Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Preferred delivery pizza

What pizza joint do you typically order delivery from? Anybody out pizza the Hut? Dominos better? Genuinely curious cause it’s been forever since I’ve ordered delivery 

Just local joints.  We have a couple of national chains near by, but I refuse to use them.

Don't know if it's available in your state, but I like Toppers. Great carry out specials as well. No problem with the pizza itself, but my local Pizza Hut lost me a long time ago. Also liked Marco's, but they closed about a year ago.

https://www.toppers.com

3 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I could say the same thing about Domino's

It’s not NY style, but it’s a thousand times better than Marcos 

35 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Just local joints.  We have a couple of national chains near by, but I refuse to use them.

Same here. However, those local joints are closed on mondays and holidays. They also don’t deliver. So for delivery I have to go with other places. The best place is prob 5 minutes from my house so we go there quite often for pizza 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

What pizza joint do you typically order delivery from? Anybody out pizza the Hut? Dominos better? Genuinely curious cause it’s been forever since I’ve ordered delivery 

I go with mom n pop places..chains taste like crap.  I go pick it up.

Pizza hierarchy

1) Pappa John's - anyone who says otherwise is either lying or just an idiot. Best tasting pizza all time.

2) Mom and pop joints - most make a decent pie.

3) Pizza Hut - ain't the best, but among the big name pizza stores, it's good

4) Sbarro's - very filling at the mall or an airport. Surprised they never went big.

5) Domino's - when I was a kid, I thought they were great. Lately, it's terrible. Don't know if I changed or they did.

6) Little Ceasers - ya like eating cardboard?

7) Hungry Howies - I'd rather eat cardboard. 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Same here. However, those local joints are closed on mondays and holidays. They also don’t deliver. So for delivery I have to go with other places. The best place is prob 5 minutes from my house so we go there quite often for pizza 

Everything delivers now with door dash or ubereats

15 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Local places have the best and it’s not even close.

This is really only true IMO if you live in NJ/NY/CT/PA/DE.  There are some good places in other states but they’re not that plentiful and usually way more expensive.  A decent local place is definitely better than Domino’s, but not sure if it justifies paying 2 or 3x as much every time.

Hadn't had pizza in over a month and was in the mood today, still bored with the chain restaurants and end up just getting frozen Freschetta and Stouffers french bread. Supermarket is blocks from the house and next to it is a Little Ceasars and shows you how much I like their pizza.

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Everything delivers now with door dash or ubereats

Man I’m not about to get raped on those fees lol. Did that once and haven’t done it since 

• Like 1

I never get delivery.  I either go there and eat there or get carry out.  Local places for eating in.  Casey's gas station pizza for carry out.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Much much more likely to order from a local mom and pop then some national chain.

I like it when Djgb13's mom delivers it so I can get a blow and go at the door.

I will say that for the cost and convenience and every other factor balanced in, they've done a pretty good job of closing the gap between frozen pizza and delivery.

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I will say that for the cost and convenience and every other factor balanced in, they've done a pretty good job of closing the gap between frozen pizza and delivery.

California pizza Bbq chicken pizza is pretty damn good 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

California pizza Bbq chicken pizza is pretty damn good 

That's pantywaist pizza.

Boy, I tell you, I used to really love totino's Canadian bacon pizza. Hard to find in certain parts. But the last time I got it? I swear it's shrunk by about 35% at least.

I mean, no, it's not good pizza. But neither are Pizza rolls. Doesn't mean they don't taste good and are cheap and easy in a pinch.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Dominos is by far the best of the national chains

I agree with this.  

Like others I prefer the local joints.  One is comparably priced and better than the chains.  The other is more expensive but way better, also usually a longer wait.  

I used to really like Pizza Hut but mentioned here recently that they've gone to shiot in recent years, but most of my recent experience is at the airport which isn't fair.  Maybe I'll give them a try again.  :cheers; 

8 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Boy, I tell you, I used to really love totino's Canadian bacon pizza. Hard to find in certain parts. But the last time I got it? I swear it's shrunk by about 35% at least.

They also changed from round to square 5 or 6 years ago. Fits perfectly in my toaster oven tray. 

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I agree with this.  

Like others I prefer the local joints.  One is comparably priced and better than the chains.  The other is more expensive but way better, also usually a longer wait.  

I used to really like Pizza Hut but mentioned here recently that they've gone to shiot in recent years, but most of my recent experience is at the airport which isn't fair.  Maybe I'll give them a try again.  :cheers; 

Pizza Hut was outstanding in the 80's & early 90's and something has changed since. I think Crafstman or someone here said they changed their supplier years back.

• Like 1

You always go local.

When that isn't an option it used to be Papa John's because of the garlic sauce. But Dominos has better deals and I found a recipe to make an at home garlic sauce that is really solid.

If you go frozen pizza a darkhorse pizza is the Walmart take home pizzas. They are really good and the crust is delicious. 

I can do Domino's if I have to, and Papa John's is just flat out awful.......... Give me Pizza Hut if I have to do delivery guess. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

My wife picking up Peter Piper. Let the jokes floooooooooooooooooooow. 

She likes sucking his pickled pepper?  :banana: 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Papa John's is just flat out awful

I understand hating their commercials. I can sorta-understand hating just to be contrarian because everyone else likes them.

But take a bite of a Papa John's pizza vs any other brand pizza... it's clearly better. What's not to like? Right amount sauce, flavors, cheese, and the dough is good too...  :dunno: