Jump to content
wiffleball

Is there anything supernatural you kinda believe in?

Recommended Posts

Really wide open. Maybe a relative visited you in your dreams before he or she died the next day or whatever. Or ghosts in general. Or literally anything. Deja Vu? Just curious if anybody has something like that. I have a few things. But I'm curious to hear from you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder about the idea of Angels.  On three occasions I should have reasonably have been killed and yet the situation tilted in my favor, as if something had intervened.

once is luck, twice is very lucky but the third left me wondering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve told all my ghost stories here  but it was about 20 years ago.  We lived in a house with a ghost.  More than 20 people had encounters with it.  I believe in ghosts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had this idea for a fictional story where the universe is a simulation but a couple thousand years ago, some humans got smart enough to hack it and made themselves gods.  they set up a place for themselves called Mount Olympus and began terrorizing regular people with mad schemes and generally treating mortals like playthings.   they got away with it for some time until they started causing a little TOO much trouble to where the owners of the simulation actually noticed.  so the owners punished and jailed the hackers, and closed the loopholes.  

but they failed to close all of them.

and in modern times, someone found a loophole and began to use it to explore the "backstage" as it were and the people that were jailed.

but its all too close to the matrix storyline and i dunno how to make it more interesting.  adding a nuclear war might do it. (im required to mention nuclear war because people keep making jokes about it now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That all women are 1 shot away from their first lesbian experience.

 

 

don’t take that away from me dammit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now willing to leave a door open on the UFO thing being a possibility, rather than just outright dismiss it as bunk as I had for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

I don't think anything is super natural. I just think we are out of touch with or capabilities. 

Ding! 

We've not evolved enough to pick up on certain things. 

Let's say a white circle encompasses all the universe's knowledge.

What we know represents a microscopic black line in that. What we know we don't know represents another microscopic black like, like don't know what happens if you fly a spacecraft into a worm hole. 

Everything else represents all that we don't know about what we don't know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

i had this idea for a fictional story where the universe is a simulation but a couple thousand years ago, some humans got smart enough to hack it and made themselves gods.  they set up a place for themselves called Mount Olympus and began terrorizing regular people with mad schemes and generally treating mortals like playthings.   they got away with it for some time until they started causing a little TOO much trouble to where the owners of the simulation actually noticed.  so the owners punished and jailed the hackers, and closed the loopholes.  

but they failed to close all of them.

and in modern times, someone found a loophole and began to use it to explore the "backstage" as it were and the people that were jailed.

but its all too close to the matrix storyline and i dunno how to make it more interesting.  adding a nuclear war might do it. (im required to mention nuclear war because people keep making jokes about it now)

 

further backstory is that the loophole used in modern times was first accidentally discovered by Aleister Crowley when he was a child.  He was terrified and mesmerized by what he found, but he was not smart enough to completely understand the mechanics behind the loophole he discovered.  So he used it once, briefly became effectively a god for a time, then lost the power.  This broke his faith in Christianity and drove him absolutely mad, sending him down the terrible path of the occult in a desperate attempt to figure out what had happened.  He wound up founding his own cult to mask what actually was a series of experiments to unlock the loophole.  All of them failed because he never fully commited to any of his work.  Ironically, its was laying on his deathbed facing oblivion that pushed him to fully commit, and he unlocks the loophole again just before dying.  Idiot.  But at that point he becomes a god once again.  He immediately fakes his death and orders his "creamation" to hide the evidence.  Then the first thing he does is decide to jump to the future, far enough to where people likely have forgotten he exists. He picks 1998.

And that's where the hero comes in who discovers the loophole in modern times.  Crowley jumping forward to 1998 opens the loophole wider by the nature of the trick.  The hero is able to use the loophole, on accident, but its easier because of what Crowley did.  The hero unlocks it in the act of flirting with a female co-worker.  He decides to play a game where he hands the girl a deck of cards, tells her to pick one, hold it up high, and he will concentrate and tell her what the card is.  The hero was planning on saying "the 45th of clubs" as a joke.  Unfortunately, when he concentrates, the entire room goes BLACK for a moment, except the card in her hand, which can be clearly read as the 3 of hearts.  Then the room returns to normal.  He tells her its the 3 of hearts, and she laughs and reveals it to be that card.  She thinks its hilarious.  The hero is stunned and scared.  He tries it again a couple hours later.  It works again.  The hero starts to wonder if he is magical or some shiit, so the first thing he does it run to the gas station after work and play the lottery, trying to concentrate on the numbers.  Nothing seems to happen.  He then picks some numbers.  All totally wrong. 

Slowly, he figures out the loophole through trial and error, then breaks thru to the other side, finds the old Mount Olympus setup, also evidene of Crowley. 

It just keeps going from there.  blah blah blah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes - ghost, skin walkers, chupacabra, witches, deja vu, other stuff

No - zombies, vampires, werewolves, other stuff

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

I don't think anything is super natural. I just think we are out of touch with or capabilities. 

is there a difference?

thats what bugs me about some people, when they say "i dont believe in a god, but i think there is a super powerful entity running everything".   there is ZERO difference.  if i create and control a universe, i am god to that universe. if the christian God descends upon Earth with his Holy Host and then tells us "yah im a computer programmer", he's still God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

 

further backstory is that the loophole used in modern times was first accidentally discovered by Aleister Crowley when he was a child.  He was terrified and mesmerized by what he found, but he was not smart enough to completely understand the mechanics behind the loophole he discovered.  So he used it once, briefly became effectively a god for a time, then lost the power.  This broke his faith in Christianity and drove him absolutely mad, sending him down the terrible path of the occult in a desperate attempt to figure out what had happened.  He wound up founding his own cult to mask what actually was a series of experiments to unlock the loophole.  All of them failed because he never fully commited to any of his work.  Ironically, its was laying on his deathbed facing oblivion that pushed him to fully commit, and he unlocks the loophole again just before dying.  Idiot.  But at that point he becomes a god once again.  He immediately fakes his death and orders his "creamation" to hide the evidence.  Then the first thing he does is decide to jump to the future, far enough to where people likely have forgotten he exists. He picks 1998.

