kozmiq

Now that my Dad has passed away ...

and my Mom is deceased, as is my half Brother, the only family that is left is my half sister, her (divorced) husband and their 10 year Son .. the lawyers are splitting up the money and properties AND NOW an ?Uncle? has surfaced.  He says he's the Uncle of my deceased half Brother.  He hadn't been heard of or from in 30 years.

Now, is he entitled to anything ?

I forgot to mention my Wife and 2 children.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

no hes not entitled to sh1t

my 100% sister isn't entitled to anything of mine either

sorry about your dad

The will mentions funds and property to family members.

Just now, kozmiq said:

unless they are specified

Im not sure

honest answer, geek club knows more than anyone but I think a probate lawyer will help you

Is there a will?  If not, it will depend on the laws of the state.  I received an inheritance from an Uncle (My dad's brother)  I remember meeting once, when we visited him.  I think I was about 16 at the time.  I doubt he would have included me in his will but he had no will so the laws of the state of Maine decided who got money, and my siblings and I were part of that group. 

1 minute ago, kozmiq said:

If that's how the will worded it he used a bad attorney.  Is he in the state of Oregon by chance?

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

unless they are specified

Im not sure

honest answer, geek club knows more than anyone but I think a probate lawyer will help you

You're absolutely right.  I was just wondering what the public thought.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

If that's how the will worded it he used a bad attorney.  Is he in the state of Oregon by chance?

No, not in Oregon.  Virginia.

2 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

No, not in Oregon.  Virginia.

I don't like that wording in the will.  It's very vague.  If he's a legit blood relative not sure how they exclude him, but IANAL.   Sorry for your loss, and this just rubs more salt in the wound. 

Well, there's a lot more wording in the will.  I just wanted the jist understood.

My condolences. 

I'm not a fake lawyer but I am a fake lion tamer and a fake astronaut if you need one of those.

Good to see there is a will though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Well, there's a lot more wording in the will.  I just wanted the jist understood.

Well, the specific wording is important, not just the jist.  Does it just say "family members" or is it more specific?  That wording is what will likely decide if the uncle is entitled to anything legally.

• Like 1

I appreciate the well wishes.  Thank you for your kindness.

The issue being the division of funds and properties.  The will was 5 pages and there were Trust and other items so it wouldn't be prudent to publish the whole thing here.  But since I am the only descendant of both my Mom & Dad along with other things, the bulk of the funds and properties goes to me with me deciding how to divide the rest to the living family members.  The probate lawyer has left it to me how to divide the funds and properties.  I had it all figured out and everyone was agreeable EXCEPT now this ?Uncle? has appeared.  There's proof that he is who he says he is; I just don't know whether I should deduct some of the funds / properties from the few others and give him something.

I thought getting opinions would help me.

5 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I appreciate the well wishes.  Thank you for your kindness.

The issue being the division of funds and properties.  The will was 5 pages and there were Trust and other items so it wouldn't be prudent to publish the whole thing here.  But since I am the only descendant of both my Mom & Dad along with other things, the bulk of the funds and properties goes to me with me deciding how to divide the rest to the living family members.  The probate lawyer has left it to me how to divide the funds and properties.  I had it all figured out and everyone was agreeable EXCEPT now this ?Uncle? has appeared.  There's proof that he is who he says he is; I just don't know whether I should deduct some of the funds / properties from the few others and give him something.

I thought getting opinions would help me.

Properties? You’re definitely white and need to consider reparations. 

Sorry for your loss. 

You say he's the Uncle of your half brother? I assume he was your Dad's son. Is this a sibling of your half brother's Mother? So maybe a former BIL of your Dad's? 

If so, he isn't entitled to sh!t in my book. Tell him to fock back off to where he's been the last 30 years. 

My condolences as well

and man, that sounds shady

He isn’t entitled to anything. Sorry but I’d make sure he was nowhere around my family nor my families properties 

I haven't read above. . But here's the one thing of that line. You're not a man until your father dies. You're just not.  It's like everything changes in that one f****** moment.

• Confused 1

Thought I'd button this up, especially since several of you provided personal opinions.  To those of you, thank you.  Especially the condolences.

