Sign in to follow this  
DocNiner

Mr. Irrelevant Goes Off!!

S.F. QB BROCK PURDY, last pick in this year's draft goes off against the G.O.A.T Tom Brady and the Bucs for 3TDS. 2 passing and 1 rushing. I huess.the 49ers brass are really smiling after taking a QB with the last pick even though they had Trey.Lance. Yet when the pick was made the status on Jimmy G was unknown. Being on the scout team.and going against the 9ers.defense in practice has paid off. The game doesn't seem to big for him. Yet, I know, this is only one week.and against a team that has been struggling on both sides of the ball. Still,Ā  the youngster looks promising and curious to see things next year with Lance hopefully recovered. I think Purdy.is gonna give the 49ers the answer to what they'll.do with Jimmy G. next year. I'd say he's probably gone. I'm tempering.my expectations of PURDY the restoration the season but from what I've seen of him in the first half it.sure foes look promising.

GO SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!!!!!!

True to a point but I think Purdy's in a little better system than Mike White and.has better weapons. Yeah, Saleh came from San Fran but the offensive scheme for Purdy is a little better IMO. Yeah, it's only one game but we have no choice as it's clearly Purdy the rest of the way. We'll.just have to wait and see how he performs going forward and hope it's not a game or 2 fluke or a Mike White scenario.

As a cyclone fan here in Iowa I've watched him play in most of his games kid's gonna be alright šŸ‘Ā 

I'm a Buffalo fan and I was impressed at the beating White took yet still came back. Bonus points for making Zach Wilson look like the total b1tch that he is.Ā 

Brock also has a purdy mouth.Ā  I wonder if he knows how to use it?Ā  :music_guitarred:

Ā 

He's my backup in a 2 QB league as I picked him up when it was announce Mariota was going to the bench.

People forget that Brock was projected to be a top 3 QB in the draft by McShay and others after his sophomore season. The cyclones were sh1tty in the passing game his senior season, and I suspect that they were trying to fill the shoes of Hakeem Butler, but didn't really get that production until hutchinson hit his stride late in the 2021 season. I may be biased as a Hawkeye fan, but I always thought that he was good enough to start at the NFL level or at least be a solid backup ala Foles.
Ā 

8 hours ago, rallo said:

People forget that Brock was projected to be a top 3 QB in the draft by McShay and others after his sophomore season. The cyclones were sh1tty in the passing game his senior season, and I suspect that they were trying to fill the shoes of Hakeem Butler, but didn't really get that production until hutchinson hit his stride late in the 2021 season. I may be biased as a Hawkeye fan, but I always thought that he was good enough to start at the NFL level or at least be a solid backup ala Foles.
Ā 

But he hadĀ breece hallĀ 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:34 PM, DonS said:

Brock also has a purdy mouth.Ā  I wonder if he knows how to use it?Ā  :music_guitarred:

too soon.

On 12/14/2022 at 1:50 PM, gcmmidwest said:

But he hadĀ breece hallĀ 

Yeah he had Hall (and Montgomery before him), but you still need solid pass catchers on the perimeter. Honestly it was either that or BIG12 defenses really ramped up... but I can't say that with a straight face.