Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***2023 Wagering Contest*** Free to Join - Winner gets $100

17 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

I would have kept pace with ya if Usman would have won.  I can't believe he didn't come out with more intensity/pressure.  I need them to start offering props again.

I am hoping they offer strikeout props when baseball starts. If not, I may be pretty quiet until football season. 

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I am hoping they offer strikeout props when baseball starts. If not, I may be pretty quiet until football season. 

i'll probably sit out until then too.  Maybe longer ^_^

52 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i'll probably sit out until then too.  Maybe longer ^_^

You can set how long they run and I paid for a year long subscription. We can start another that runs just for the football season. 

2100+

Props were great until March Madness ended.  Which is weird because most of the props were NBA and NHL.

All I've got is MMA until props come back.  

@bostonlager are you able to make bets?  Keep getting "bets not saved check your connection" error. On both phone and tablet.  I got a whole UFC lineup to plug in today. 

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

@bostonlager are you able to make bets?  Keep getting "bets not saved check your connection" error. On both phone and tablet.  I got a whole UFC lineup to plug in today. 

Mine is good

• Like 1

Well that's foked. Was trying everything to get it fixed. Went to log out and long back in and accidentally left the contest.  :lol:

Wont let me back in or rejoin. 

For the record I was just shy of 500 bets with 2330 points. 

3 hours ago, Horseman said:

I haven’t placed any bets in a while. I’ll find something tonight and let you know 

13 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I'm back.

I sent a message to help and they reinstated me.  

:overhead: 

You got kicked out? I haven’t been on in a while. Probably pretty quiet for me until football 

Just now, bostonlager said:

You got kicked out? I haven’t been on in a while. Probably pretty quiet for me until football 

No, I was having problems getting bets to save so I thought maybe logging out and logging back in would help.  Well, instead of logging out of the app, I removed my self from the group and once you do that there is no way back in.  

PS.  Football?  They have draft props up!

• Thanks 1

Still can't make pics.  :mad:

"Error saving picks. Check your connection." 

WTF.  Another message sent to Help.  Hopefully they can fix me before tomorrow night.

• I know the site sucks, but any interest in doing one solely during football season for money? $25 entry - college or NFL - opening weekend to the Super Bowl?

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:
  • I know the site sucks, but any interest in doing one solely during football season for money? $25 entry - college or NFL - opening weekend to the Super Bowl?

IN

Yes. For me this is a blast despite my issues with the app. 

@bostonlager I submitted another request to Help because it wont take any more bets. 

However, in messing around with the settings I found that you could add another entry. And on the second entry the bets are working (proves the issue isnt my connection)  At first I thought well if they fix the first entry, I'd just delete the second, but the option is to leave which I think would kick me out altogether again.  

Is it cool if I just keep it and deduct 1000 points from my combined total? Make sense?  

We could also let all the guys that have already shot their load know, and they could keep playing basically starting out at -1000. (We wouldnt want that to be abused betting 6 entries for 6000 on Trump prop or something)  

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

@bostonlager I submitted another request to Help because it wont take any more bets. 

However, in messing around with the settings I found that you could add another entry. And on the second entry the bets are working (proves the issue isnt my connection)  At first I thought well if they fix the first entry, I'd just delete the second, but the option is to leave which I think would kick me out altogether again.  

Is it cool if I just keep it and deduct 1000 points from my combined total? Make sense?  

We could also let all the guys that have already shot their load know, and they could keep playing basically starting out at -1000. (We wouldnt want that to be abused betting 6 entries for 6000 on Trump prop or something)  

That works 

@bostonlager the help desk got back to me and they asked me to ask you to take a look at the settings. See if there is anything that's limiting the max number of bets or max totals or something.  Why the hell they cant see that themselves doesnt make any sense to me. If you want to screenshot the settings and email them to me I can try to figure it out. 

59 minutes ago, Horseman said:

@bostonlager the help desk got back to me and they asked me to ask you to take a look at the settings. See if there is anything that's limiting the max number of bets or max totals or something.  Why the hell they cant see that themselves doesnt make any sense to me. If you want to screenshot the settings and email them to me I can try to figure it out. 

Everything is set to unlimited and all possible bets permitted. They are making an excuse for why its not functioning correctly. 

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Everything is set to unlimited and all possible bets permitted. They are making an excuse for why its not functioning correctly. 

Yeah, I figured.  One of those deals where they get charged every time they take something back to the development team. 

I like the product if they'd iron out the kinks so I'll keep explaining it to them.  If it got more popular I'd buy a subscription. 

:cheers:

RIGGED!

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

RIGGED!

Hey I got 2300+ points just sitting there frozen so it should be ok if I borrow against that. 

Plus I'm irrevocably harmed for not being able to bet for a week.  😂

We're just foking around this year anyways.  In the group hit the cog at the top right and there is an option for "New Entry".  Start EdJr-2 and we'll count you starting at -1000.  Otherwise it's just me and Lager playing by ourselves with the occasional drive by from hawkeye.  

@patweisers44 @WhiteWonder @Fireballer

Anybody that ends up in the negative at the end of the year gets their kneecaps broken.  

16 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Hey I got 2300+ points just sitting there frozen so it should be ok if I borrow against that. 

Plus I'm irrevocably harmed for not being able to bet for a week.  😂

We're just foking around this year anyways.  In the group hit the cog at the top right and there is an option for "New Entry".  Start EdJr-2 and we'll count you starting at -1000.  Otherwise it's just me and Lager playing by ourselves with the occasional drive by from hawkeye.  

@patweisers44 @WhiteWonder @Fireballer

Anybody that ends up in the negative at the end of the year gets their kneecaps broken.  

I signed up for Draftkings as it is legal in MA. now. I put in 200 about a month ago. I cashed out for 153 the other day and deleted it. I'm just not a gambler :(

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I signed up for Draftkings as it is legal in MA. now. I put in 200 about a month ago. I cashed out for 153 the other day and deleted it. I'm just not a gambler :(

DK gave me the boot over some stupid crap when my PayPal got hacked so I use FanDuel now. Their promos had been better anyway. I won a decent amount of money off both but this app for our contest was lacking too much of what I’m used to so I just started going all in during March madness until l got bit.  

no biggie. I may have mentioned before I also lost interest when I realized you could just wager on stupid stuff like trump to withdraw from the election. 

gambling is gambling but I thought we were doing sports 😂 

Whew.  Rather be lucky than good.  

I've been betting props +/- 10 points each.  I have them written down then punch them in really quick because you have to go through and hit the series of buttons one at a time. Then wait for each to record.  Foking fat fingered one today and hit 510 instead of 10 without noticing before it was too late.  Needed Malcolm Brogdon over 14.5 points.  Check on the way home, just before half and he had 13. Sweated out a third quarter where he missed a layup, a 3 pointer and got stripped twice going to be basket with no foul. Finally he hiit a 3 in the 4th.  

Yesterday was one of only 2-3 times I havent come out ahead when betting more than a handful of props, lost almost every one of them.  Glad that wasnt tonight.  

12 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Anyone make a good profit ?

I've been sitting on the bench since NCAA tournament ended. About to start warming up for footballseason. 

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I've been sitting on the bench since NCAA tournament ended. About to start warming up for footballseason. 

Football season would be where some money could be made. Does the site allow horse racing ?

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Football season would be where some money could be made. Does the site allow horse racing ?

They might have had some KY derby bets, but not like you're looking to play I don't think. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

They might have had some KY derby bets, but not like you're looking to play I don't think. 

Ohh got ya and thanks.

8 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

They had horse props and matchups for the durby.  That's it.