WhiteWonder

No topic on George Santos?

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Until they boot him after the ethics probe. 

Should have just said that, huh.

Understatement of the year so far.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Understatement of the year so far.

I wouldn’t worry. The republicans will do the right thing. He’s already gone, just have to go through the motions. If only the democrats rooted out their problem children. 

Man, this guy sure got around before being elected.  Now he's a Broadway musical producer:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-02-03/george-santos-produced-broadway-s-spider-man-musical-at-least-he-claims-he-did

And he couldn't even do that right.  If you're gonna lie about being a musical producer, at least pick a successful one. 

Amish farmer alleges George Santos wrote him bad check in exchange for puppies

A little more than five years ago, an Amish dairy farmer in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, welcomed a nervous, fidgeting man onto his property to discuss the sale of puppies that the farmer breeds as a side business.

“He says, ‘We are going to take that puppy and that puppy,’” said the farmer, who spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity. “And his assistant grabs the two puppies, takes them out the door, and he pulls out a check. I was like, ‘Oh no, is this guy going to pay me with a check?’ I was very suspicious.”

His instinct was right. The check bounced. The name on it: George Santos, better known today as a recently elected and increasingly scandal-plagued Republican congressman from New York.

Not long after his interaction with the Amish farmer, Santos was charged with theft in Pennsylvania after several bad checks were written in his name to dog breeders in the region, according to a former lawyer friend who helped him navigate the case. The case was confirmed as “theft by deception” by the York County District Attorney’s Office, which told CNN it was later dismissed.

The charges centered on a series of nine checks totaling more than $15,000 that went to the dog breeders, according to Tiffany Bogosian, a childhood friend of Santos and personal-injury lawyer who said she assisted Santos in February 2020 after he was served with an extradition warrant.

Days after the exchange, Santos participated in an adoption event at a pet supply store in Staten Island, New York, according to the business’ former owner, Daniel Avissato.

I hope that the adoption event means the puppies ended up in good homes, story doesn't say.  Where's the investigative journalism on the puppies!!!!   :(

The problem with Santos is he told all his outrageous lies in a short period of time. He should have spread them out more, like Biden. 

I just saw his tweet where he said he just won the MVP for the Super Bowl.  Nice job, George. 

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Interesting development here. Has there ever been a bigger sociopath in Congress?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-santos-masterminded-2017-atm-224920274.html

Not saying it's not true, and it wouldn't surprise me if it were, but why should I believe a deported felon who had the opportunity to rat on Santos to help with his own case but chose not to and is coming out of the woodwork now?  I'm always suspicious when people come out of the woodwork years later to rat on someone. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

Was Biden ever in Congress? Bada bing

The senate is part of congress. So yes. 

He just announced that he's going to defend himself as he just graduated first in Harvard law school class.

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

He just announced that he's going to defend himself as he just graduated first in Harvard law school class.

Might have to recuse himself from judging the case. 

I am impressed with the speed that this situation was handled.  Unfortunately for this clown, his last name is not Biden.

14 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

His list of accomplishments is quite impressive and eclectic.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Perfect timing. 😂😂

This is sadly likely all legal and part of being related to someone in power. Link

If anything illegal was done hang them but I’ll go out on a limb and say this is biz as usual.

George Santos charged in federal probe

Rep. George Santos, who is charged with fraudulently applying for Covid-related unemployment benefits, is a co-sponsor of a bill that would help states recoup fraudulent Covid unemployment insurance benefits.  

Asked at a news conference whether the Santos indictment — which claims Santos received unemployment benefits during the pandemic while he actually had a job — undermines the GOP messaging on the issue, House Majority Leader Steve Scalise demurred.

“They're serious charges. He's gonna have to go through the legal process, but we're gonna continue to work to root out fraud and there's lots of it,” Scalise told reporters.

While he was running for Congress, Santos also publicly opposed pandemic-related unemployment benefits.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is standing by Rep. George Santos this morning, not calling on him to resign even after being informed of the 13-count indictment against the New York Republican. 

After being informed of the money laundering and wire fraud charges, McCarthy told CNN that "it always concerns me."

"He will go through his time in trial, and let's find out how the outcome is," McCarthy said when pressed by reporters on if it is time for Santos to resign.

Too funny. 

16 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Santos has to be some sort of sociopath coupled with delusion. 

Otherwise known as "Republican" these days.....

• Haha 1

George Santos announces he won’t seek reelection following damning Ethics Committee report

Republican Rep. George Santos announced he will not seek reelection to the House next year, following the Ethics Committee’s release of its long-awaited report on Thursday, concluding that there is “substantial evidence” that the New York congressman used campaign funds for personal purposes.

The report said Santos engaged in “knowing and willful violations” with regard to financial disclosure statements filed with the House, and “knowingly caused his campaign committee to file false or incomplete reports with the Federal Election Commission.”

A statement from the committee accompanying the report said the panel unanimously voted to adopt the report. The committee said it uncovered additional “uncharged and unlawful conduct” by Santos that go beyond the criminal allegations already pending against him, and would immediately refer these allegations to the Justice Department for further investigation.

Santos announced in a statement that he will not seek reelection following the release of the ethics report, though he remained defiant in the face of the allegations against him and denounced the investigation, calling it a “biased report.”

“It is a disgusting politicized smear that shows the depths of how low our federal government has sunk. Everyone who participated in this grave miscarriage of Justice should all be ashamed of themselves,” Santos wrote of the report in a post on X. He went on to say, “I will however NOT be seeking re-election for a second term in 2024 as my family deserves better than to be under the gun from the press all the time.”

First ethical thing he's done...

49 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

First ethical thing he's done...

Yeah cept the problem is I don't believe anything he's saying.  Not a word.  He probably just said this to get the pressure off.

Expelled from congress for ethics violations. 

Wonder how many members needed the word "ethics" explained to them? 

24 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Expelled from congress for ethics violations. 

Wonder how many members needed the word "ethics" explained to them? 

Good riddance. Glad to see Congress do something useful for a change. 

11 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Kudos to the adults in the room for evicting this cretin.  You would never see the Democrat Party do this.  

Exactly 

Republican's handled their business. :thumbsup:

Time for the Democrats to step up. Don't hold your breath.

Is the guy who tried to steal the 2020 election by bullying states to “find” votes and who hatched a plan to send fake electors one of the many?

Why yes, yes he is.

Good stuff.