WhiteWonder

No topic on George Santos?

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so his kids saying he was inappropriate and all the videos of him groping and sniffing kids is signs of a good person, why am I not suprised

meanwhile a republican lies and end of world

2) you think its perfectly reasonable for Joe to have the investigator of the company his son is "on the board" of fired and its perfectly ok for his son to get 5 mil loan and give 10% to the big guy

are you related to Brian Stelter?

No. I read his book though. He’s OK. 

Joe Biden is not like most politicians of note when it comes to lying. He stands out in the crowd. It’s a false equivalency to claim he’s just like all the rest. He plagiarized a man’s life once and past it off as his own. He was rightfully pushed aside and called out for that one, the only time he ever was.  Shows how far we have fallen. 

The other Republicans were willing to overlook Santos’ lying, fake resume, stealing from disabled vets, campaign finance violations, and more. But now his goose is cooked. One thing they will not forgive is that he was a drag queen in Brazil. 

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The other Republicans were willing to overlook Santos’ lying, fake resume, stealing from disabled vets, campaign finance violations, and more. But now his goose is cooked. One thing they will not forgive is that he was a drag queen in Brazil. 

They gotta go! 

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Mentally ill, all is forgiven.  He'll be a hero of the left by the time this is over.

53 minutes ago, dogcows said:

This guy gets around. I saw him in Malaysian kiosk serving ice cream.

56 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Jus tryin ta feed day family

George Santos is a big issue for democrats because the state of New York is showing signs of turning red. There was a time when you were mocked for saying Pennsylvania, Michigan, or Wisconsin would ever turn red.  But it happened in 2016.  Well, now the line of defense for democrats is New York state.  And the democrats know it.  So they are trying to stem the tide by going after a republican representative from New York.  Won't work though.  Good chance to backfire, actually, because future republicans can use the George Santos situation to criticize the democrats for never going after corrupt officials on their side in the state.

• Haha 3

On 1/18/2023 at 11:44 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

He plagiarized a man’s life once and past (passed) it off as his own. 

You’d think digby would be a fan. 

(in before the “you miss digby”)

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

George Santos is a big issue for democrats because the state of New York is showing signs of turning red. There was a time when you were mocked for saying Pennsylvania, Michigan, or Wisconsin would ever turn red.  But it happened in 2016.  Well, now the line of defense for democrats is New York state.  And the democrats know it.  So they are trying to stem the tide by going after a republican representative from New York.  Won't work though.  Good chance to backfire, actually, because future republicans can use the George Santos situation to criticize the democrats for never going after corrupt officials on their side in the state.

He's more of an issue for Republicans because he's a compulsive liar, a tranny and loves teen boys.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Are we allowed to call for him to resign yet?

in before “but Biden”

Just about everyone has been calling for him to resign since before he was sworn in.  Try to keep up, Gomer.

47 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Are we allowed to call for him to resign yet?

in before “but Biden”

Now do the 5 million dollar forgiveable no internet loan that the Bidens got from a CCP controlled bank.  Which one is the bigger concern? Never mind the other millions they got from China. Soros should resign and jump off a roof. Biden should go to prison. 

36 minutes ago, Strike said:

Just about everyone has been calling for him to resign since before he was sworn in.  Try to keep up, Gomer.

Not everyone (and several did not really give an opinion).  

On 12/29/2022 at 9:55 AM, Dizkneelande said:

I don’t see what the problem is here. I think we can agree that 100% of congress people are narcissists and sociopaths chasing B level celebrity status. At 36 years of age and zero times prior, Elizabeth Warren decided she was an Indian. How is what this guy did any worse?

On 12/31/2022 at 10:50 AM, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t think they will find any criminal acts. And I don’t think he should be forced to resign. The guy told a whole crapload of lies and his district elected him anyhow. That’s on them. 

On 1/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, Voltaire said:

Santos lied his way into office and is an embarrassment to his side. Scandals like this should have been raised before the election by his primary and general election opponents, it wasn't until after. Congrats for getting away with it. Props to whoever broke the story. It'll be dealt with in the next election, people in hte district didn't know this about him when they voted. Santos has one-term-and-gone written all over him.

Meanwhile, people in the vicinity of being just as bad as him are still in office. Here's one. Watching the exact same people hyperventilating about Santos being removed from office all get in line to slurp this guy's are blowhard hypocrites: 

https://www.tiktok.com/@facts_at_theready/video/7188354313289518382?_r=1&_t=8Z4zl9jPIyo

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Not everyone (and several did not really give an opinion).  

First of all, @The Real timschochet is a bigger idiot than you are so quoting him doesn't mean sh*t.  He defends convicted pedos FFS.   As for the other two you quoted, I guess you don't get what "Just about everyone" means so let me explain it to you.  It means there may be a small number of people who don't share the opinion that the rest of the sentence is going to offer.  I didn't realize that when you said "Are we allowed to call for him to resign yet?  in before “but Biden” that it required 100% of everyone in the world to want Santos to resign.  Because otherwise you're just looking like a fool (again) since "just about everyone", both here and in the real world, has called for this guy to be removed from office.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Strike said:
1 minute ago, Strike said:

First of all, @The Real timschochet is a bigger idiot than you are so quoting him doesn't mean sh*t.  He defends convicted pedos FFS.   As for the other two you quoted, I guess you don't get what "Just about everyone" means so let me explain it to you.  It means there may be a small number of people who don't share the opinion that the rest of the sentence is going to offer.  I didn't realize that when you said "Are we allowed to call for him to resign yet?  in before “but Biden” that it required 100% of everyone in the world to want Santos to resign.  Because otherwise you're just looking like a fool (again) since "just about everyone", both here and in the real world, has called for this guy to be removed from office.

Well if the starting point is only people that have posted in this thread, not all of them even gave an opinion, and of the righties, there were like 7 of you (you, HT, Reality, craftsman, old, crackattack, Alias Detective) that said he should go.  I don't think that is sufficient evidence to start claiming that's "just about everyone."    In addition to some especially saying they thought he shouldn't, there were others such as RLLD that said things like "I don't think Republicans will make him go."  And even you said you "don't think he should be in public office," which isn't quite the same as saying he should resign now that he's in it.   

And if you're expanding to the real world, that's definitely not true of course as if that were the case for the majority of other House Republicans, he'd be gone already.

To clarify: I recognize that Santos is significantly worse than most politicians in Washington and that's a very low bar to slide under. Still, I don't want Santos kicked out of office because I despise Democrats' and their agenda intensely, far, far more than him, and I appreciate his vote/help to keep them out of power.

I think the voters of his district will fix this problem next election, hopefully in the Republican primary, because if he somehow survives a primary challenge, no independent voter will look his way, this guy is far too damaged to beat a Democrat in 2024.

And the hits keep coming. :lol:

Santos claims he was target of assassination attempt in new video

“We have already suffered an attempt on my life, an assassination attempt,” Santos said in Portuguese to the “Radio Novelo Apresenta” podcast, which shared the video with “The Rachel Maddow Show” on MSNBC.

Santos also claimed that he was the victim of a mugging in New York City in the summer of 2021. He alleged his attacker took his briefcase, shoes and watch during the incident on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight.

So after Strike’s post I wanted to look up who Miranda Devine was, to see if I should take her reporting seriously: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_Devine

Turns out, to my utter lack of surprise given the guy who linked her article, she is a hardline right wing nutcase, a bigot, a climate change denier, a homophobe, a defender of Catholic pedophiles. So no I don’t take her reporting seriously. 

Well, if AOC can almost be raped by people four blocks away I guess Santos could have been the subject of an assassination attempt. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

So after Strike’s post I wanted to look up who Miranda Devine was, to see if I should take her reporting seriously: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_Devine

Turns out, to my utter lack of surprise given the guy who linked her article, she is a hardline right wing nutcase, a bigot, a climate change denier, a homophobe, a defender of Catholic pedophiles. So no I don’t take her reporting seriously. 

She posted an e-mail from Hunter's laptop.  You can actually use your critical thinking skills to evaluate the evidence regardless of the source.  Unless you're just a dem talking point parrot.  Which you are.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

She posted an e-mail from Hunter's laptop.  You can actually use your critical thinking skills to evaluate the evidence regardless of the source.  Unless you're just a dem talking point parrot.  Which you are.

