Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Weather Affecting your Start/Sits?

Weather looks like it is going to be a major issue around the league this weekend with temperature brutally cold, strong gusty winds, rain, and snow peppering games all over the map.

In my one money league I had the first place bye but in those two weeks I- lost Kyler Murray, lost Dameon Pierce, lost Jonathan Taylor, and lost Tyler Lockett.

That means I'm looking to start 2 WR, 2 RB, and a Flex from among a group of: Leonard Fournette, Kenneth Walker, Mike Williams, DJ Moore, Marquise Goodwin. Zach Moss, and Garrett Wilson.

I was going to run Williams and Moore in my WR, Fournette and Walker in my RB and then Garrett WIlson in my FLEX. However, they are calling for rain all throughout the Jets game tonight and 20 mile an hour wind gusts.

So I'm stuck on a back and forth here: Do I still roll with Wilson? Do I flex in Goodwin or like a Chuba Hubbard maybe? 

How are you treating weather issues in this playoff round?

Seems that weather condition(s) start/sit decisions will be unpredictable & unavoidable for nearly every fantasy manager this week. Your opponent may have similar predicaments.  Unless you have really good other options or unless you can foresee the ‘worst’ weather games this week (and then adjust), it may wise to keep your best players in place.

RB: I like Fournette & Walker..would not switch to Moss or Hubbard.

WR: MWilliams & Goodwin <—who should be fine with Lockett out, esp vs. KC.

Flex: either Chubba or DJMoore. What you said about weather - plus the Jets qb. Wilson feels like an OK sit this week.

At a minimum: I'm changing my KCR from LVR (@ PIT, in 19MPH winds) to LAC (@ IND, in a dome), and TB (@ ARI).  I'll evaluate weather for the other positions later Thursday.

Yes tonights game may be pretty bad. I hate to sit Kirk and Zay (2 diff leagues) but im looking at other alternatives. Jets Def is not ideal either. Leaning toward goodwin vs KC, shld be some scoring juice in that game

9 minutes ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Yes tonights game may be pretty bad. I hate to sit Kirk and Zay (2 diff leagues) but im looking at other alternatives. Jets Def is not ideal either. Leaning toward goodwin vs KC, shld be some scoring juice in that game

Vegas has the O/U at 49 for that Seahawks-Chiefs game and I think the Hawks are going to be chasing points there. That feels like a smash spot for Goodwin....and I already have Walker rolling in that game. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Vegas has the O/U at 49 for that Seahawks-Chiefs game and I think the Hawks are going to be chasing points there. That feels like a smash spot for Goodwin....and I already have Walker rolling in that game. 

Yep love that line. I really want shares in this game. Starting Goodwin in 1 for sure and have to talk to my partner but slight chance i roll him out both leagues as a plug and play. KC matchup doesnt get much better. I hate being too cute with moves but sometimes u gotta be stingy. Weather and matchup is king at this stage of the game. Walker shld eat well there too

Update: Quite a few games have winds "up to 15MPH," which is where it starts to get dicey.  The only one where I think weather could be a factor is in BAL, which is forecasting up to 40MPH gusts.  But, neither BAL nor ATL throws much, anyway.  Caveat: I researched weather for MY QBs, WRs and TEs.

That is good, for my LVR KCR.  I'll now stick with him - PIT is cloudy, with 10 to 15MPH wind.

This weather is really affecting my decision making...Wilson probably has a higher ceiling than Goodwin but man the rain and wind are bothering me for some reason. 

Haven't checked into the Saturday and Sunday games yet. For tonight I have Garrett Wilson & Christian Kirk. 

Just checked the radar. Light rain in New York right now, but there's a big area of stronger thunderstorms heading their way from the southwest. If those hold together, I wouldn't be surprised if the game was delayed because of lightning. 

https://www.iweathernet.com/lightning/latest-lightning-strikes-on-google-maps

• Thanks 1

Gametime temps are warm, near 50, winds should be steady 10-15.  But it looks like a steady rain all game, even green to yellow during the game.

I just saw Fat Andy said Hardman is likely Out, with Lockett out, ....any thoughts on Zay tonight ?

Goodwin is also available in Locketts place vs KC, no rain just cold (albeit he's questionable)

Thoughts on Zay - G. Wilson - Kirk depend on how heavy it's raining @ gametime. Diontae has been much better with Trubisky in the last 2 weeks. 82 & 98 yds. The last time he was close to those totals was week 3 with 84. 

Did he come alive because of the qb change, or something else ? Pickett is back this week. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Thoughts on Zay - G. Wilson - Kirk depend on how heavy it's raining @ gametime. Diontae has been much better with Trubisky in the last 2 weeks. 82 & 98 yds. The last time he was close to those totals was week 3 with 84. 

Did he come alive because of the qb change, or something else ? Pickett is back this week. 

Yes, Pickett is back this week

Its not raining during pregame warmups, to even further mess with us 

• Thanks 1

Currently am sitting Kirk and Zay (diff leagues). Goodwin in 1 league and either Goodwin/Pittman in other league will replace them.  Weather is obvi a factor but not as much as what the Jets defense has done this season. 

1 hour ago, plasma george said:

Yes, Pickett is back this week

Its not raining during pregame warmups, to even further mess with us 

It looks like it is raining now at the game. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm leaning towards....start your studs. I'd hate to lose with points sitting on the bench from a top 20 receiver. 

I'm doing the same, but I'm also obsessing over the latest radar. OCD is a ***CH.  Press play middle screen right.

https://www.weatherbug.com/maps/?layerId=Radar.Future&amp;center=40.748,-73.9862,7

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

I'm doing the same, but I'm also obsessing over the latest radar. OCD is a . Press play middle screen right.

https://www.weatherbug.com/maps/?layerId=Radar.Future&amp;center=40.748,-73.9862,7

Looks like about 30 minutes before heavier rain hits. Then some heavy stuff for like an hour...hopefully part of that hour is the halftime stuff. Then another break.

So hopefully Wilson gets his touchdown early. Maybe Wilson gets a handoff for a touchdown. 

• Thanks 1

I've decided to follow the first commandment of fantasy football. Play your studs. For me that's Christian Kirk & Garrett Wilson

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So hopefully Wilson gets his touchdown early. Maybe Wilson gets a handoff for a touchdown. 

That would be fine by me!

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

I've decided to follow the first commandment of fantasy football. Play your studs. For me that's Christian Kirk & Garrett Wilson

I'm hoping for some short routes...Lots of volume even if it's low yards...Wilson is projected for 11.32 in my league...8 catches for 60 gets me 10 points. 

8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

With all the weather debating it was more the terribleness of Zach Wilson creeping up again that hurt Garrett Wilson

Ain't that the truth.