Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Wakanda Forgetta

Went and saw it last night.  Best part were the Chadwick Bosemen tributes.

I am a marvel fanboy and I found it lacking.  Not enough action...not enough humor.  Dont waste your money.  Disappointing 100 %

Casting was aweful...huge gaps in the story..mishmash of plotlines.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hearing Disney rushed it. They needed the money. 

Evident they rushed something

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Bummer, enjoyed the first one.

Same...totally new direction...rooned.

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its the most racist superhero movie ever?

the main villain is literally a wetback

Yes and the casting was terrible..bone in the nose.. at least his people were blue and fish looking

22 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It'll be a good year for movies when not a single superhero movie gets produced 

Finally we agree on something.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Finally we agree on something.

I was never into superhero movies.  I watched a couple of the classics and they were okay.. McGuire's Spider Man, Dark Night and the original Iron Man, but my superhero itch was scratched over a decade ago. No idea how these copy paste movies are still this popular.

18 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I was never into superhero movies.  I watched a couple of the classics and they were okay.. McGuire's Spider Man, Dark Night and the original Iron Man, but my superhero itch was scratched over a decade ago. No idea how these copy paste movies are still this popular.

It’s all about $. Hollywood wants to make movies that draw the biggest demographic possible. Marvel movies are usually safe for kids as young as 8, maybe dad takes his son to see it out of nostalgia, mom and siblings get dragged along. And then all the toys, happy meals, cross promotional tie ins etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s all about $. Hollywood wants to make movies that draw the biggest demographic possible. Marvel movies are usually safe for kids as young as 8, maybe dad takes his son to see it out of nostalgia, mom and siblings get dragged along. And then all the toys, happy meals, cross promotional tie ins etc. 

Its like a big a$$ baking contest and everyone is using the same cookie cutter for the win 

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Its like a big a$$ baking contest and everyone is using the same cookie cutter for the win 

There are tons of great movies coming out all the time. They’re just not coming from the big studio machines. Hollywood doesn’t really make adult movies anymore.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

There are tons of great movies coming out all the time. They’re just not coming from the big studio machines. Hollywood doesn’t really make adult movies anymore.

Elvis was excellent, so was where the crawdads sing...avatar 2 looks fantastic also.  Cameron is great!!  I want to see that new one about the filmmaker as well

59 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Elvis was excellent, so was where the crawdads sing...avatar 2 looks fantastic also.  Cameron is great!!  I want to see that new one about the filmmaker as well

Where the crawdads sing was watchable but not great.

SPOILERS!!

For one thing I had a wee bit of a problem with the idea that we were supposed to celebrate a murderer getting away with her crime. I mean yeah the guy was an ahole but boy isn’t that a slippery slope!

What I love is the number of times I've read how this movie is a celebration of culture!, You realize it's an entirely fictional society right? An entirely made up culture? Might as well be watching f****** avatar.

Why on earth any red blooded white guy would choose to see this movie is beyond me.  I mean I wouldn't go see bros..not in my demographic, so why the hell would I go see this thing?  Zero interest.

21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Why on earth any red blooded white guy would choose to see this movie is beyond me.  I mean I wouldn't go see bros..not in my demographic, so why the hell would I go see this thing?  Zero interest.

I like marvel movies an grew up looking at Nat. Geo magazine tittays