Sign in to follow this  
edjr

***official*** 2022 World Cup in Qatar ***official***

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What is the deal with all the PRIDE gear stuff?   I understand Qatar won't allow it.  But why does everyone want to wear gay pride stuff and rainbows all of a sudden? Is it gay pride month?  

They want to lecture Qatar and virtue signal to each other and the western media about how awful, rotten and horrible their host country is.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They want to lecture Qatar and virtue signal to each other and the western media about how awful, rotten and horrible their host country is.

Yeah, I thought you guys usually applauded trolling?

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, I thought you guys usually applauded trolling?

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

What?

:dunno:

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What?

I think he is implying that he trolled us, but really he's backpedaling because he looks like a closet homo 

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

I think he is implying that he trolled us, but really he's backpedaling because he looks like a closet homo 

No, I’m saying the people wearing the pride stuff are trolling Qatar

Just now, TimHauck said:

Trolled yourself 

I was thinking the past few days.... The World Cup. Now that is something that can't be politicized :doh: 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So in other words they don't really care all that much about the gheys? They are doing it to get a rise out of people? 

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So in other words they don't really care all that much about the gheys? They are doing it to get a rise out of people? 

I think they care, just not enough to miss out on some soccer games.  

But I don’t see the issue in calling out Qatar’s ridiculousness.  It’s not like they’re going around having bottsecks in the stands.  They’re wearing a t-shirt with a freaking rainbow on it.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Of course they are.  Goals are hard to come by and extremely important.  Getting a sack when losing by 21 is not worth celebrating.  Of all the things in sports that get celebrated, this is not the one to complain about.

I don't think Ed is making his point very clearly. Of course they celebrate every goal they get.

He's saying it's a cheesy goal. These guys battle up and down the field and it's incredibly difficult to get your guy into position to get even a halfway decent a shot on goal. Defenses rule and you can go a good twenty minutes without either side giving the other team's offense any air. It's incredibly difficult.

Then, along comes the ref who says "Screw all that. Here. Have a chip shot that you have a 90% of making."

An eagle on a par five is a damn impressive feat, setting the ball down on the green and putting it into the hole from two feet away isn't impressive. And that's what a penalty kick is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I don't think Ed is making his point very clearly. Of course they celebrate every goal they get.

He's saying it's a cheesy goal. These guys battle up and down the field and it's incredibly difficult to get your guy into position to get even a halfway decent a shot on goal. Defenses rule and you can go a good twenty minutes without either side giving the other team's offense any air. It's incredibly difficult.

Then, along comes the ref who says "Screw all that. Here. Have a chip shot that you have a 90% of making."

An eagle on a par five is a damn impressive feat, setting the ball down on the green and putting it into the hole from two feet away isn't impressive. And that's what a penalty kick is.

They are still very exciting to watch and worth celebrating.  I get the point trying to be made but I would still celebrate, I don't care if it's a penalty kick.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think they care, just not enough to miss out on some soccer games.  

But I don’t see the issue in calling out Qatar’s ridiculousness.  It’s not like they’re going around having bottsecks in the stands.  They’re wearing a t-shirt with a freaking rainbow on it.

Who has the issue? My question was basically what is with all the random LGBT support.  It is almost like no one cared about gheys 8 years ago.  I was wondering if it was just because it is in Qatar or what.  

It is weird to go to a country you probably have never stepped into, and then troll and get mad about their own rules.  

gays have the best sex parties. What is to hate/?

Group A is

Germany

Italy

Japan

Russia 

They put the band back together again. 

• Haha 1

What's with all the headbutts this year? dudes need to start wearing helmets. #cantbetoosafe

USA had 1 shot on goal yesterday :doh: 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Who has the issue? My question was basically what is with all the random LGBT support.  It is almost like no one cared about gheys 8 years ago.  I was wondering if it was just because it is in Qatar or what.  

It is weird to go to a country you probably have never stepped into, and then troll and get mad about their own rules.  

Qatar clearly has the issue if they are telling people they can’t wear a shirt with a rainbow on it.  I’m not an expert on their laws, do they have a law against wearing shirts with rainbows on them?

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Qatar clearly has the issue if they are telling people they can’t wear a shirt with a rainbow on it.  I’m not an expert on their laws, do they have a law against wearing shirts with rainbows on them?

What if I grew up in the 80s and am a fan of rainbow brite? 

https://pixels.com/featured/rainbow-brite-starlite-80s-cartoon-toy-gary-zalatan.html

YOOGE save by the messican goalie on a PK.

Way bigger celebration than a goal scored on a PK.

11 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

France down early!

They backing Iraq over the USA again?

You don't see shredded ACLs very often in soccer. I blame the turf :thumbsdown:

22 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Mbappe is a man amongst boys.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:00 PM, edjr said:

Mooslim country. Alcohol banned and lots of other dumb rules. Lots of people going to get arrested for being normal. 

butt sex is a no go.

2 minutes ago, taco breath said:

butt sex is a no go.

:( 

6 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

What is the deal with all the PRIDE gear stuff?   I understand Qatar won't allow it.  But why does everyone want to wear gay pride stuff and rainbows all of a sudden? Is it gay pride month?  

what's is the deal with all the NFL gear stuff?  is it football season?

8 minutes ago, taco breath said:

:first: 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Group A is

Germany

Italy

Japan

Russia 

They put the band back together again. 

Italy isn't in the world cup

I threw some bets down, you know, because I watch zero soccer aside from world cup stuff. I don't expect any to hit.

France to win it all :lol: 

Netherlands as a longer shot to win it all

Brazil to win it all as a hedge

Uruguay to make the semi finals

27 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Italy isn't in the world cup

Eh, I read that somewhere. Thought it was funny. Still, Russia, Germany and Japan.  Italy was the bit player in the band. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eh, I read that somewhere. Thought it was funny. Still, Russia, Germany and Japan.  Italy was the bit player in the band. Thanks. 

Russia isn’t in it either.  Don’t you know how to use google?

2 hours ago, taco breath said:

I laughed 

8 hours ago, edjr said:

I was thinking the past few days.... The World Cup. Now that is something that can't be politicized :doh: 

Then you weren't paying attention. This whole thing has been a sh1t show of who can be more outraged. They felt so bad for the workers who died, but they still showed up. They don't like Qatar doesn't like homos, but they still showed up. They didn't like How Qatar won the bid knowing full well every other country bought their bids too, but they still showed up.

That's the thing about virtue signaling on both sides. At the end of the day they still show up. 

why isnt italy in?