Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Nice long weekend, good food at a friends house, only thing to mar was none of the teams I follow did particularly well. First Bucky loses to Kansas in OT and were only controlling one rebound away from winning, TWICE.  Lose to the gophers on the gridiron and fire local legend Jim Leonhard, but did hire very sought after Luke Fickell(hope OSU doesn't steal him away too soon).  Then the Pack close it out with a loss, but we may get to see if Jordan Love can be the guy, so maybe a silver lining.  Also, on Saturday I found out there is such a thing as too much scotch.  :shocking:

On this day in 1975 "As the World Turns" and "The Edge of Night", the final two American soap operas that had resisted going to pre-taped broadcasts, air their last live episodes. ---as someone who has participated in live tv, I can't imagine doing a soap opera live, that's crazy.

Every geek, have a great week. 

Good morning Mike and all!  Had a pretty fun and productive weekend, the latter being our moving towards finishing our almost-remodeled house.  Unfortunately I'm starting week 2 of rehab for having a varicose vein removed in my leg, and it clotted sorta close to the main vein so they really, really don't want me to do anything too strenuous, like... heavy lifting, which is kinda important to move furniture around.  

They did say I can golf tho, so I'm heading out in about an hour.  Have a good day and week Geeks!  :cheers: 

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Good morning Mike and all!  Had a pretty fun and productive weekend, the latter being our moving towards finishing our almost-remodeled house.  Unfortunately I'm starting week 2 of rehab for having a varicose vein removed in my leg, and it clotted sorta close to the main vein so they really, really don't want me to do anything too strenuous, like... heavy lifting, which is kinda important to move furniture around.  

They did say I can golf tho, so I'm heading out in about an hour.  Have a good day and week Geeks!  :cheers: 

Update$#@!  With about 4 holes to go I realized something I was doing wrong with my swing -- basically, I was swaying too much back-to-front during my downswing, causing a low ball flight with a hook.  I had been messing with my grip and swing arc, but I'm pretty sure this was the problem now.  While my ball flight was much better for those holes, I still need to head to the range and drill it a little; regardless, I would call today an overall golfing success.  :cheers: