Sign in to follow this  
Mr Fantasy

FTX

In an interesting twist, co-CEO Ryan Salame, the guy that donated $20M to Republicans, appears to be an actual Republican and let’s just say doesn’t really look like he fits in with the rest of the  FTX nerds (and technically his experience doesn’t either), is the one that apparently tipped off authorities.

TBD if he was just trying to save his ass or it he actually wasn’t involved in the fraud.  The movie that comes out about this is gonna be great.

AOC not happy with the timing of the arrest, although if I’m understanding correctly (maybe I’m not) she seems to be more inferring something shady on behalf of the Bahamas

But like I said, we wouldn’t have gained any new information from SBF testifying anyway, especially when you have dinosaurs asking questions like this:

14 hours ago, TimHauck said:

The ratio was more like 1:1 for SBF donations if it’s true he donated dark money to Republicans (and I think the indictments believe that to be the case).   And for FTX as a whole even based on official amounts it was only about 3:2 driven by co-CEO Ryan Salame’s donations to Republicans (his girlfriend also ran for office and was endorsed by Trump Jr).  C’mon I thought you were supposed to be the crypto expert.

I want to be sure I am following along here.  Are you suggesting that because all the politicians likely benefitted equally then there is no issue here?

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I want to be sure I am following along here.  Are you suggesting that because all the politicians likely benefitted equally then there is no issue here?

Define “issue.”  I’m saying (and have said) that because all the politicians likely benefitted equally that I highly doubt that there was some sort of conspiracy where the politicians (of either party) were in on the scam.  I believe SBF was simply donating in order to try to influence policies that would benefit his company.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Define “issue.”  I’m saying (and have said) that because all the politicians likely benefitted equally that I highly doubt that there was some sort of conspiracy where the politicians (of either party) were in on the scam.  I believe SBF was simply donating in order to try to influence policies that would benefit his company.

I am asserting that politicians are scum, and power-hungry and make decisions that benefit THEM more so than US.

Toward this end I want them ALL to be held accountable.  Right now I would settle for Democrats being held to the same standard as Republicans, but I want even more than that.  I want the DOJ to be "cleansed" and I want the media to stop playing favorites, for both sides of the aisle.  The media is no longer on OUR side, and as a result these politicians get away with too much. 

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am asserting that politicians are scum, and power-hungry and make decisions that benefit THEM more so than US.

Toward this end I want them ALL to be held accountable.  Right now I would settle for Democrats being held to the same standard as Republicans, but I want even more than that.  I want the DOJ to be "cleansed" and I want the media to stop playing favorites, for both sides of the aisle.  The media is no longer on OUR side, and as a result these politicians get away with too much. 

That’s fine, but doesn’t seem to have much  to do with FTX.

I agree with what Krystal Ball said in the video I posted in the other thread.  The politicians receiving the donations wanted the donations to keep coming.  If they knew it was a scam, it wouldn’t be hard to predict that it would likely fall apart at some point and the donations would stop.

Just now, TimHauck said:

That’s fine, but doesn’t seem to have much  to do with FTX.

I agree with what Krystal Ball said in the video I posted in the other thread.  The politicians receiving the donations wanted the donations to keep coming.  If they knew it was a scam, it wouldn’t be hard to predict that it would likely fall apart at some point and the donations would stop.

I am not sure of the direct relevance to FTX< but I hope to learn more.  I want to see if this FTX thing was some kind of "front" to funnel money to politicians. I want to know who knew what and when, though I admit we likely never will.....   I am hopeful this guy they have does not get  "Epsteined"  😬

29 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am not sure of the direct relevance to FTX< but I hope to learn more.  I want to see if this FTX thing was some kind of "front" to funnel money to politicians. I want to know who knew what and when, though I admit we likely never will.....   I am hopeful this guy they have does not get  "Epsteined"  😬

The money sent to politicians was about 0.3% of the money that FTX seems to have lost (something like $100 million out of $30 billion)

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The money sent to politicians was about 0.3% of the money that FTX seems to have lost (something like $100 million out of $30 billion)

Ahh, ok, maybe he knew what was coming and decided to try and buy some safety?  I wonder....

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Ahh, ok, maybe he knew what was coming and decided to try and buy some safety?  I wonder....

I assume SBF knew it was a house of cards.  My theory is that he was trying to get regulation that would eliminate some of his competitors so that his scam could go on longer.  But unless he was buying those competitors such that they (Binance in particular apparently) didn’t collapse themselves, it may have had the same result.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

am asserting that politicians are scum, and power-hungry and make decisions that benefit THEM more so than US.

Totally agree

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

In an interesting twist, co-CEO Ryan Salame, the guy that donated $20M to Republicans, appears to be an actual Republican and let’s just say doesn’t really look like he fits in with the rest of the  FTX nerds (and technically his experience doesn’t either), is the one that apparently tipped off authorities.

TBD if he was just trying to save his ass or it he actually wasn’t involved in the fraud.  The movie that comes out about this is gonna be great.

I was somewhat expecting some of the GC to come in and predict that Salame was going to be the hero of the story. Kudos for seemingly letting it play out

The democrats got waaaaaaay more from this hair ball than republicans.  The democrats are neck deep in this. 

Interestingly IIRC there were some crypto reporters and such that were skeptical Gary Wang was even a real person.  Apparently he is…

Brinkman plead not guilty to all charges. This could get interesting. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Defendants almost always plead not guilty, even when they're guilty as sin.  Then their lawyers negotiate a plea bargain.  You know this.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Defendants almost always plead not guilty, even when they're guilty as sin.  Then their lawyers negotiate a plea bargain.  You know this.

I said could. 

31 minutes ago, Reality said:

Enjoy.

I wonder what happened to the rest of the money they claimed was donated.  Just eyeballing it, what is that?  About 5 million tops?  Probably closer to $2M.

On 12/16/2022 at 8:01 AM, TimHauck said:

Also, lol at Kevin O’Leary

Good interview, this dude doesn't really hold back on O'Leary.

And also called out O'Leary in this segment which I thought was pretty good as well:

On 12/13/2022 at 9:30 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Biden DOJ to the rescue again. 

Nailed it

On 12/13/2022 at 11:45 AM, MDC said:

You get what you give. :dunno: 

So is he rotting in jail yet?

On 1/3/2023 at 1:49 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

On 1/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, Strike said:

That's what we call a game of Brinksmanship. :rimshot:

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

Life hack - Help Dems launder money and you’ll never go to jail.

Yup.  It’s the bat signal to the other purchasers of our elected officials and permanent Washington. Keep the cash coming and you have nothing to worry about and we all get fat. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yup.  It’s the bat signal to the other purchasers of our elected officials and permanent Washington. Keep the cash coming and you have nothing to worry about and we all get fat. 

They’ll come after you for 600 dollars in Venmo payments though. 

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

They’ll come after you for 600 dollars in Venmo payments though. 

Yup.  And these fools vote for it. They are like cockroaches asking for Raid.  

Not surprising.  

People refuse to even acknowledge Biden has been taking bribes.

They don’t care. They Fock you right to your face.  At least vote for people that will piss them off. 

Shocked it took this long.

Prosecutors told U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan in a letter that the government in the Bahamas notified it on Wednesday that authorities there did not consider the charge to be included in Bankman-Fried’s extradition. Thus, prosecutors wrote, they would not pursuit it at the trial, in keeping with U.S. treaty obligations to the Bahamas.

Focking idiots.

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Prosecutors told U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan in a letter that the government in the Bahamas notified it on Wednesday that authorities there did not consider the charge to be included in Bankman-Fried’s extradition. Thus, prosecutors wrote, they would not pursuit it at the trial, in keeping with U.S. treaty obligations to the Bahamas.

Focking idiots.

Yeah.  You think they made a mistake. Lol. Gee whiz, they agreed to not charge him with the charge that can implicate all of those politicians, that for some reason the Bahamas insisted on. What a bunch of schmucks. Eye roll. 

11 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

He will go to jail, guaranteed.

6 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

unusual whales published a similar list like a year ago, not sure why he’s saying “there’s never been one”

On 7/27/2023 at 10:32 AM, Dizkneelande said:

Weird that you didn’t post this update from the same dude