And that's where the hero comes in who discovers the loophole in modern times.  Crowley jumping forward to 1998 opens the loophole wider by the nature of the trick.  The hero is able to use the loophole, on accident, but its easier because of what Crowley did.  The hero unlocks it in the act of flirting with a female co-worker.  He decides to play a game where he hands the girl a deck of cards, tells her to pick one, hold it up high, and he will concentrate and tell her what the card is.  The hero was planning on saying "the 45th of clubs" as a joke.  Unfortunately, when he concentrates, the entire room goes BLACK for a moment, except the card in her hand, which can be clearly read as the 3 of hearts.  Then the room returns to normal.  He tells her its the 3 of hearts, and she laughs and reveals it to be that card.  She thinks its hilarious.  The hero is stunned and scared.  He tries it again a couple hours later.  It works again.  The hero starts to wonder if he is magical or some shiit, so the first thing he does it run to the gas station after work and play the lottery, trying to concentrate on the numbers.  Nothing seems to happen.  He then picks some numbers.  All totally wrong. 

Slowly, he figures out the loophole through trial and error, then breaks thru to the other side, finds the old Mount Olympus setup, also evidene of Crowley. 

It just keeps going from there.  blah blah blah.

This would make an excellent foundational underpinning basis for a book. Instead of using Crowley, who played with Satanism and whose personal life turns people off, I'd recommend that you make up a character to replace him. You could have the story start with Harry Houdini debunking him as a fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 years ago I watched the satellites move across the night sky in Maine (look like white stars moving fast). I watched one that eventually made a small flame burst and changed direction 90 degrees.

I mentioned it to a friend the next day and he said "yeah, that couldn't have been a satellite. They don't change directions like that."

Still wonder what it was... military... UFO... too much lsd as a teenager.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

30 years ago I watched the satellites move across the night sky in Maine (look like white stars moving fast). I watched one that eventually made a small flame burst and changed direction 90 degrees.

I mentioned it to a friend the next day and he said "yeah, that couldn't have been a satellite. They don't change directions like that."

Still wonder what it was... military... UFO... too much lsd as a teenager.  :dunno:

When I was on acid, I would see things like beams of light. And I would hear things that sounded an awful lot like car horns.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

30 years ago I watched the satellites move across the night sky in Maine (look like white stars moving fast). I watched one that eventually made a small flame burst and changed direction 90 degrees.

I mentioned it to a friend the next day and he said "yeah, that couldn't have been a satellite. They don't change directions like that."

Still wonder what it was... military... UFO... too much lsd as a teenager.  :dunno:

I don't doubt there are other civilizations out there, but if they're smart enough to have the technology to get here, it seems like they would be smart enough to not be seen.

Maybe they wanted to be seen or didn't care. 

:dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Ana de Armas

 

Post of the day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Ding! 

We've not evolved enough to pick up on certain things. 

Let's say a white circle encompasses all the universe's knowledge.

What we know represents a microscopic black line in that. What we know we don't know represents another microscopic black like, like don't know what happens if you fly a spacecraft into a worm hole. 

Everything else represents all that we don't know about what we don't know.

 

So, you are kind of saying that there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say, we know there are some things we do not know.  But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I told you, you wouldn't believe me.

It involves seeing a bell boy at a Key West Hotel 4 months after he died falling into a vacant elevator shaft.  Yes, it was him and yes it it is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

This would make an excellent foundational underpinning basis for a book. Instead of using Crowley, who played with Satanism and whose personal life turns people off, I'd recommend that you make up a character to replace him. You could have the story start with Harry Houdini debunking him as a fraud.

well, Crowley is a villain in this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fandandy said:

So, you are kind of saying that there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say, we know there are some things we do not know.  But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. That sh1t is reserved for religion and other fair tales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work in a building that was built in the 1800’s.
Many stories of strange occurrences.
Yes- I’ve experienced some unexplained events in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No - nothing. I think there’s a scientific explanation for everything even if we don’t have it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We live on a planet that is floating in the blackness of space rotating around this giant burning ball like clockwork.

This burning ball is one of maybe one hundred billion in our galaxy and based on today's "scientific" estimates there are one hundred and seventy billion galaxies.  And this is perfectly acceptable and normal to just happen to exist in the middle of nothingness to everyone here but God forbid if there is some energy or "ghost".  Nope.  That is unfathomable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MDC said:

No - nothing. I think there’s a scientific explanation for everything even if we don’t have it yet.

again, there is no difference between a god and a super advanced entity that can change things we cannot fathom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id love to visit a house that people claim is haunted and spend a week alone in it or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

id love to visit a house that people claim is haunted and spend a week alone in it or something.

Would you honestly do this, alone?  No way in this world I would.  Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Would you honestly do this, alone?  No way in this world I would.  Nope.

Me neither and I don’t even believe in ghosts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×