Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Knee Injury for Kyle Pitts

That's a shame, but can't say it's really fantasy worthy...

Although, maybe people taking the fools gold will be forced to look elsewhere instead of getting F'ed in the A every week

Yea fourth round bust for me.   I picked Nijoku in like the 15 round and was playing him instead until he hurt his ankle  hopefully he will be back next week   I need to win the rest of my games and hope for help just to have a shot at the last playoff spot anyway  

Eddie Jackson of the Bears did that and it was not a nice way to tackle someone.  He dove head on full speed into Pitts' thigh, just above the knee.

Brutal news for the Falcons. Not sure how that dynamic passing offense can survive the loss of one of their key weapons. They may need to run a little more. Perhaps scale the pass attempts down to single digits? Good riddance. 

9 minutes ago, boilerddd said:

Not sure how that dynamic passing offense can survive the loss of one of their key weapons.

Yeah, that's 2.8 catches per game that will have to be distributed among the remaining receivers.

1 hour ago, boilerddd said:

Brutal news for the Falcons. Not sure how that dynamic passing offense can survive the loss of one of their key weapons. They may need to run a little more. Perhaps scale the pass attempts down to single digits? Good riddance. 

I think it’s awful that Pitt was injured, but heck he’s been awful.  

2 hours ago, LaChup said:

Generational talent.

Generational bust

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 5:56 PM, boilerddd said:

My sarcasm meter just blew up!

Averaging like 7 targets over the last 4 weeks. Drake London would seem the likely beneficiary who is averaging 5/week himself. Can he get up to 8 targets per game? 

would still be boom/bust just due to the inefficiency of that offense. 

Drafted Pitts at #4 in 1st round of my dynasty draft because of the "generational talent" hype he was getting.  Should have taken Chase, but I already had Tyler Boyd (when Boyd was still #1 WR in Cincy) so didn't want 2 WRs on same team.

One can’t justify not taking Chase over Pitts in the 4th round

56 minutes ago, weepaws said:

One can’t justify not taking Chase over Pitts in the 4th round

Learn to read. 

he picked pitts at #4 in the FIRST round of his dynasty draft 

assuming it was the rookie draft 2021, that is reasonable depending on needs. 

4th pick or  4th round, can’t justify not taking the better player, that would be Chase. 

On 11/21/2022 at 5:44 PM, Gepetto said:

Eddie Jackson of the Bears did that and it was not a nice way to tackle someone.  He dove head on full speed into Pitts' thigh, just above the knee.

I don't like to see players get hurt either, but that's probably the way Eddie was taught to tackle . Antoine Winfield tackled the same way throughout his career. 

Figuring out how and where to tackle an opponent is becoming a progressively trickier conundrum for NFL defenders. They can't hit too high for fear of a reprimand from the league. If they target a ball-carrier's lower extremities, then there's an increased risk of causing a debilitating knee or ankle injury.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2188997-nfl-players-plead-with-tacklersto-aim-for-head-not-knees-in-otl-report

48 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I don't like to see players get hurt either, but that's probably the way Eddie was taught to tackle . Antoine Winfield tackled the same way throughout his career. 

Figuring out how and where to tackle an opponent is becoming a progressively trickier conundrum for NFL defenders. They can't hit too high for fear of a reprimand from the league. If they target a ball-carrier's lower extremities, then there's an increased risk of causing a debilitating knee or ankle injury.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2188997-nfl-players-plead-with-tacklersto-aim-for-head-not-knees-in-otl-report

No def.