Pimpadeaux

Death Pool Update - Christine McVie

2 hours ago, Bert said:

And yet that twit Lindsey Buckingham still lives.  :mad:

Maybe a twit,  but also a meticulous genius who contributed more to the greatest of their songs than the others.  That is why they put up with him.  

• Thanks 2

At least she went out with one of her shittier songs being played ad nauseum in TV commercials.

41 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Maybe a twit,  but also a meticulous genius who contributed more to the greatest of their songs than the others.  That is why they put up with him.  

Maybe.  Nicks was the talent.  Lindsey didn't do much without Fleetwood Mac/Nicks.  Nicks on the other hand had a huge solo career.

43 minutes ago, jonmx said:

They kicked him out of the band.  🤣

51 minutes ago, jonmx said:

no doubt.........but he IS labeled as "difficult"

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

They kicked him out of the band.  🤣

and it took 2 absolute rock stars to "replace" him

I love both Neil Finn & Mike Campbell......but yeah

Bummer. Glad she got one more shot to play with FM in 2013-2022 when she got over the fear of flying.

Great talent. As a big Fleetwood Mac fan, I'm quite familiar with her work and contribution. 

RIP Christie

• Like 1

That sucks.  always been a fan :(

Who would have guessed that she would be the first of the five to go?  She always seemed to be the most grounded.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bert said:

Maybe.  Nicks was the talent.  Lindsey didn't do much without Fleetwood Mac/Nicks.  Nicks on the other hand had a huge solo career.

Meh, I don't see how she's in the Hall of Fame as a solo artist over someone like Robert Plant. Lindsey didn't have big hits but is a hugely underrated guitar player.

I don't base it on record sales. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

That sucks.  always been a fan :(

Who would have guessed that she would be the first of the five to go?  She always seemed to be the most grounded.

Good observation.

Every one of them had to put their egos in check to put the band first. Christie especially. John was an ass and she was second banana to a goddess. Like you said, she was definitely the most grounded.

Somebody had to go first and dying at 79 isn't shocking. It just highlights how they've all lasted a good long time. Plenty of musicians of their era never hit 30 or 40.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Meh, I don't see how she's in the Hall of Fame as a solo artist over someone like Robert Plant. Lindsey didn't have big hits but is a hugely underrated guitar player.

I don't base it on record sales. 

Great guitar player yes.  Musical genius not so much.  Eddie Van Halen was a great guitarist and musical genius.

Lindsey is a self absorbed azzhole who thinks he is way more talented then he actually is.

I think she was underrated in terms of that band.....some of her stuff ranks among the best they put out for me. RIP, you were truly amazing.