Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

Titans GM Robinson fired

This comes as a shock, especially in the middle of the season. I'm not privy to the inside of the Titans, so if someone could explain the logic of this, I'd appreciate it. This can't be just about the AJ Brown trade.

"This can't be just about the AJ Brown trade."

Why CAN'T it??  In the offseason, AJ commented that he was the ONLY stud WR from his class who wasn't extended..  Also, the writing was on the wall before they signed ex-ATL WR J. Jones.  And, ex-LAR WR R. Woods has also been a disaster.

Seems like a case where the owners can't fire themselves, but somebody needs to be the scapegoat.  No GM makes a move like that without a blessing from the top.  I imagine that the GM was given an absolute maximum $ amount that the owners would be willing to invest for the Brown extension so his hands were probably tied to a certain extent.

4 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

This comes as a shock, especially in the middle of the season. I'm not privy to the inside of the Titans, so if someone could explain the logic of this, I'd appreciate it. This can't be just about the AJ Brown trade.

I think the AJ brown trade certainly played a role.   hes a young stud that they chose to let go.

he also signed WR over the last couple years that did not work out and let key members of the O line go.

so this wasnt exactly a great performance.

I didnt think theyd fire him over it, but at the same time I did not think he was one of the higher performing GM's in the NFL

3 hours ago, Showboat said:

Seems like a case where the owners can't fire themselves, but somebody needs to be the scapegoat.  No GM makes a move like that without a blessing from the top.  I imagine that the GM was given an absolute maximum $ amount that the owners would be willing to invest for the Brown extension so his hands were probably tied to a certain extent.

Agreed.