Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Who has the "stones" to sit Saquon?

I've been looking at my roster all week, and how "down bad" Saquon has been since the 35 (!) carry game vs. HOU a month ago, and I'm going to sit him in the playoffs.  I've got a solid RB1 in D. Henry for both teams, and RB2 I. Pacheco as well.

For FLEX - I'm going to roll out ARI RB J. Conner against a DEN offense rolling out their QB2, with 3/4 of their starting WR core OUT, in my fun league.  In my money league: I'm going to hope for a typical and/or ceiling game from JAX WR 1b Zay Jones.

The G-Men's WR core is all beat up, and basically since Week 11 vs. DET (game after HOU) where DET DEF "sold out" to stop Saquon, that is what other teams are doing.  Yeah, the NYG tied WAS a couple of weeks ago.  BUT - their TDs came off of a fluke bomb 55-yard catch to Slayton (for instant field position), and then a short field after a WAS fumble.  Also, NYG OLG - all three (!) are out.  They will out a rookie 7th rounder, the extra ORG, most likely.  Not good on the road vs. a Top-5 run defense.

Am I crazy??

1 hour ago, Bills04 said:

I've been looking at my roster all week, and how "down bad" Saquon has been since the 35 (!) carry game vs. HOU a month ago, and I'm going to sit him in the playoffs.  I've got a solid RB1 in D. Henry for both teams, and RB2 I. Pacheco as well.

For FLEX - I'm going to roll out ARI RB J. Conner against a DEN offense rolling out their QB2, with 3/4 of their starting WR core OUT, in my fun league.  In my money league: I'm going to hope for a typical and/or ceiling game from JAX WR 1b Zay Jones.

The G-Men's WR core is all beat up, and basically since Week 11 vs. DET (game after HOU) where DET DEF "sold out" to stop Saquon, that is what other teams are doing.  Yeah, the NYG tied WAS a couple of weeks ago.  BUT - their TDs came off of a fluke bomb 55-yard catch to Slayton (for instant field position), and then a short field after a WAS fumble.  Also, NYG OLG - all three (!) are out.  They will out a rookie 7th rounder, the extra ORG, most likely.  Not good on the road vs. a Top-5 run defense.

Am I crazy??

This very site has Conner and Pacheco ranked over Saquon, so it would probably take more 'stones' to play him over Conner than sit him...

Good OP. 

I guess since you also have Henry you still have that big game upside, so it's easier to sit him.

I can definitely see your thinking on this, Conner is probably a little safer play than Saquon, Pacheco even too. Neither of them have the upside though.

You're trying to hit bloop singles and steal bases, sacrifice flies to get on the board. Saquon is swinging for the fences.

39 minutes ago, leemer said:

Same boat.  Trying to Decide between Barkley and Brian Robinson Jr.  Tough Call

Ppr?

Half ppr, I’m picking Barkely 

I should have started Saquon Barkley over Jonathan Taylor, after Taylor didn't do much at all vs Vikings. Injured ankle, I guess; not sure.

I am facing Brian Robinson Jr. in a close game and wish I had Saquon going; instead of Taylor 2.3 points! haha

• Like 1

"In my money league: I'm going to hope for a typical and/or ceiling game from JAX WR 1b Zay Jones."

CEILING GAME!!  😛

24 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

"In my money league: I'm going to hope for a typical and/or ceiling game from JAX WR 1b Zay Jones."

CEILING GAME!!  😛

I'll say!

Oh my soul how great was the game Z Jones had.