Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Yahoo reseeding?

Somehow, this got flipped to yes. Does anyone know how to edit the schedule on Yahoo once the playoffs have started?

we have never done it that way, so not sure what happened.

I know you can manually edit Yahoo schedules as the Commissioner, but I don't have any Commissioner rights this year, so I can't walk you through the process.  I would assume it is still among the other Commissioner tools.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I know you can manually edit Yahoo schedules as the Commissioner, but I don't have any Commissioner rights this year, so I can't walk you through the process.  I would assume it is still among the other Commissioner tools.

Yeah, I’ve been looking in there but I’m not seeing it. I’ll keep digging.

Yahoo sucks. They tie break system in leagues with divisions sucks and can not be edited. This was the first year I ran a league on yahoo I’m quite some time and I remember why I stopped. 

21 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yahoo sucks. They tie break system in leagues with divisions sucks and can not be edited. This was the first year I ran a league on yahoo I’m quite some time and I remember why I stopped. 

you are not wrong.   but for the price(free) its not bad.  if you want something better, there are better ones around, but you pay for most of them

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

but for the price(free) its not bad

Yahoo Private/Custom Prize Leagues operate with the lowest rake of any league hosting service out there.  It used to be free, but as of 2021 they began charging each owner 3% of the entry fee as a rake.  But still, 3%?  The Yahoo Public Prize leagues have a prize pool of like $150 for a 10 team, $20 league--a 25% rake!  RTSports' most popular prize league has a staggering rake of over 31%!!!  The MFL Dimes rake 20%.  You can probly find some 10-15% rakes out there, but under 10% is pretty much unheard of--except at Yahoo.

Granted, that probly only matters to owners like Axe Elf and Axe Elf pupils who win a lot--but for those of us who do, it's significant.

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

you are not wrong.   but for the price(free) its not bad.  if you want something better, there are better ones around, but you pay for most of them

ESPN > Yahoo

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

ESPN > Yahoo

ESPN is in no way better than Yahoo! And it's not even close. Of the three formats I'm involved with each year, there is Yahoo........NFL.................ESPN.

But, a friend of mine likes so that's what he uses with me as his backup commish.

14 minutes ago, Law said:

ESPN is in no way better than Yahoo! And it's not even close. Of the three formats I'm involved with each year, there is Yahoo........NFL.................ESPN.

But, a friend of mine likes so that's what he uses with me as his backup commish.

been commishing leagues for almost 25 years. ESPN is by far the best free option. There is not a single customization option that I don't have access to but wish I had. For unique or more complex leagues, MFL seems to handle those the best and that is the only reason I still have a few MFL leagues going. 

Yahoo (at least free) does not let you use total points scored as the tie breaker for a division winner. Not even an option. That alone told me all I needed to know when I used it for a new league this season. When something basic like that is not customizable, Yahoo is doing it wrong. Several years ago, I remember similar issues with basic stuff on Yahoo and it's why I stopped using them back then. 

That's fine. You do what you do. Tell me how EVERY YEAR, ESPN can't get the stupid consolation round seeding right? Nor does it reseed the championship rounds correctly, but it's "great." And tell me which is easier to find a given player and compare that player to other players in an easy layout, by whatever stat or week or average or future weeks you want. Yep. It's Yahoo and it's not close. But maybe in another 25 years, they''ll have it figured out.

As for tie-breakers (if I used divisions), well, I already have to manually re-seed on ESPN so I guess I could do that on Yahoo easy enough. I've never to though because Yahoo gets it right.

I will say, the sounds in the draft room on ESPN on very good while Yahoo is quiet so there is that.

1 hour ago, Law said:

That's fine. You do what you do. Tell me how EVERY YEAR, ESPN can't get the stupid consolation round seeding right? Nor does it reseed the championship rounds correctly, but it's "great." And tell me which is easier to find a given player and compare that player to other players in an easy layout, by whatever stat or week or average or future weeks you want. Yep. It's Yahoo and it's not close. But maybe in another 25 years, they''ll have it figured out.

we don't worry about the consolation seeding. Most leagues I run pay out 1st, 2nd, 3rd and it's always correct. As far as re-seeding, since it only comes into play for 6 team playoffs where the 6 seed beats the 3 seed, it's often not coming into play at all... but if it does, I will say my leagues are pretty relaxed about that since there are also many times when the 6 seed is a higher overall points forced team than the 3rd seed. Just the way it shakes out. 

As for the layout and comparing players, must be preference because I find it much easier to navigate by schedule, projected points, current points scored, positional ranking etc on ESPN. 

As for tie-breakers (if I used divisions), well, I Yahoo gets it right.

only, they dont

I will say, the sounds in the draft room on ESPN on very good while Yahoo is quiet so there is that.

I don't use the draft rooms for any of my leagues (though we did use it for the Geek Club Yahoo league this year because we draft the night before opening TNF game). 

ESPN and Yahoo both have their pluses and minuses....but I'm pretty sure Yahoo has always reseeded teams in the playoffs. The #1 team plays the lowest remaining team.....but I'm not 100% certain of that.