Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Elijah Mitchell To Miss 6 - 8 Weeks

And Christian McCaffrey is day to day with "knee irritation." What is it with knees in San Francisco ? I could make a really good joke here but I'll take the high road. 

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Elijah Mitchell (knee) is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.

The injury was initially believed to be minor, but further testing clearly revealed a more significant issue. Christian McCaffrey is also dealing with knee irritation, but his status appears to be day-to-day. Mitchell will miss the remainder of the season and could be sidelined early in the playoffs, assuming San Francisco makes the postseason. Jordan Mason is the next man up in San Francisco. Mason, a UDFA rookie from Georgia Tech, earned five carries for 25 yards last week. 

Nov 28, 2022, 6:28 PM ET
  •  

52 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Tyrion Davis-Price was inactive in Week 12. Mason played 13 percent of the snaps. Fullback Kyle Juszczyk can be used in a pinch.

That happened before and ty davis-price got the nod the next week.  I think Jordan Mason has more special teams value so he gets the nod over TDP on game days.  I expect davis-price will get the backup duties next week.

TD Price 14 att 33 yards not so good. 

I think they both get work, and don’t they still have Mack? 

Jeez, I never even got around to activating Mitchell off of my IR in the league I picked him up on IR a few weeks ago...  but then that was the league where I have an embarrassment of riches at RB, and I can only start 2 out of Henry, Taylor, Walker, Etienne, DHarris and Gus Edwards--even without Mitchell.

Well, I COULD start 3, but it's pretty much a coin flip between SuperFlexing one of them, or Mariota/Garoppolo as a second QB.  They all score about 40 points on average in any given week in this league's run-centric scoring system.

Anyway, one less name to consider...

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Jeez, I never even got around to activating Mitchell off of my IR in the league I picked him up on IR a few weeks ago...  but then that was the league where I have an embarrassment of riches at RB, and I can only start 2 out of Henry, Taylor, Walker, Etienne, DHarris and Gus Edwards--even without Mitchell.

Well, I COULD start 3, but it's pretty much a coin flip between SuperFlexing one of them, or Mariota/Garoppolo as a second QB.  They all score about 40 points on average in any given week in this league's run-centric scoring system.

Anyway, one less name to consider...

Sounds like he wasn't a name to consider before 😁

Niners still have Coleman.  

I second the notion that Mason gives more on special teams and so TDP was inactive. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him active and working as the #2