cmh6476

The exact wrong place to ask this question, but here goes

I'm trying to figure out (like I can't logically figure this out in my head), how an individual identifies with a plural pronoun.  Not saying this in a way to downgrade someone, or make them feel less than, or anything like that.  It's just one person is one person, and two people make up relevant words in a sentence when there are more than one person like "they" or "them".  And to me when it's important to know like if you're a firefighter going in to a burning fire and someone says "they are still in there", how in the hell is that useful?

Now in my mind, I don't care if someone says I'm an either/ or.  Meh, whatever.  But you aren't really two people.

Additionally, instead of publicly declaring pronouns like it's something everyone should do, why not just do it when someone announces you incorrectly?  And I'm not saying this to be a butt either.  I was on the phone with a person who was working to master the English language and couldn't figure my name out so they called me m'aam.  That doesn't often happen to me, and if I felt the need I guess I could have corrected her to say "he/ him please".  But other than that, what really is the big deal?

18 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm trying to figure out how an individual identifies with a plural pronoun.

Additionally, instead of publicly declaring pronouns like it's something everyone should do, why not just do it when someone announces you incorrectly?  

my balls are they / them.  i publicly declare it by writing my pronouns on my ballsac and dropping my pants.

this was the correct place to ask this.  

There are alot of people in this world that are sheep, and want to be part of the new "in thing". They like attention.

There's alot of people that under any circumstance, cannot think for themselves.

There's alot of people who are mentally ill.

And then there is the completely sane rest of us. And at this point. Probably 55% of us are democrate/liberals and have no problem taking advantage of these people.

If you have a pen1s or a vagina and know you're male and female. Then welcome to the new minority. Skin color, race, background, where you're from. Doesn't matter. That's the new minority.

If you "identify" as "whatever", you're a pawn. But unfortunately the new majority. 

Actual definitions don't matter to the left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fock if I know. Go ask the experts with personal experience at what's left of Joe's board.

• Haha 1

I think it’s the new way of describing someone who in the past would have been called either a tomboy (female) or a metrosexual (male). 

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I think it’s the new way of describing someone who in the past would have been called either a tomboy (female) or a metrosexual (male). 

Tomboys and meterosexuals are comfortable in their own skin and accept who they were. They didn't try to pass themselves off as anything else. In 2022, young people like this are the most vulnerable to gender ideology confusion and easier to recruit than more feminine girls or more masculine boys. 

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Tomboys and meterosexuals are comfortable in their own skin and accept who they were. They didn't try to pass themselves off as anything else. In 2022, young people like this are the most vulnerable to gender ideology confusion and easier to recruit than more feminine girls or more masculine boys. 

Dude, you worry about this sh!t WAY too much. And unless are speaking from personal experience-how do you know how comfortable they were or are today? The they/them label does sound horrible, though, but I guess it’s the most accurate description. And I not sure I like how the media has made them into some androgynous looking beings. I think most are just normal looking guys and gals that like a bunch of stuff from both of the sexes. Like girls that are into cars and fashion. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense. :dunno: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's a mental illness. Period. If someone tells you they have an imaginary friend you don't encourage that behavior but for some reason body dysmorphia is not only encouraged but celebrated.

• Like 1

I always just assumed it was someone with multiple personalities... like digby/vyse. 

• Sad 1

It is immature and silly.  But people can do what they want.  If you look like a girl and I call you she, don't get mad at me if you NEED to be a they.  Otherwise do whatever you want.  Just don't be a snowflake about it. 

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It is immature and silly.  But people can do what they want.  If you look like a girl and I call you she, don't get mad at me if you NEED to be a they.  Otherwise do whatever you want.  Just don't be a snowflake about it. 

I can get on board with this. I don’t agree that the concept is immature or silly, but getting bent out of shape about it is. The entire thing is about not being pigeonholed into a label then getting mad that someone doesn’t use the right label is funny.

34 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Dude, you worry about this sh!t WAY too much. And unless are speaking from personal experience-how do you know how comfortable they were or are today? The they/them label does sound horrible, though, but I guess it’s the most accurate description. And I not sure I like how the media has made them into some androgynous looking beings. I think most are just normal looking guys and gals that like a bunch of stuff from both of the sexes. Like girls that are into cars and fashion. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense. :dunno: 

I think seeing 1 in 6 young people identify as LGBTQ these days when traditionally it's been closer to 1 in 50 is worthy of concern.

Now, I can't say I have much experience dealing with meterosexual boys, fair enough. But I have met plenty of tomboys in my day and this isn't what any I know are about. I've listened to Heather Heying's take on the matter specifically on her podcast and she succulently encapsulates the experience of the tomboys I know. I can also pick up a book. One of the biggest/most famous tomboys who ever existed, certainly the most gifted literary writer, is Laura Ingalls Wilder. I can be 100% certain that the "they"  pronoun would not have been welcome in either case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

I agree. Probably 75% or more of non binary people are just masculine women or feminine men who think they must be NB. 

They/them was already in use. “They” should pick better pronouns.

The famous Dave Chappelle said it perfectly.

I dont care what you are or identify as.  I have a problem with how you percieve my role in it.

(Im paraphrasing)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I think seeing 1 in 6 young people identify as LGBTQ these days when traditionally it's been closer to 1 in 50 is worthy of concern.

Now, I can't say I have much experience dealing with meterosexual boys, fair enough. But I have met plenty of tomboys in my day and this isn't what any I know are about. I have listened to Heather Heying's take on the matter on her podcast. I can also pick up a book. One of the biggest/most famous tomboys who ever existed, certainly the most gifted literary writer, is Laura Ingalls Wilder. The country needed tens of thousands of tough women and men like her to get built. I can be 100% certain that the "they"  pronoun would not have been welcome in her case either.

That’s because times change and what is considered acceptable changes with it. You didn’t see a bunch of interracial marriage until as a society we accepted it. 

It’s hard to say what those people at the time would welcome if they were in our time period-because they weren’t in our time period.

I grew up as a tomboy. I was equally as happy playing with Matchbox cars as I was Barbies. I would say I’m about as 50/50 split as you can get. I love fashion, makeup, shoes, etc, but I also love cars, electronics and other more traditional male type activities. But growing up I was fully aware that I didn’t really belong to either group, but I also can’t say I felt uncomfortable about it either. But I definitely didn’t fit in. Girls didn’t treat me like other girls and guys didn’t treat me like one of the guys either. So not having to pick a side seems logical to me.  :dunno:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

That’s because times change and what is considered acceptable changes with it. You didn’t see a bunch of interracial marriage until as a society we accepted it. 

It’s hard to say what those people at the time would welcome if they were in our time period-because they weren’t in our time period.

I grew up as a tomboy. I was equally as happy playing with Matchbox cars as I was Barbies. I would say I’m about as 50/50 split as you can get. I love fashion, makeup, shoes, etc, but I also love cars, electronics and other more traditional male type activities. But growing up I was fully aware that I didn’t really belong to either group, but I also can’t say I felt uncomfortable about it either. But I definitely didn’t fit in. Girls didn’t treat me like other girls and guys didn’t treat me like one of the guys either. So not having to pick a side seems logical to me.  :dunno:

I don't really get it.  There are very good looking feminine women who like hunting, cars, and football.   Are they a Tom Boy?   Do they want to be on "neither team"? What does your personal interests have to do with gender?  And "picking a side"?

Again, I don't care what you want to call yourself.   But what do personal interests have to do with it?   This is silly.

It's pretty simple.  They don't identify as a single gender.  Therefore... They.

It would be easier if they would've made up a new pronoun that was less confusing though.  I think the new thing is Xe or Ze or something like that.

The thing our generation needs to understand is that we had our chances.  We did our thing.  It's time for a new generation to do their thing.  Sure, we can consult and give opinions, but it's their time now.  

49 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I don't really get it.  There are very good looking feminine women who like hunting, cars, and football.   Are they a Tom Boy?   Do they want to be on "neither team"? What does your personal interests have to do with gender?  And "picking a side"?

Again, I don't care what you want to call yourself.   But what do personal interests have to do with it?   This is silly.

