Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

New York Times is hosting a $2500 speaking engagement for Bankman-Fried, Zuckerberg, Zelensky, etc.

you cant make this up.  "important questions need to be asked of Fried" ... at $2500 per ticket LOLOLLLOLOL.  I thought when we questioned people that are accused of something, we didnt have to pay them to speak.  Scam...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companies/new-york-times-criticised-for-hosting-ftx-founder-at-242500-per-ticket-conference/ar-AA14vUbS

New York Times criticised for hosting FTX founder at $2,500-per-ticket conference

Story by James Warrington, Gareth Corfield, Chris

Sam Bankman-Fried is listed as a guest speaker at the New York Times DealBook Summit on November 30, which charges $2,500 (£2,062) for a single ticket.

In a tweet on Thursday, Mr Bankman-Fried confirmed he would turn up in person to speak at the event.

The announcement sparked a backlash from parts of the crypto industry, which has been plunged into turmoil following the collapse of FTX and the loss of billions of dollars in customer funds.

Mr Bankman-Fried has faced personal criticism for his role in the saga, with administrators saying the cryptocurrency exchange’s financial records were worse than Enron, whose bankruptcy wiped the company's $60bn valuation to zero and triggered the collapse of global audit firm Arthur Andersen.

Scores of Twitter users took aim at the New York Times for pushing ahead with the appearance, while Elon Musk tweeted: “Is this really still happening?”

Meanwhile, David Sacks, a long-time ally of Mr Musk and former PayPal executive, tweeted: “For years, the elite media has treated every successful tech startup as if it’s a fraud that needs to be exposed. But when the mother of all frauds actually comes along, they minimise and cover for it.”

Andrew Ross Sorkin, the New York Times columnist who manages the annual conference, defended his decision to interview Mr Bankman-Fried.

He wrote on Twitter: “There are a lot of important questions to be asked and answered. Nothing is off limits. Looking forward to it…”

But the move will pile fresh pressure on the New York Times after it was accused of publishing a “puff piece” about the FTX founder in the aftermath of the company’s collapse.

The FTX founder is due to appear alongside a host of other big-name speakers at the conference next week, including Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Amazon boss Andy Jassy and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

• Thanks 1

Corrected Title: Only have to change 2 letters

New York Times is hosting a $2500 speaking engagement for Bankman-Fraud, Zuckerberg, Zelensky, etc.

All liberals. The democrats are neck deep in this fraud.  

I have been following this for a bit.  Unreal.  He's also a Jew, btw.  Shocking, I'm sure.  As is Zuckerberg, as is Zelensky, as is Yellen.

0.2% of the global population.

They sure do seem powerful though, huh?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I have been following this for a bit.  Unreal.  He's also a Jew, btw.  Shocking, I'm sure.  As is Zuckerberg, as is Zelensky, as is Yellen.

0.2% of the global population.

They sure do seem powerful though, huh?

Just a coincidence I'm sure. 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The democrats are neck deep in this fraud.  

Republicans too 

In the spirit of Christmas, I think we should all think about chipping in $2500 to help Mr. Bankman-Fried in his hour of need.

Sam isn't going to show. He might zoom in though.

7 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yes, because NOTHING says "Republican" like "New York Times" and "Janet Yellin".  :lol:

GTFO.