Voltaire

Happy Thanksgiving 2022

I had a big lunch at the German restaurant here, and that's about as good as I can do.

Happy Thanksgiving.  21 minutes into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and we have our first tranny sighting.  They even gave it a solo.

Happy Thanksgiving Volty!

Got all the fixin's ready to go. Grilling the bird, Boys & Gints on this afternoon, lots of alcoholic beverages will be consumed. It's going to be a good day.

:cheers:

Happy Thanksgiving. 50 degrees outside, bird is on the smoker and Coors Light is flowing. Woman is in the kitchen doing her job. 

• Haha 1

Happy Thanksgiving Geeks! 

Let's Go COWBOYS!

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving all!  I'm thankful for my family which will be over later.  Also for being alive.  :cheers: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hosting 15 of us.  everything is done except the mashed potatoes.. just need to cook and finish them. everything else will just need a reheat

:banana:  can enjoy some football and chill a little.

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Just got done eating.  I feel like a bloated whale.  I knocked the turkey out of the park this year.  I slathered it in mayonnaise, and it came out as juicy as ever, and the skin was incredibly crispy.

Definitely doing that again next year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

gobble gobble!

What did monica say to bill for $200 alex?

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

What did monica say to bill for $200 alex?

Don’t cvm in my mouth?

My wife has everyone watching a documentary I've already seen before, so I figure it's OK to waste a few minutes here until we switch over the Patriots-Vikings game.

🙄

Turkey on the smoker for the first time, plus brined it a day ahead, came out great -- Meat was tender and skin was crispy, perfect combo, plus a good (not overpowering) level of smokiness.

I gained 2 pounds even after a few sizable dumps, so I'd say the celebration was a success.  :D

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving fellas. First time hosting at my house this past year. Did a fried Turkey, Mac and cheese, and candied yams while my parents came and brought stuff and my in laws came from Nebraska and made stuff for us. Tomorrow we have our gender reveal to find out what sex our baby is. Then Sunday is my dads 80th bday. Gonna be a busy weekend :cheers: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Happy Thanksgiving fellas. First time hosting at my house this past year. Did a fried Turkey, Mac and cheese, and candied yams while my parents came and brought stuff and my in laws came from Nebraska and made stuff for us. Tomorrow we have our gender reveal to find out what sex our baby is. Then Sunday is my dads 80th bday. Gonna be a busy weekend :cheers: 

You’re back! I thought you were banned or something.

Your dad is 80? I thought you were in your 20s. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Hell, I'm trying to remember if I knew his wife was having a baby.  :unsure: 

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Welcome back ! That’s awesome man. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m 34. My dad turns 80 today. My wife got pregnant literally right before I got a 3 month ban by the local Narc but it worked out cause I didn’t spend much time on here anyway due to being busy. A lot of excitement has happened in those few months I was gone haha

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hell, I'm trying to remember if I knew his wife was having a baby.  :unsure: 

Nope. Didn’t tell anyone at the time cause we were waiting until we could actually tell ppl. Didn’t wanna jinx it. 

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Nope. Didn’t tell anyone at the time cause we were waiting until we could actually tell ppl. Didn’t wanna jinx it. 

Well then congrats!  This is your first, right?  :cheers:

• Like 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

Well then congrats!  This is your first, right?  :cheers:

Thanks bro! Yes it’s our first. My wife surprised me one day when I came home. Recorded her tellin me and I about lost it. Been wanting kids for a while and we just started trying a few months before she found out she was pregnant :cheers: 

31 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m 34. My dad turns 80 today. My wife got pregnant literally right before I got a 3 month ban by the local Narc but it worked out cause I didn’t spend much time on here anyway due to being busy. A lot of excitement has happened in those few months I was gone haha

Congrats. :cheers: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Thanks bro! Yes it’s our first. My wife surprised me one day when I came home. Recorded her tellin me and I about lost it. Been wanting kids for a while and we just started trying a few months before she found out she was pregnant :cheers: 

What a coincidence! I just stopped trying with her a few months ago! :cheers:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Hosting 15 of us.  everything is done except the mashed potatoes.. just need to cook and finish them. everything else will just need a reheat

:banana:  can enjoy some football and chill a little.

Smoked turkey

maple bourbon ham

smoked tea duck

my stuffing with stone fruit

mom brought a corn casserole

made my roasted green apple butternut squash soup (creme fraiche, sage oil)

my cranberries

mashed potatoes

brussels sprouts w bacon, onion, garlic, leeks

hm biscuits

pumpkin pie

caramel apple cheesecake

some excellent french wines (chablis, white rhone, 1st cru pinot, sancerre)