I don’t think it’s an anatomical question. It’s more about gender traits. So yes, a feminine looking woman who likes hunting, cars and football would be considered a tomboy. But the younger generation didn’t like that term so they picked a different one. See Nobody’s response below above.

I don’t give a fock one way or the other. I find the people who insist on it a little weird, and the people who obsess about how others insist on it just as weird too

27 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t give a fock one way or the other. I find the people who insist on it a little weird, and the people who obsess about how others insist on it just as weird too

It’s only weird to me because I am supposed to tolerate it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

The famous Dave Chappelle said it perfectly.

I dont care what you are or identify as.  I have a problem with how you percieve my role in it.

(Im paraphrasing)

I'm not familiar with the quote, but this is sorta how I feel.  If someone I know well requests of me to use different pronouns, I'll make the effort to do so.  But it seems we've zipped past that into what in many cases seems like a bit of a power grab.

45 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm not familiar with the quote, but this is sorta how I feel.  If someone I know well requests of me to use different pronouns, I'll make the effort to do so.  But it seems we've zipped past that into what in many cases seems like a bit of a power grab.

The non trans activist woketards are 10x more annoying than any actual trans person. I think some of them have very little going on so they became non binary so they can feel oppressed. Actual trans folks for the most part just seem to want to live their lives.

2 hours ago, OldMaid said:

I don’t think it’s an anatomical question. It’s more about gender traits. So yes, a feminine looking woman who likes hunting, cars and football would be considered a tomboy. But the younger generation didn’t like that term so they picked a different one. See Nobody’s response below above.

It is funny how quick women.  I suppose straight women have came to fock all they worked for up.

Hey daughter,  you can be anything you want to be!  1st woman president of USA!  Dont let anyone say you can't be something because you are a woman! Oh you like sports and don't mind baiting a fishing hook?  Do you want to reconsider your pronouns sweetheart?  

2 hours ago, MDC said:

The non trans activist woketards are 10x more annoying than any actual trans person. I think some of them have very little going on so they became non binary so they can feel oppressed. Actual trans folks for the most part just seem to want to live their lives.

I totally agree.  :cheers: 

When society collectively normalizes insanity, and thousands of years of common sense is disregarded and considered backward you find yourself posing questions such as the OP.

If you need to question it and billions of years of evolution tell your instincts that this is focked up,  guess what?  It is.

Agree 100% with the OP.

For example when one of these mentally ill theys decide to steal some luggage or something it makes it sound like they had accomplices.  

I am going to start using "It" and "That" as pronouns for folks who confuse me.  Otherwise I will take my pronoun cues from obvious and visible secondary sex characteristics.  As for those who I know, if I respect them sufficiently to remember a non-obvious pronoun choice I would use it.  The thing is, since I don't repect those who make these choices and demands this is a bit of a catch 22.

If you think you see people who are not there, you can use the pronoun "they" to describe yourself.  I prefer to know where the mentally ill people are. TYIA

I am confused. 

I like hunting, trail running, guns. I cuss a lot. I drive a Jeep with 35" tires and a 2" lift. I enjoy getting dirty and muddy and having a great time. I mostly wear jeans, hoodies, and running shoes with my hair pulled back in a pony. If you see me in a dress, heels, or some otherwise coordinated outfit, it must be a special occasion. 

BUT... 

I also like make up, getting my hair done, going to the spa and getting pedis, massages, facials. I like to look pretty. 

I have what seems to be tomboy traits, but also feminine ones. 

Not sure where I fit. Or what "they" would call me. 

I sleep with a dude tho, so I guess I am Cis? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am confused. 

I like hunting, trail running, guns. I cuss a lot. I drive a Jeep with 35" tires and a 2" lift. I enjoy getting dirty and muddy and having a great time. I mostly wear jeans, hoodies, and running shoes with my hair pulled back in a pony. If you see me in a dress, heels, or some otherwise coordinated outfit, it must be a special occasion. 

BUT... 

I also like make up, getting my hair done, going to the spa and getting pedis, massages, facials. I like to look pretty. 

About the facials….

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am confused. 

BUT... 

So you are Angelina Jolie playing Laura Croft?

34 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I also like ... facials.

Might not be something to post about here with this group...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am confused. 

BUT... 

you got a lot going on