Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

New recent games

Haven’t had much time this year for too many games but I did grab the ones that were in the conversation for best game of the year. Elden Ring was extremely good (haven’t beaten it yet). Got the game Stray and that was a surprise hit. Looking to get God of War Ragnarok as well as Callisto Protocol. Heard Callisto Protocol was banned in Japan for being too violent and gory so it’s definitely peaked my interest. GoW looks amazing and the reviews have been extremely positive. Any of you guys played the new GoW or Callisto Protocol? If I don’t buy them myself in the next week or two I’ll just see if my wife’s brother can’t just get me one for Christmas since it’s less than $100 

I'm just about finished with GoW.  Amazing game that didn't disappoint.

I pre-ordered Callisto Protocol and I have it loaded/updated and ready to go once I wrap up GoW.

Both on PS5, btw. 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

I pre-ordered Callisto Protocol and I have it loaded/updated and ready to go once I wrap up GoW.

Both on PS5, btw. 

Yea all I’ve got is a PS5 right now. Will get the Xbox later next year. I’m debating on if I want GoW or Callisto Protocol first. Both gameplays look amazing. I loved Dead Space and the creators for Callisto Protocol is the same so my question expectations are pretty high 😅

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yea all I’ve got is a PS5 right now. Will get the Xbox later next year. I’m debating on if I want GoW or Callisto Protocol first. Both gameplays look amazing. I loved Dead Space and the creators for Callisto Protocol is the same so my question expectations are pretty high 😅

Troof.  Speaking of Dead Space, there is a remake in the works. :doublethumbsup:

Edit: looks like remake is coming out end of January.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Space_(2023_video_game)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DonS said:

Troof.  Speaking of Dead Space, there is a remake in the works. :doublethumbsup:

Edit: looks like remake is coming out end of January.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Space_(2023_video_game)

Oh Sh1t I didn’t know they were remaking it. I might have to get it and replay it on the PS5. Been YEARS since ive played 1 and 2. Forgotten a lot of the story besides alien zombies in space 😅

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Both on PS5, btw. 

GoW one of the few still dedicated to slip screen coop. 👍 Bought Halo with the promise it was coming and they bailed. 👎

MIIW up next.  

35 minutes ago, Horseman said:

GoW one of the few still dedicated to slip screen coop. 👍 Bought Halo with the promise it was coming and they bailed. 👎

MIIW up next.  

Are you thinking of Gears of War rather than God of War? 

I am playing ogre tactics: reborn. Everyone here can skip it. @Saint Elistan would be the only person that has ever posted here that I would recommend it to and he hasn't been here in years.

Still playing COD. 
For some reason as of recently (2 months ago or so) I am losing feeling in my left thumb, index and FU finger so I can only play for brief periods at a time.

16 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am playing ogre tactics: reborn. Everyone here can skip it. @Saint Elistan would be the only person that has ever posted here that I would recommend it to and he hasn't been here in years.

I had Ogre Battle for my N64. One of my favorite games. My roommate and I played the crap out of that in college.

Is it similar at all?

11 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I had Ogre Battle for my N64. One of my favorite games. My roommate and I played the crap out of that in college.

Is it similar at all?

Yes, it is in the same series. They have released 5-10 of these games in Japan, however only a few have ever made it to America.

11 hours ago, DonS said:

Are you thinking of Gears of War rather than God of War? 

There can only be one GoW!  :mad:

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Lol.  True.  Digby started it though! 

11 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Still playing COD. 
For some reason as of recently (2 months ago or so) I am losing feeling in my left thumb, index and FU finger so I can only play for brief periods at a time.

Stop touching yourself. 

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Stop touching yourself. 

Mebbe you will touch me instead?  :wub:

11 hours ago, Horseman said:

Gears of War will be one of the greatest Xbox games ever. Used to get back to the apt from class and ball practice in college and play that game all day & night with my two buddies I roomed with. Man that game was hella fun 

7 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Gears of War will be one of the greatest Xbox games ever. Used to get back to the apt from class and ball practice in college and play that game all day & night with my two buddies I roomed with. Man that game was hella fun 

👍My bad for thinking GoW 5 was released more recently that it was. It was in the cue too long. Fok it was over 3 years ago.  

33 minutes ago, Horseman said:

👍My bad for thinking GoW 5 was released more recently that it was. It was in the cue too long. Fok it was over 3 years ago.  