Sure she did. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Sure she did. 

Yeah, you probably still think the laptop isn't Hunter's, just like you have for the last few years.  🤣

Just now, Strike said:

Yeah, you probably still think the laptop isn't Hunter's, just like you have for the last few years.  🤣

I never doubted it was Hunters. I just don’t care about Hunter.

But-there are going to be hearings about this. They will be chaired by Jim Jordan, who is unlikely to smother any damning information as you are accusing the MSM of doing. I will watch and pay attention as no doubt you will as well. If it turns out Joe Biden is guilty of serious crimes I will support removing him from office. But for now, given your source and your past history, you’ll forgive my skepticism. 

Seems to have leveled up from the ordinary lies told by politicians to the upper tier of horseshit.  I would not want him as a colleague but i would leave it to his district to seek a recall or to push for other action.  I would not lend him the time of day and would decline any discourse with him.  I would shun him within the bounds of propriety of the House.

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, if AOC can almost be raped by people four blocks away I guess Santos could have been the subject of an assassination attempt. 

As well as Hillary too!  Anyone remember that Big Lie fiasco?  :lol:

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

As well as Hillary too!  Anyone remember that Big Lie fiasco?  :lol:

Was that when she took sniper fire as she walked across the tarmac and continued to walk as the sniper fire rained down upon her? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Was that when she took sniper fire as she walked across the tarmac and continued to walk as the sniper fire rained down upon her? 

yep.  good thing she was able to escape it!  

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Just about everyone has been calling for him to resign since before he was sworn in.

Well, not Kevin McCarthy. He gave him committee seats (clearly in exchange for his vote for Speaker).

4 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Seems to have leveled up from the ordinary lies told by politicians to the upper tier of horseshit.  I would not want him as a colleague but i would leave it to his district to seek a recall or to push for other action.  I would not lend him the time of day and would decline any discourse with him.  I would shun him within the bounds of propriety of the House.

There is no way for voters to recall members of Congress. That’s right in the Constitution. Everybody in his district wants him gone but they can’t do anything about it.

Kevin McCarthy, on the other hand, could call a vote for expulsion. If 2/3 of the House voted for him to be expelled, he would be gone.

Funny, if EVERYBODY wants him gone, why hasn’t Kevin done this yet? Maybe the same reason he gave him committee seats.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

There is no way for voters to recall members of Congress. That’s right in the Constitution. Everybody in his district wants him gone but they can’t do anything about it.

Kevin McCarthy, on the other hand, could call a vote for expulsion. If 2/3 of the House voted for him to be expelled, he would be gone.

Funny, if EVERYBODY wants him gone, why hasn’t Kevin done this yet? Maybe the same reason he gave him committee seats.

If I take your implication you believe Kevin McCarthy will not do the "right" thing as it might jeopardize his very narrow majority. The implication is the speaker is a moral coward, which in too many instances is part of the definition of a politician.  I tend to agree though if i am ascribing to you belief you do not have I apologize.  sometimes I see implications which are not really there.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Blumenthal lied about serving in Vietnam. You could add up every lie Santos has told, throw in all of Gutterboys lies and they wouldn’t add up to that. So you can quit your crying unless you can produce a post about Blumenthal when that came to light. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Blumenthal lied about serving in Vietnam. You could add up every lie Santos has told, throw in all of Gutterboys lies and it wouldn’t add up to that. So you can quit your crying unless you can produce a post about Blumenthal when that came to light. 

So we are constrained by past mistakes?  We cannot begin to correct matters with the issue which confronts us today and have that be the new precedent?  That seems restrictive of growth.

17 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So we are constrained by past mistakes?  We cannot begin to correct matters with the issue which confronts us today and have that be the new precedent?  That seems restrictive of growth.

My point is there was no outrage about a more egregious offense .  So the ones that climbed up on their high horse about Santos can come down now.  Now, when I say Santos is garbage and should resign it means something. But Not from the leftist shitbags. 

43 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Removed from committees. 

Until things settle down.  WTF does that mean.

11 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Until things settle down.  WTF does that mean.

Until they boot him after the ethics probe.