Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Mother paid 'deprogrammer' after daughter 'brainwashed' by college's woke liberal agenda

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mother-nyc-heiress-paid-deprogrammer-172846585.html

New York City pharmaceutical heiress Annabella Rockwell is claiming that her mother paid a $300-a-day "deprogrammer" after believing her daughter had been "brainwashed" by attending an all-female elite liberal college that left the young woman "totally indoctrinated" and estranged from the parents who raised her.

"I left school very anxious, very nervous, very depressed and sad," Rockwell, now 29, recently told the New York Post. "I saw everything through the lens of oppression and bias and victimhood. I came to the school as someone who saw everyone equally. I left looking for injustice wherever I could and automatically assuming that all White men were sexist. My thoughts were no longer my own."

Rockwell, a former competitive figure skater who grew up on the Upper East Side, told the Post that at first she was elated to attend Mount Holyoke College — a $60,000-a-year women’s institution in rural Massachusetts — in 2011.

Unlike other first-year students, she said she did not participate in the "MoHo chop," an initiation ritual meant to shrug off gender roles by cutting one's hair. By her junior year, however, Rockwell told the Post that she noticed a shift in herself after taking a gender studies class.

"This professor tells me about the patriarchy," Rockwell said. "I barely knew what the word meant. I didn’t know what she was talking about. I wasn’t someone that into feminism. I just knew that I felt I had always been free to do what I wanted. I never experienced sexism. But I was told there’s the patriarchy, and you don’t even understand it’s been working against you your whole life. You’ve been oppressed, and you didn’t even know it. Now you have to fight it. And I just went down this deep rabbit hole."

The curtain is slowly being pulled back on the Wizard of Woke by Toto. 

Wokeness is starting to become the next scientology...

I always respected you because I thought you were too cool to post on weekends or evenings.  Please don't take this away from me.

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I always respected you because I thought you were too cool to post on weekends or evenings.  Please don't take this away from me.

It is rare. I was on the couch watching crappy NFL and read this and it needs to be posted here :)

I will do my best.

The link is blocked in China and my VPN has been ... seriously underperforming... lately.

That said, Mount Holyoke sounds like the 9th ring of Woke Hell.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Wouldn’t a “deprogrammer” be more akin to Scientology?

Wouldn't avoiding the octopus be akin to avoiding its suction cups?

WOOD!!!!!!!!

Not everyone can afford this kind of cult deprogramming.

Others who wrench themselves free from cults can spend a lifetime unwinding all the damage done.

I wish her well, at least she is no longer being held by the vile lies of liberalism.

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

WOOD!!!!!!!!

Imagine how dumb you’d need to be to fall for this. :lol: