Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Aaron Judge, 9 years 360M

Yankees, Aaron Judge Agree To Nine-Year Deal'

The New York Yankees are re-signing reigning American League MVP Aaron Judge, reports Jon Morosi of MLB.com. It’s a nine-year, $360MM contract, tweets Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. The agreement is still pending the completion of a physical.

It’s the largest free-agent contract in MLB history, topping Bryce Harper’s previous $330MM record. The $40MM average annual value on the contract establishes a new record among position players and trails only the matching $43.33MM AAVs of Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander — both of whom are on shorter-term deals — for the largest in MLB history. Judge is represented by Page Odle of PSI Sports Management.

Unique player-6'7", 280+ pounds, would think later on he could just be a full-time DH.  I'd say it's worth it if they get 6 productive years.  

Comical. MLB is throwing around the monopoly money

These kind of signings aren’t about winning titles…………….they’re about selling tickets,  merchandise and a brand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

These kind of signings aren’t about winning titles…………….they’re about selling tickets,  merchandise and a brand. 

I said my prayers last night before I went to bed. "Please let a recession hit so badly that no one can afford to go to MLB games this summer"

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

what are the Red Sox doing ED

Boegarts gone, Devers one year left and rumors are they wont offer him market value, JD Mart gone, Vasquez gone, Eovaldi gone

but lets spend a fortune on 3 relievers

Anybody know what an agent gets these days? 5%? Gross. Damn, that's hella Jack for never swinging a bat.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

what are the Red Sox doing ED

Boegarts gone, Devers one year left and rumors are they wont offer him market value, JD Mart gone, Vasquez gone, Eovaldi gone

but lets spend a fortune on 3 relievers

Devers is gone too. They will not pay him what the market says he is worth.  Going to be a long few years. 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I said my prayers last night before I went to bed. "Please let a recession hit so badly that no one can afford to go to MLB games this summer"

You seem to really want a recession to happen

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Beats that other feller cheering for a nuclear war.

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yup. ish is too expensive. need a long deep dark one.

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

This and any team serious about winning championships it's bringing in the top pitchers that count. Anyways I'm somewhat of a Yanks fan and glad they sign him and he was fun to watch last season.

34 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yup. ish is too expensive. need a long deep dark one.

What if you lost your job immediately and couldn't find work for over a year or two?

Glad he’s back. Wouldn’t have blamed him if he left. Cashman almost made that happen.  

12 minutes ago, posty said:

What if you lost your job immediately and couldn't find work for over a year or two?

What if your aunt had balls?

10 minutes ago, posty said:

No disrespect, but it seems there's plenty of jobs available. Might not be the same type of job, but hopefully enough to at least keep paying one's bills until the economy improved.

18 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

No disrespect, but it seems there's plenty of jobs available. Might not be the same type of job, but hopefully enough to at least keep paying one's bills until the economy improved.

That will change if a recession really kicks in.  There are a lot of manufacturing and such jobs available because there is a high demand for the things being produced.  A recession will reduce the demand for those things.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Beats that other feller cheering for a nuclear war.

i dont think rusty is openly cheering for nuclear war, but i could be wrong.  wouldnt be shocked if it made him extremely happy though.

11 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Exactly. You don't let the untainted home-run champ get away from the Yankees and piss off those hardcore Yankees fans. And he turned away a bigger offer. 

7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

i dont think rusty is openly cheering for nuclear war, but i could be wrong.  wouldnt be shocked if it made him extremely happy though.

Your prediction not happening will make me and all of us very happy and make the basement-dwelling psychopath that you are reeling in your own juices.

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Your prediction not happening will make me and all of us very happy and make the basement-dwelling psychopath that you are reeling in your own juices.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/politics/us-support-ukraine-aid-russia-poll/index.html

In the latest poll, 33% of Republicans agreed with that prolonged support, compared to 61% of Democrats and 46% of independents.

republicans overwhelmingly want this war to end.  democrats are the only group that want this war to continue.  and the numbers keep falling.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/politics/us-support-ukraine-aid-russia-poll/index.html

In the latest poll, 33% of Republicans agreed with that prolonged support, compared to 61% of Democrats and 46% of independents.

republicans overwhelmingly want this war to end.  democrats are the only group that want this war to continue.  and the numbers keep falling.

Republicans are Putin boot lickers and pussi*s?

SHOCKING

Ronald Regan must be turning over in his grave at the his once grand party is now led by white nationalist and religious cultural war tards who detest education.

Poor Ronnie. 

On 12/8/2022 at 7:11 AM, listen2me 23 said:

You guys are all insane people.  It is an Aaron Judge thread.  My God.  

been saying this for years. 50% of this board is complete insane sickos that can't help themselves but sissy slap fight politics. 

53 minutes ago, edjr said:

been saying this for years. 50% of this board is complete insane sickos that can't help themselves but sissy slap fight politics. 

You started it though…

Just now, TimHauck said:

You started it though…

Never. :mad: