Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

QB: NYJ White over MIA Tua and DET Goff??

Per the FF Today Shot Caller Report:

Yay:  

Mike White vs DET

After getting nearly beaten to death in a loss to the Bills, White looks to be ready to roll against the surging Lions. While the Lions have made a marked improvement since their bye week, their secondary has a tough time holding up, as they’ve yielded the 6th most passing yards in the league over the last three games. The volume should be there, as the Jets have the 3rd most pass attempts since White has become the starter.

Nay:

Tua Tagovailoa @ BUF (SAT)

Two rough weeks against some of the league’s top defenses have left this Miami offense reeling. Now Tua has to hit the road against a division rival in the incredibly hostile environment of Orchard Park in December. Miami hasn’t been able to muster anything on the ground since losing two starters on the line, and the weather, and an angry Buffalo defense might be too much to overcome.

Jared Goff @ NY Jets

Goff has enjoyed a resurgent season, as the Lions have climbed out of a 1-6 start, to a team in control of their playoff destiny. Despite a stalwart offensive line, the Lions haven’t faced a defense as strong as the Jets all season. Few teams clamp down on the passing game like Gang Green as they’ve yielded less than 200 yards passing a game at home this season. The Meadowlands will be colder and more hostile than Detroit’s trip there a few weeks ago and Goff has been miserable in cold weather in his career.

Per *my* spreadsheet: it also points to starting NYJ QB.  Tua the past two @ BUF: 215/1/1; 389/1/3 INTs.  Goff vs. NYJ: 218/2/1.  Also, using Pts Scored / Allowed Rankings (total #; lower is better) White = 27, Tua = 33, and Goff = 40.

Dare I play M. White in the playoffs??  What say you?

I really like White based on matchup. 

Another tough one.  

Good luck. 

I have same delimna.  Tau or Goff?  White was already gone off waivers.  Still could pickup Purdy, Dalton, Huntly, Jones or Ryan.  I dont think I can hold my nose and start any of those.  Probably going to see what the weather is at game time in Buffalo.  If just cold and minimal snow or rain, then going with Tau.  If full on storm or blizzard shift to Goff.

35 minutes ago, Chiefs fan boy said:

I have same delimna.  Tau or Goff?  White was already gone off waivers.  Still could pickup Purdy, Dalton, Huntly, Jones or Ryan.  I dont think I can hold my nose and start any of those.  Probably going to see what the weather is at game time in Buffalo.  If just cold and minimal snow or rain, then going with Tau.  If full on storm or blizzard shift to Goff.

Jones

On 12/15/2022 at 7:49 AM, weepaws said:

I really like White based on matchup. 

Another tough one.  

Good luck. 

White is now out. Anyone else available OP? 

Yeah .. I was just going to update my posts  / inquiries accordingly.  😢

Looks like I'll roll with Tua, unless the weather in BUF differs greatly vs. NJ.

Forecasts: BUF = 12MPH winds from West with snow showers; NY = 13MPH winds from West.  I'll switch QB to Goff.  (Also: DET likely will have the ball > 30 mins, with Z. Wilson leading multiple 3-and-outs!)

I think Goff is the better pick.  

Darn it good luck.