Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Where is your mind at currently?

Have to put the lawn mower in the shed and get out the snowblower. I Fockin hate the cold. 

• Like 1

Got 8 inches of snow today and smell like gas from running the snow blower.  Pulled a muscle in my neck that is giving me some shoulder pains (I have a degenerative shoulder).  The little one (4) threw a fit going to bed.

But the wife made a great dinner, and we are relaxing with some G&T's.

It all evens out.

Under the covers, procrastinating getting up and going to work. 

10 hours ago, fandandy said:

Are you ok?

Oh yeah. Viral laryngitis. All 4 of us hit it one at a time.

10 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Just watched it again on Thanksgiving, I'm so over it now.

havent seen it in years.

remember what Edgar Friendly said in Demolition Man.  "I'm the enemy because I like to think".  Get rid of smart people from your life. Who cares where your mind is at.   Instead, get offended by intelligence and drown yourself in booze and rat burgers to kill the pain.  Stupidity is a virtue because the alternative is too horrible to think about.  Follow Raymond Cocteau. 

With my dad. He's going in to get a pace maker today. First time I've ever seen him the slightest bit nervous about anything. 

14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

My mind is on my money and coincidentally my money is on my mind

Teacher salary. 🤣

11 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

My daughter got accepted to her first college tonight.  It's her #3 choice, so we got that.

Congrats!  

11 hours ago, MDC said:

SD is graduating from college in 2 weeks. My whole family has been sick. Work is a drag. Just finished at the gym. Going to have a beer and watch Schitt’s Creek before bed. 😴 

And Congrats!  On the college, not the sickness which sucks.  Does she have plans for after graduation?

Also we loved Schitt's Creek.  Perfect feel good, wind down sorta show.  :cheers: 

Also I want a gold star for not saying "Mount Holyoke?" to either of these two.  :D 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Congrats!  

And Congrats!  On the college, not the sickness which sucks.  Does she have plans for after graduation?

Also we loved Schitt's Creek.  Perfect feel good, wind down sorta show.  :cheers: 

Also I want a gold star for not saying "Mount Holyoke?" to either of these two.  :D 

Thanks. She went to school for media and likes filming / video editing. She’s very talented but one of those people who may take a while to find herself, which is fine. 

Schitt’s Creek was great. I’ve seen it before - re-watching the entire run. :cheers: 

• Haha 1

Just now, MDC said:

Thanks. She went to school for media and likes filming / video editing. She’s very talented but one of those people who may take a while to find herself, which is fine. 

Schitt’s Creek was great. I’ve seen it before - re-watching the entire run. :cheers: 

Congrats to them.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

If she is in media, perhaps @Mike Honchocan teach her how to stock her office bar with scotch.  :D 

Seriously though, now is the time for her to try things and figure out what she wants to do.  Our kids have two friends trying to get into film:  one is on the scriptwriting side, the other in acting (not pron), both are in LA now working other jobs and trying to make it happen.  The actress actually did a pilot as the daughter of a famous actor that everyone here knows, but it never got picked up (or whatever the proper jargon is).  She also has a pretty high paying job doing web development or some such gig.  :cheers: 

Regarding Schitt's Creek, last year as a bonus family Christmas gift I picked up "Best Wishes, Warmest Regards" by the Levy's, an awesome coffee table book with tons of pictures, stories, and breakdowns of every episode.  If your wife is into the show it might be a good gift idea.  I've thought about rewatching it as I follow along in the book.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If she is in media, perhaps @Mike Honchocan teach her how to stock her office bar with scotch.  :D 

Seriously though, now is the time for her to try things and figure out what she wants to do.  Our kids have two friends trying to get into film:  one is on the scriptwriting side, the other in acting (not pron), both are in LA now working other jobs and trying to make it happen.  The actress actually did a pilot as the daughter of a famous actor that everyone here knows, but it never got picked up (or whatever the proper jargon is).  She also has a pretty high paying job doing web development or some such gig.  :cheers: 

Regarding Schitt's Creek, last year as a bonus family Christmas gift I picked up "Best Wishes, Warmest Regards" by the Levy's, an awesome coffee table book with tons of pictures, stories, and breakdowns of every episode.  If your wife is into the show it might be a good gift idea.  I've thought about rewatching it as I follow along in the book.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to restock. :cheers:

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

If she needs advice on everything not to do in this industry-let me know, I've made every mistake at least twice.  Congrats.

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Awesome gift suggestion, thank you! :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

If she needs advice on everything not to do in this industry-let me know, I've made every mistake at least twice.  Congrats.

I’d rather not expose my family to this forearm or anyone in it. :D 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, MDC said:

Must. Not. Make. OnlyFans. Joke. :cry:

Seriously though. Congrats. 

47 minutes ago, DonS said:

:lol: Dude. 

11 hours ago, 5-Points said:

With my dad. He's going in to get a pace maker today. First time I've ever seen him the slightest bit nervous about anything. 

Made it out of surgery and is doing well. Thanks for all of your well wishes. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

👍👍👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DonS said:

I mean, easy money

On 11/29/2022 at 9:50 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

Use to live in St. Augustine when I was a kid and love it, was small town back then.

Just picked up Natalie Merchant tix in St. Augustine for April.  Love that town.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Horseman said:

Teacher salary. 🤣

👀

3 hours ago, 5-Points said:

That's very good news. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Just picked up Natalie Merchant tix in St. Augustine for April.  Love that town.

Cool hope you have a great time and seen the amp theater on TV they built there and looks pretty nice. Yea it's a beautiful city. It was mostly beaches and swap land when I lived there in the 70's.accept for the old city.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 7:34 AM, MDC said:

Daily Wire is looking for a video editor, I thought of you.  :D  

The Daily Wire is looking for an experienced and professional Video Editor to join our Post-Production department in Nashville, TN! The Video Editor will take raw video footage from various Daily Wire production projects and use his or her editing skills, creative intuition, and application of Daily Wire editing standards to fulfill the creative vision of the Daily Wire Production leadership team. If you feel you are the right fit for this position, we look forward to hearing from you!

https://bentkey-ventures.breezy.hr/p/2692c6b265ef-video-editor

On 11/29/2022 at 10:56 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have to put the lawn mower in the shed and get out the snowblower. I Fockin hate the cold. 

I keep mine in the house.  Her parents named her Sandy.

i cant stop obsessing over the end of the world and the los angeles chargers.