Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Shirt worn by US soccer coach at World Cup speaks volumes about a nation divided

Great work Joey, picking up right where your mentor the Divider in Chief left off...

The World Cup is a chance for countries to come together for a common goal every four years. It’s been a tough few years in America with our homeland more divided than it has been in recent memory. Yet, the World Cup provides an opportunity for us to be united as a nation behind US Soccer.

But not for USA head coach Gregg Berhalter apparently.

Like most good Americans, I tuned in for the opening match against Wales, a disappointing draw. But the result wasn’t what disappointed me most. I couldn’t help but get irrationally upset every time they showed the US sideline because of the t-shirt worn by Berhalter.

A black-and-white Nike shirt that simply says, "STATES." Not "United" States. No red-white-and-blue. No eagles, no flag, no nothing. It’s as sterile as sterile can be.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/shirt-worn-us-soccer-coach-world-cup-speaks-volumes-about-nation-divided-commentary

Did they kneel for the flag like the women's team does? 

It could be worse.I expected a BLM shirt when I opened the thread or maybe a decidedly rainbow/gay shirt to poke Qatar in the eye.

After what we've been through, seeing the lengths leftoids will go to vent/fume about how awful the country is, this seems rather minor infraction if it's an infraction at all. 

So many countries are so proud. They cry while singing along to their national anthems. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Did they kneel for the flag like the women's team does? 

It could be worse.I expected a BLM shirt when I opened the thread or maybe a decidedly rainbow/gay shirt to poke Qatar in the eye.

After what we've been through, seeing the lengths leftoids will go to vent/fume about how awful the country is, this seems rather minor infraction if it's an infraction at all. 

Why is this guy on the world's stage competing against other nations as a whole. I see this as more of a condemnation of out president. Which would make it rather accurate but why air out our dirty laundry to the world? It's a stance of weakness. That dude could have been  a part of the solution and not voted for for an evil bottom of the barrel president in Biden. 

And focking Nike shirts. He is more touting China and their insane practices than anything the US. And lose this team will do with a head coach like that just as lose this country is doing with the president we have in office. 

Having Nike as the main sponsor for the US Soccer team flies in the face of everything this nation should stand for. They stay silent on Chinese atrocities while profiting from their labor yet are quick to point out any indiscretion in America 

It’s no surprise that Nike would create such an unpatriotic representation for our National Team’s coach to don. In fact, China has to love seeing the American coach wearing a shirt that simply says "STATES."

Nothing could be better for the country that seeks to become the World’s #1 superpower. They want to see us become just a collection of "STATES." Not united. Just states.

Playing into that on the world’s biggest stage in front of a global audience feels like we lost before we even stepped on the pitch.

Meh, I don't see a problem with it. 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Well we're clearly not united, and both sides can take blame for that.  I don't even know if it's possible to have a president that can unite us at this point 

If we could just get red states and blue states to leave each other alone, that would be a win.

I don't like what happens in California, but that's their prerogative to run their state as they see fit. I choose not to live there and that should be that.

I just don't want to get any California on me - a hard trick to pull off considering how deeply imbedded the grip of the woke is in film, social media, traditional media, academia, and national politics.

Don't be like the left and nit pick every little thing.  This is just looking for things to complain about now.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Well we're clearly not united, and both sides can take blame for that.  I don't even know if it's possible to have a president that can unite us at this point 

Justincharge has some ideas.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Don't be like the left and nit pick every little thing.  This is just looking for things to complain about now.

Every single link is Fox News that I've seen around here from him.   Stuff like this is their bread and butter.  

When I poke around there after a link, it's almost always the case you can easily find an article about:  CRT/race, trans/lgqtq, dumb/crazy lib doing dumb/crazy stuff, THIS is what lib media is reporting, or pedophiles.  

The problem we have is that people want the federal government to make laws that will usurp state laws and reduce the impact of "states rights", which is the foundation of our country.  People need to stop enforcing their beliefs at the federal level to impact people in other states without those beliefs.

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Every single link is Fox News that I've seen around here from him.   Stuff like this is their bread and butter.  

When I poke around there after a link, it's almost always the case you can easily find an article about:  CRT/race, trans/lgqtq, dumb/crazy lib doing dumb/crazy stuff, THIS is what lib media is reporting, or pedophiles.  

What we have determined here over time is the people on the right love to yell about how the MSM is manipulating people but fair to realize that:

1.) FOX News is the largest media company in the country and most watched by far

2.) The sources on the right do the exact same type of manipulating and the right slurp it all up. 

45 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The problem we have is that people want the federal government to make laws that will usurp state laws and reduce the impact of "states rights", which is the foundation of our country.  People need to stop enforcing their beliefs at the federal level to impact people in other states without those beliefs.

Wtf does this have to do with a t shirt?

i think it's just more of this sh;tty gay trend of stupidity like i see on NBA jerseys " The Valley" "BKLYN" "ATL"

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Nope. Outside chance that a centrist Republican, fighting a grave national emergency, could do it. A Dem will never have a chance, as they'll be hated before they get sworn in due to the power of the RWM machine. Same for a far right Republican. 

Trump had a great opportunity when Covid came along, but, yaknow, Trump.