Yep unfortunately so 😔 Wish they’d bring the next installment out cause I’ve beaten every single game in the franchise. Absolutely love it. I remember when MTV was doing a special on it and had gamers going head to head for prizes. First prize was Sh1tty cause it was just an autographed copy of the very first game. Second place was a trip to the launch with concerts and passes all throughout E3. Watched it one morning after I went to early morning running and went to shower at my exs dorm (and smash my gf at the time). Watched it that morning in her dorm room while she went to class. Good times :thumbsup: 

Started playing The Callisto Protocol yesterday...  

Atmosphere with lighting / sound design is awesome. Kill and death animations are brutally fun.  Accidentally dying can be rewarding cause you never know what it will look like. :doublethumbsup:

The melee dodge/block mechanics took a little while to get used to, but is OK once you get the hang of it. 

I thought it was a pretty bad year for new games. I am excited for Starfield, which is dropping early 23.

36 minutes ago, DonS said:

Started playing The Callisto Protocol yesterday...  

Atmosphere with lighting / sound design is awesome. Kill and death animations are brutally fun.  Accidentally dying can be rewarding cause you never know what it will look like. :doublethumbsup:

The melee dodge/block mechanics took a little while to get used to, but is OK once you get the hang of it. 

Oh yea I’m def gonna get it. Been seeing ppl on tiktok live doing a play through and like you said, the animations are amazing

Also, anyone getting that Harry Potter game that comes out in February? Normally I don’t go for games like that but it looks damn dope 

54 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Oh yea I’m def gonna get it. Been seeing ppl on tiktok live doing a play through and like you said, the animations are amazing

I accidentally walked into a big ventilation fan since I thought it was just for show as part of the cool industrial ambiance. 

It did not end well!  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DonS said:

I accidentally walked into a big ventilation fan since I thought it was just for show as part of the cool industrial ambiance. 

It did not end well!  :lol:

I like that the developers made it so detailed with things like that :lol: 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I like that the developers made it so detailed with things like that :lol: 

OSHA definitely doesn't exist in the future because there are all kinds of deadly workplace hazards with absolutely ZERO safeguards. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 11:51 AM, supermike80 said:

Far Cry 3 was like $3 on the PS store so I thought I would try it out.  It;s OK

The problem with far cry is the story is the same every game...

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

The problem with far cry is the story is the same every game...

*Preorders Call of Duty*

56 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

*Preorders Call of Duty*

I meant like its always some cult leader on a secret island...blah blah ssdd

One more comment regarding The Callisto Protocol... 

I really like how there is no map, collectibles to gather/shoot, on-screen overlay to indicate health/energy/ammo, or XP accrual. 

Makes the game much more immersive. 

Anyone playing High on Life? I believe the creatures of Rick & Morty are behind the game and I KNOW Mortys voice actor voices someone in the game. Looks fun, trippy, and strange :thumbsup:  Believe it’s only available on PC or Xbox 

I got my kid a Nintendo Switch for Christmas. Any tips? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Get a two player co-op game and play with him. RE6 maybe.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Get a two player co-op game and play with him. RE6 maybe.

👍

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Get the below game and a couple extra controllers. This game is straight out of an 80's arcade and is a blast to play with the kids.  Absolutely one of the best games of the last ~10 years. The downfall is it is short, but they priced that in. It was only a 20 dollar game when it was released.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-switch/

Heard they were releasing Baldur's Gate 3 sometime soon, Xbox had 1 & 2 on sale for $10. Been playing 1 since earlier this month when the weather went to shlt. I love those old school RPG's.

Not new but, prepping for the new one with some nostalgia.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Get the below game and a couple extra controllers. This game is straight out of an 80's arcade and is a blast to play with the kids.  Absolutely one of the best games of the last ~10 years. The downfall is it is short, but they priced that in. It was only a 20 dollar game when it was released.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-switch/

That makes me want a switch... Think my 19 year old will play with me? 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Heard they were releasing Baldur's Gate 3 sometime soon, Xbox had 1 & 2 on sale for $10. Been playing 1 since earlier this month when the weather went to shlt. I love those old school RPG's.

Not new but, prepping for the new one with some nostalgia.

I played through balders gate 1/2 and shadows of amn around ~5 years ago. That is quite the commitment in time to finish that game.

As for BG3 it is still a few years out, it is in prerelease, however I think they cap you at level 4. Where as level 5 is where you get the good spell/abilities, aka fireball.