Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Going to a penny sale tonight to try and win Thanksgiving dinner

Why buy it when you can win it cheap! :banana: 

Sit around with a bunch of old people and play bingo for food. 

I remember a time in my life I thought 25 was old :(

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Ever done a meat raffle?

Yes. Every time we win we throw it out.  it is never anything good.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Ever done a meat raffle?

That’s what he calls game night. 

Turkeys are pretty cheap anyways. Especially when you consider how many meals you get out of that bird. Now a Prime Rib dinner (been having them for xmas dinner the past few years), I'd enter a raffle for. 

52 minutes ago, MedStudent said:

Turkeys are pretty cheap anyways. Especially when you consider how many meals you get out of that bird. Now a Prime Rib dinner (been having them for xmas dinner the past few years), I'd enter a raffle for. 

I don't get the can't afford turkey thing either. News media act like they are a 1,000 plus for one. Tops $55 and only bought once a year. C-mon man really need to make this much crying over a turkey that maybe twice as much as last year ? Not to mention a good bit of America is on food stamps and still can afford one.

24 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Be a real man and go to a shotgun shoot and win the meat.

:nono:  no guns for me and definitely no killing animals. I will let you caveman handle it

20 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I don't get the can't afford turkey thing either. News media act like they are a 1,000 plus for one. Tops $55 and only bought once a year. C-mon man really need to make this much crying over a turkey that maybe twice as much as last year ? Not to mention a good bit of America is on food stamps and still can afford one.

I could buy every turkey in Massachusetts (hyperbole). Just want to be an old lady tonight and sit and try to win one

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

I could buy every turkey in Massachusetts (hyperbole). Just want to be an old lady tonight and sit and try to win one

That is cool and use to go with my grandma and would almost always win and p!ss off the other old ladies.

We had a radio station here that would do an on air event on thanksgiving morning. Bowling for turkeys. They’d set the pins up in the mall parking lot with an actual lane. You got one roll with a frozen twenty pound turkey to get a strike, and you win that turkey. Very fun to watch as there would be couple hundred participants and it was all free. My brother CP always won one. I think I won one once. We donated ours to the local vets shelter. Good times.🦃

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

:nono:  no guns for me and definitely no killing animals. I will let you caveman handle it

No you shoot at a target with shotguns and they give away meat to the winners. Animals already pre killed like in the supermarket.

My uncle won or was given a turkey, anyway he baked it today,... at 400 degrees...it was really crispy he said like the one in Christmas Vacation.

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Afterward, are you going to the free coat giveaway outside the homeless shelter?  Have you no shame?

:lol:   I think we are going to Messican for dinner and margaritas 

Local radio station here is going to drop a bunch out of a helicopter.

#Godasmywitnessithoughttheycouldfly

we won a 14 lb turkey, 1 sweet bread and a bag of kit kats.

only cost us $50  :lol: 

Local police had a fill a cruiser today, we spent around 50 for the fixins for a turkey...stuffing, mashed taters and green bean casserole to donate.  I am a saint!!!

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Local police had a fill a cruiser today, we spent around 50 for the fixins for a turkey...stuffing, mashed taters and green bean casserole to donate.  I am a saint!!!

Too bad they filled the dark meat portion with 37 rounds because they feared for their life.

21 hours ago, edjr said:

we won a 14 lb turkey, 1 sweet bread and a bag of kit kats.

only cost us $50  :lol: 

Sweetbread as in thymus gland? Or baked good?