Also, what's up with all you dopes that wrap yourselves in the flag and scream about free speech being stymied that get so triggered by something as dumb and inconsequential as this? Look up self awareness sometime.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

i think it's just more of this sh;tty gay trend of stupidity like i see on NBA jerseys " The Valley" "BKLYN" "ATL"

This 

10 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Nope. Outside chance that a centrist Republican, fighting a grave national emergency, could do it. A Dem will never have a chance, as they'll be hated before they get sworn in due to the power of the RWM machine. Same for a far right Republican. 

Trump had a great opportunity when Covid came along, but, yaknow, Trump.

100% agree on this. Had Trump met the moment he does it. Instead he decided to not do that. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

100% agree on this. Had Trump met the moment he does it. Instead he decided to not do that. 

He would have demolished Biden if he had handled it with even a small fraction of competence.

I guess Trump didn’t get ventilators and hospitals built in a flash and get them where they were needed. That didn’t happen. I remember Maddow saying how long it would take to get the hospital ships to where they needed to be and meanwhile they were already on their way. And I guess if was Trump that returned all those Covid patients to nursing homes while those same hospitals were nearly empty. Trump! 

9 minutes ago, Fnord said:

He would have demolished Biden if he had handled it with even a small fraction of competence.

Exactly. It would've been as close to a rout as you will get anymore

Trump got more votes after Covid than he did before. But Biden got 81 million. So there’s that. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump got more votes after Covid than he did before. But Biden got 81 million. So there’s that. Lol. 

Typical HT...say something that is devoid of all the variables around it to try and prove a point. 

In other news, Gregg's three ghey friends, each wearing the remainder of the Nike 4-pack United States Of America t-shirt set were beheaded outside of the stadium.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess Trump didn’t get ventilators and hospitals built in a flash and get them where they were needed. That didn’t happen. I remember Maddow saying how long it would take to get the hospital ships to where they needed to be and meanwhile they were already on their way. And I guess if was Trump that returned all those Covid patients to nursing homes while those same hospitals were nearly empty. Trump! 

You are of course 100% correct, it never mattered what Trump accomplished. These revisionist history dipshlts would have never been satisfied. Truly disgusting disingenuous pieces of shlt.

Just now, Reality said:

You are of course 100% correct, it never mattered what Trump accomplished. These revisionist history dipshlts would have never been satisfied. Truly disgusting disingenuous pieces of shlt.

Spoken like a true sycophantic dipsh!t.

No one said he did nothing right during it- just saying he was a net negative on it. But you guys can't understand that because it isn't blind sh!t sipping of Trump's ass

If the OP had even the slightest clue, he’d know that the US is commonly referred to as “the states” by foreigners. If you ever make it out of mom’s basement to another country, and somebody asks you where you’re from, “the states” is all you need to say.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fnord said:

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Exactly. It would've been as close to a rout as you will get anymore

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Spoken like a true sycophantic dipsh!t.

No one said he did nothing right during it- just saying he was a net negative on it. But you guys can't understand that because it isn't blind sh!t sipping of Trump's ass

Minutes apart, these people are shameless. You are an absolute clown.

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

If the OP had even the slightest clue, he’d know that the US is commonly referred to as “the states” by foreigners. If you ever make it out of mom’s basement to another country, and somebody asks you where you’re from, “the states” is all you need to say.

Then all the other people in the US are idiots for putting USA over the gazillion years.

What a piece of work you turned out to be in life.  And your little cut downs, which is all you liberals have left in life, don't really go anywhere and only make you look like a below low IQ triggered liberal. 

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Minutes apart, these people are shameless. You are an absolute clown.

What can you do? Centrists have a different way of looking at things. Some of them think less customers is good for a business.  

Just now, craftsman said:

Then all the other people in the US are idiots for putting USA over the gazillion years.

What a piece of work you turned out to be in life.  And your little cut downs, which is all you liberals have left in life, don't really go anywhere and only make you look like a below low IQ triggered liberal. 

I hear your mom calling. Your PB&J sandwich and glass of milk are ready. Turn off the pron, wash your hands, and go upstairs for lunch.

Just now, dogcows said:

I hear your mom calling. Your PB&J sandwich and glass of milk are ready. Turn off the pron, wash your hands, and go upstairs for lunch.

Even she's in your head.

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Did you actually think anything of the shirt until FoxNews made a comment about it?  This shouldn't be a story at all.  It's just making up an issue to pander to their base.

• Like 1

I remember when the US Hockey team won in 1980. The players couldn’t get American flag out there fast enough. I have a big picture of it in my TV room. We were a better  country then.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember when the US Hockey team won in 1980. The players couldn’t get American flag out there fast enough. I have a big picture of it in my TV room. We were a butter country then.  

Parkay!

10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Ooooh.  Arrogant round eye.  I from "States".  You country have no name?   You think you special?!?! 

• Haha 1

I would have but I don't watch a lot of TV. 

You in particular like to respond ad nauseum to threads that you are not interested in just for a chance to start a bltch slap session. You do it all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did you actually think anything of the shirt until FoxNews made a comment about it?  This shouldn't be a story at all.  It's just making up an issue to pander to their base.

Agreed