Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

D. Swift. The Real Story?

It’s getting hard to believe the coaches are playing it safe with him at this point. Hasn’t been on the injury report for 2 weeks, so if he’s still somehow hurt why even bother giving him a few carries per game - just sit him. DET is still in the mix for the wild card and not giving up on the season yet, and no reason to save him for the playoff run - they should be trying to GET in the playoffs. Swift averting 6.1 ypc., so I simply cannot think of any good reason why he’s not at least getting 50% of the carries.  Anyone have any ideas?  

I saw a report in a email back a week ago, that Swift said he still dealing with stuff, so I benched him for J Williams.  Trade deadline is this week, I’ve trying to trade him , not much in return. 

I kinda watched the games.   He'd get decent yardage.   Down to the 2.  They give it to Williams.   Boom td.  Swift almost broke one and got tackled short and you could feel his frustration for not getting a single td yet.   He'd be decent if Williams wasn't guaranteed all the goal line work, which seems to be the case. 

Maddening but… theres time. Hes the most dynamic player on the roster and has strung together 4 full practices. His juice looks good out there but no clue what the coaches are thinking. No more excuses. 

24 minutes ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Maddening but… theres time. Hes the most dynamic player on the roster and has strung together 4 full practices. His juice looks good out there but no clue what the coaches are thinking. No more excuses. 

I'm guessing Williams gets more goal line work because he's 6' 0"/224 lbs & Swift is 5' 9"/208 lbs

I realize how frustrating it can be, but coaches are going to do whatever 'they think' gives their team the best chance for success.

IOW: They don't give a rats azz about our fantasy teams.

12 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I'm guessing Williams gets more goal line work because he's 6' 0"/224 lbs & Swift is 5' 9"/208 lbs

I realize how frustrating it can be, but coaches are going to do whatever 'they think' gives their team the best chance for success.

Selfish 

8 hours ago, easilyscan said:

As frustrating as it is, I can understand Williams getting the goal line work. I just don’t understand why Swift is getting almost NO work?  He’s essentially been the 3rd string RB for the past couple weeks. It makes no sense. 

5 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I just don’t understand why Swift is getting almost NO work?  

I don't understand that either ? Maybe he has a lingering injury that's worse than the team is letting on ?

3 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Who is selfish ?

Those NFL coaches.  

• Like 1

Isn’t swift kind of a nut? And injury prone? I can see why they’re not overeager to rely on him