Everybody is now happy and we're moving on.  The ?Uncle? that I mentioned was told by an attorney that he was not entitled to anything BUT I did pay his attorney fees and he has signed off.

Additionally, I want to ask the Poster known as avoiding injuries, this:  You said I was obviously White; I am.  I will guess that you are Black.  My Family has had a Black man and his wife working for us for many years.  In addition to them receiving monies, they were provided a house to live in, free of charge.  They have both become too old to perform those duties BUT we have allowed them to continue living, rent free in that house .. and can do so until their deaths.  My question is: am I responsible for additional reparations IF that becomes a thing ?

Lastly, my Accountant and Lawyer have advised me to purchase an Automobile Dealership.  They informed me that is was the best way moving forward to invest funds.  Me = I'm not sure that I want to go into such a time consuming venture.  Any of you involved in a Dealership ?

On 12/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, Strike said:

I don't like that wording in the will.  It's very vague.  If he's a legit blood relative not sure how they exclude him, but IANAL.   Sorry for your loss, and this just rubs more salt in the wound. 

So how did this go from the will to you liking anal?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Thought I'd button this up, especially since several of you provided personal opinions.  To those of you, thank you.  Especially the condolences.

Everybody is now happy and we're moving on.  The ?Uncle? that I mentioned was told by an attorney that he was not entitled to anything BUT I did pay his attorney fees and he has signed off.

Additionally, I want to ask the Poster known as avoiding injuries, this:  You said I was obviously White; I am.  I will guess that you are Black.  My Family has had a Black man and his wife working for us for many years.  In addition to them receiving monies, they were provided a house to live in, free of charge.  They have both become too old to perform those duties BUT we have allowed them to continue living, rent free in that house .. and can do so until their deaths.  My question is: am I responsible for additional reparations IF that becomes a thing ?

Lastly, my Accountant and Lawyer have advised me to purchase an Automobile Dealership.  They informed me that is was the best way moving forward to invest funds.  Me = I'm not sure that I want to go into such a time consuming venture.  Any of you involved in a Dealership ?

That seems like an odd and random thing for an account and lawyer to tell you to buy. Seems like more people are buying online.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/12/08/car-dealerships-brace-for-bad-2023/

27 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Yeah, I can help you out with that. Send me the money and I will invest it into the proper dealership for you.

I'll PM my details to you shortly

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, I can help you out with that. Send me the money and I will invest it into the proper dealership for you.

I'll PM my details to you shortly

I received the PM and the funds are on the way; please alert me when you.'ve received the $ 250,000.00 down payment

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kozmiq said:

I received the PM and the funds are on the way; please alert me when you.'ve received the $ 250,000.00 down payment

Confirmed.  heading down to South America now to scout dealerships for you.

3 hours ago, kozmiq said:

You said I was obviously White; I am.  I will guess that you are Black. 

:lol:

Not many brothers at the Geek Club.

Peenie is our only token.

On 12/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, avoiding injuries said:

Properties? You’re definitely white and need to consider reparations. 

I replied to you in this thread.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

:lol:

Not many brothers at the Geek Club.

Peenie is our only token.

Maybe, maybe not.  I don't know sh!t .. but I think there's 3-4 AA here; maybe more.  Gotta be.

On 12/6/2022 at 8:59 AM, kozmiq said:

and my Mom is deceased, as is my half Brother, the only family that is left is my half sister, her (divorced) husband and their 10 year Son .. the lawyers are splitting up the money and properties AND NOW an ?Uncle? has surfaced.  He says he's the Uncle of my deceased half Brother.  He hadn't been heard of or from in 30 years.

Now, is he entitled to anything ?

Sorry to hear about your Family, at least you'll always have us

8 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Damn. Sorry for the misinterpretation. I thought my sarcasm was obvious. Glad it worked out for you. 
Sincerely,

White Guy

I can’t wait until my stepmother croaks because we are in for a huge payday. 

didn’t read thread. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I can’t wait until my stepmother croaks because we are in for a huge payday. 

didn’t read thread. 

Be careful, my friend Freddie said he couldn't wait til his Uncle Herman died so he and his sister could cash in his Stocks.

Trouble is, Freddie died and his Uncle Herman is still alive.  Sh1t happens.