MLCKAA

How many Diners, Drive-ins and Dives restaurants have you been to?

I’ve visited 4, hitting my 5th tomorrow when I travel to Fargo.

• Like 1

47 by last count. Most of Idaho and a few in eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Every summer I take a “Triple D” road trip and hit a few places. I’ve got a map of every location in my apartment.

One day I’m going to hit them all!

1 minute ago, t.j. booker said:

47 by last count. Most of Idaho and a few in eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Every summer I take a “Triple D” road trip and hit a few places. I’ve got a map of every location in my apartment.

Wow. I’ve been to a dozen. Very cool.  Most for me are in the south. 

7 minutes ago, t.j. booker said:

:blink:

No way.  Nobody does this.

Honestly I haven’t kept count. I’ve been to quite a few though. Especially in Texas

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Read a story last year about a retired couple that has been to EVERY Cracker Barrel in the US. Crazy. 

8 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Read a story last year about a retired couple that has been to EVERY Cracker Barrel in the US. Crazy. 

Yeah, I didn't know I was supposed to keep track.  Guilty of trying some places because it was shown on D^3, but, it's just TV fodder.  A lot of the places are mediocre at best.  No way I'd sign up to make it a goal to hit all these randos.  

10 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Chef Lou’s, Bar Gernika, Donn’s Hilltop, Rick’s Press Room, Pizzalchik, Donnie Mac’s Trailer, Jimmy’s, Capone’s Pub, John Mull’s Meats and Road Kill, Naked City Pizza, Yahoo Taco, Pine State Buscuits, Country Cat Dinnerhouse, Papa’s Soul Food, Russian River Pub …

:doublethumbsup: 

6 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Am I the only one picturing them wearing matching track suits and driving a big ass RV? 

• Haha 1

Never heard of this, had to look it up.  Been to 4 in Phoenix; one of them is my local go-to Messican place.  :thumbsup: 

White Manna in NJ and Black Duck Cafe in CT. Both great. 

I have 2 within 7 blocks of me.  Of course I have been to both several times.

My ultimate goal is to go on a national eating competition vs Casey Webb from Man vs. Food! I think I could take him and my closet would be full of sooo many new t shirts! That guy’s a real fat ass! :doublethumbsup: 

53 minutes ago, t.j. booker said:

now you are just bragging about your luxurious apartment and triple Ds.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DonS said:

Am I the only one picturing them wearing matching track suits and driving a big ass RV? 

im picturing a green Queen Family Truckster.

15 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I see 8 between MD and NC for me.  The 4 MD ones were all within about a 3 mile radius of the neighborhood I lived in in Baltimore, although I think 2 of them have either closed or moved locations.

1 hour ago, t.j. booker said:

Good for you man. Always good when you travel to have some destinations for food and to hit the local stops 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

I’ve visited 4, hitting my 5th tomorrow when I travel to Fargo.

only one......in Carmel California years ago, forget it's name but it wasn't that great.

love that show though

I think this is it....

https://www.dinersdriveinsdiveslocations.com/from-scratch-california.html

11 hours ago, t.j. booker said:

Chef Lou’s, Bar Gernika, Donn’s Hilltop, Rick’s Press Room, Pizzalchik, Donnie Mac’s Trailer, Jimmy’s, Capone’s Pub, John Mull’s Meats and Road Kill, Naked City Pizza, Yahoo Taco, Pine State Buscuits, Country Cat Dinnerhouse, Papa’s Soul Food, Russian River Pub …

:doublethumbsup: 

Did you get the chicken biscuit at Pine State?

I used to be a regular at Marini's Empanadas. I would eat there once a week for lunch at work and would go as a family at least once every other month. The owners knew me by name and even gave a small christmas gift one year.

Then 4 years ago they got featured on triple D.

All downhill after that, we have been once in the last 2 years. It is too crowded now and because they are now trying to expand into delivering frozen empanadas, etc, the food quality really went downhill.

Before that show I tried to make it a point to eat at the triple d places around here, but now i do not. I feel like the show ruined one of my favorite restaurants.

I looked at the lists for the 6 New England states. Not only have I never been to any of them, I've never heard of any of them. I guess I don't get out much. :(

32 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I used to be a regular at Marini's Empanadas. I would eat there once a week for lunch at work and would go as a family at least once every other month. The owners knew me by name and even gave a small christmas gift one year.

Then 4 years ago they got featured on triple D.

All downhill after that, we have been once in the last 2 years. It is too crowded now and because they are now trying to expand into delivering frozen empanadas, etc, the food quality really went downhill.

Before that show I tried to make it a point to eat at the triple d places around here, but now i do not. I feel like the show ruined one of my favorite restaurants.

or maybe its all a coincidence and they were always going to get rooned.

i browsed the list of restaurants and i get the impression its like 90% big cities and almost nothing out in rural areas.  I checked Ohio and its strictly Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati (with one visit to Lakewood which is also Cleveland).

Like 2.   But I don't care about celebrities or what they endorse as a general rule, so I don't make it a point to find these places or keep track if I watch the show.