.