Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Who most overperformed their draft position?

I’ll go:

QB-Fields

RB-Pollard

WR-Kirk

TE-Engram

Doesn’t feel like there were quite as many “Where did he come from?” performances this year though.

In my main league it went QB- Tua

RB- Pacheco 

WR- Garett Wilson

TE- Hockenson (went late rd 10)

Qb mr ff mvp Geno Smith.  

Rb. J Williams with 14 rush tds, and R Stevenson. 

Wr.  T Lockett, with Geno at Qb the adp of both him and Metcalf kept dropping, i think Lockett being in the top ten half ppr is a shocker.  

Te. J Johnson of the Saints, I still can’t believe he’s on two of my teams.   

Tons of QBs, highlighting why you should wait. Including Hurts (routinely a 6th-8th rounder), Fields, Geno, Lawrence, Cousins, Goff

RB - Jacobs to a degree, Walker, Jamaal Williams (although hopefully most owners saw swift injuries coming), I guess you can add guys like Pacheco, Knight, White if you just want to talk about we one half of the season. 

WR - Wilson, Lockett, Cooper…. St Brown and Kirk to a degree

TE - Engram, Friermuth, Johnson 

I think Jacobs is a very good one to have on the list.  

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Jacobs is a very good one to have on the list.  

Not sure on Jacobs.  Doubt anyone had him as the #1 RB but he was a low RB1/high RB2.  In the league I drafted him, think I got him in the 4th.

39 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Not sure on Jacobs.  Doubt anyone had him as the #1 RB but he was a low RB1/high RB2.  In the league I drafted him, think I got him in the 4th.

I think the point wonder was making is no one saw him being the number one rb in ff.  

So he wasn’t a double digit round pick, or not even drafted at all, but he did come out of nowhere and now is the top rb in ff. 

Kirk is a good one at wide receiver...was WR #40 and is a top 10 WR as of right now. I told people he would be good but I was ignored.

Does Geno Smith count at QB? He wasn't drafted in most leagues and is #7 on the year. 

Josh Jacobs and Stevenson have cases at RB as well.

For players I drafted - NYG RB S. Barkley is currently the RB6 (he went late 2nd round), and JAX TE E. Engram is also the TE6, who likely was drafted after Rd 10, if at all, in most leagues.

3 hours ago, makindollaz said:

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think the point wonder was making is no one saw him being the number one rb in ff.  

So he wasn’t a double digit round pick, or not even drafted at all, but he did come out of nowhere and now is the top rb in ff. 

basically this. Not even so much that he is the #1 in FF but as a 4th rounder, He was not being drafted as a low end RB1/high RB2. It depends on the league and format but Jacobs was more on the low end RB2 in most of my drafts. late 4th/early 5th. 

I think when you're expectations are on the lower side in you're a 4th/5th rounder performing as a 1st rounder, you qualify. 

It's the same reason St. Brown is on this list for me. He was a late 4th/early 5th who is performing as a true WR1 with a 2nd round value. 

latavious murray

2 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Not named so far, but in non-PPR, Taysom Hill deserves a mention as the number 2 scoring TE.

I disagree.  He was so inconsistent.  I think useful/startable/acceptable points in however many games out of 17 is what should matter, not total points scored. 

Taysom Hill's fantasy points each week (in my league)

15, 1, 9, 41, 4, 9, 10, 0, 0, 7, 3, 13, 15.

That's over the first 15 weeks of the season.

So that's 8/15 good games, and 1/15 great games.  6/15 games hurt your chances to win that week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I disagree.  He was so inconsistent.  I think useful/startable/acceptable points in however many games out of 17 is what should matter, not total points scored.

That's the issue with TEs, though. What do you consider useful/startable/acceptable?

Pulling a number out of my ass: let's say 10 points (specifically non-PPR). Hill's done that 4 times this year. Andrews? 4. Hockenson? 2. Kittle? 3. Engram? 3 including tonight. Outside of Kelce, all TEs have been inconsistent as all fock this year.

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

That's the issue with TEs, though. What do you consider useful/startable/acceptable?

Pulling a number out of my ass: let's say 10 points (specifically non-PPR). Hill's done that 4 times this year. Andrews? 4. Hockenson? 2. Kittle? 3. Engram? 3 including tonight. Outside of Kelce, all TEs have been inconsistent as all fock this year.

I'm in a start 2 TE league and I have Mark Andrews and TJ Hockenson.

TJ Hockenson: 7, 5, 10, 42, 1, 8, 11, 16, 11, 8, 15, 7, 11, 8.   3/15 bad games

Mark Andrews: 10, 28, 28, 3, 22, 26, 0, 6, 12, 11, 9, 3, 6.   3/15 bad games

Maybe Hill isn't so bad although I'd rather have Hockenson and Andrews, but it's not as wide a margin as I thought.

I'd say 7 points in a game in ppr by a TE this year is accetable.

42 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'm in a start 2 TE league and I have Mark Andrews and TJ Hockenson.

TJ Hockenson: 7, 5, 10, 42, 1, 8, 11, 16, 11, 8, 15, 7, 11, 8.   3/15 bad games

Mark Andrews: 10, 28, 28, 3, 22, 26, 0, 6, 12, 11, 9, 3, 6.   3/15 bad games

Maybe Hill isn't so bad although I'd rather have Hockenson and Andrews, but it's not as wide a margin as I thought.

I'd say 7 points in a game in ppr by a TE this year is accetable.

Yeah, PPR is different, Hill doesn't catch many passes. Non-PPR, there's way more volatility and Hill's no more inconsistent than almost any other TE.

• Thanks 1