Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Sunday Ticket Headed to YouTube

Dumb I've been getting it for free in direct for a few years

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Red Zone pretty much made Sunday Ticket obsolete.

I have both and never watch Red Zone

For us with large Theater screens you can’t beat putting 4 games on screen at one time with ST

2 smaller TVs for the local network games, 6 NFL games in your face, take my money 

Just now, plasma george said:

I have both and never watch Red Zone

For us with large Theater screens you can’t beat putting 4 games on screen at one time with ST

2 smaller TVs for the local network games, 6 NFL games in your face, take my money 

You can only watch one game at a time anyway, and Red Zone just lets you watch whichever one is the most interesting at the moment--and you don't have to watch it on a quarter screen.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You can only watch one game at a time anyway, and Red Zone just lets you watch whichever one is the most interesting at the moment--and you don't have to watch it on a quarter screen.

Not really, 4 games are on the screen, like at a bar with 4 games in front of you, for me they're about 50-60" screen images.  You can rotate the audio if a game is close to scoring.

We choose which games we want, RedZone chooses the game for you, it may have no FF relevance to us in the room, and they waste our time showing FGs, we dropped kickers years ago.

I only care about watching Tampa's games.  Every other game, I'm fine with RedZone.  If I can pay like $10 or $15 per game, just to watch the 14 or so games that Tampa isn't on National TV, that would be great... but I'm not spending something like $65 a month for 5 months to watch them.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Red Zone pretty much made Sunday Ticket obsolete.

well, Youtube is betting 2B that you are wrong on that.  Thats a lot of dough.

2 hours ago, plasma george said:

Not really, 4 games are on the screen, like at a bar with 4 games in front of you, for me they're about 50-60" screen images.  You can rotate the audio if a game is close to scoring.

We choose which games we want, RedZone chooses the game for you, it may have no FF relevance to us in the room, and they waste our time showing FGs, we dropped kickers years ago.

That's sort of my point, YOU have to choose the game to attend to.  YOU have to rotate the audio to hear what you want to hear.  Red Zone does it all for you, and you never miss a play of any fantasy importance, nor of any game importance (and FGs are important to the outcomes of NFL games, even if your league doesn't use them).  And I AM axually interested in the outcomes of the games, not just how well my forty fantasy players are doing.

I was born in Kansas and first became aware of football when the Chiefs were dominant the first time--and then I suffered through 50 years before they became dominant again--so I'm as big of a Chiefs' fan/homer as there is, but even I don't care to watch every single 3 yard dumpoff Mahomes completes--when I also have Derrick Henry tearing up the Jags.  I trust Red Zone to show me when something of interest happens, and they never disappoint.  If you miss something live, they will immediately "Rewind" it so you see it within seconds, but they will often do just what you suggest and double-box, triple-box, or even octo-box the screen if necessary to bring you simultaneous live dramatic moments--something I wish they would stop doing, axually--I'd rather see the full-screen play ten seconds later.

And if your screen is big enough to have 4 60" images in front of you at once (not to mention your two auxiliary local TVs), then you're not speaking for the normal football fan, who makes do with one 65 incher or less.  I have 65 inches (you heard me) and like I said, I don't even like it when Red Zone double-boxes in two games.  Show me one first, and then the other--full size, with my full attention and audio.

And Red Zone is an excellent director of my attention.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, Youtube is betting 2B that you are wrong on that.  Thats a lot of dough.

YouTube is about to learn what fantasy football players have learned over the past 20 years...

...never get involved in a land war in Asia...

...never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line...

...and never go in against Axe Elf in fantasy football.

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

YouTube is about to learn what fantasy football players have learned over the past 20 years...

...never get involved in a land war in Asia...

...never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line...

...and never go in against Axe Elf in fantasy football.

its a cool quote Axe but this has nothing to do with the profitability of Youtube with sunday ticket as a streaming feature.

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That's sort of my point, YOU have to choose the game to attend to.  YOU have to rotate the audio to hear what you want to hear.  Red Zone does it all for you, and you never miss a play of any fantasy importance, nor of any game importance (and FGs are important to the outcomes of NFL games, even if your league doesn't use them).  And I AM axually interested in the outcomes of the games, not just how well my forty fantasy players are doing.

And if your screen is big enough to have 4 60" images in front of you at once (not to mention your two auxiliary local TVs), then you're not speaking for the normal football fan, who makes do with one 65 incher or less.  I have 65 inches (you heard me) and like I said, I don't even like it when Red Zone double-boxes in two games.  Show me one first, and then the other--full size, with my full attention and audio.

I get what you're saying, Big reason for going Projection/120" screen was when DirecTV started the GameMix channel. It's heaven, 3-5 leaguemates come here because of it.  RedZone only shows you 1 game, and who's closes to score, at that time you're not seeing any other games.  Impossible when there's many 1:00 games.  GameMix, you see the Drives progressing, so you're wrong in RedZone showing you more fantasy importance, that's exactly what GameMix shows you. IE, I can see if Kamara is getting passes and runs, when Gamemix is sitting on the Patriots/Jets because they're at the 15 yard line.

We have Redzone on FIOS and DirecTV has their own RedZone channel, we never put it on in the Theater, I do when I'm in the Kitchen making food, haha.

On 12/22/2022 at 8:34 AM, cmh6476 said:

Dumb I've been getting it for free in direct for a few years

19 hours ago, plasma george said:

I was a pioneer with DTV around 95 or so... had to fight my HOA to get it.  There was a time when ST was very reasonable.  As price started to climb, I would play the annual game of calling in August to negotiate.  The change to AT&T was horrid.  They would not honor their negotiation and this would require multiple f/u calls to customer service to reconcile their errors.  3-4 seasons ago i was done with that and sampled the streaming platforms and liked YTTV. 

@plasma george  I also prefer ... what do they call it? game mix? ... but find redzone good enough

9 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I was a pioneer with DTV around 95 or so... had to fight my HOA to get it.  There was a time when ST was very reasonable.  As price started to climb, I would play the annual game of calling in August to negotiate.  The change to AT&T was horrid.  They would not honor their negotiation and this would require multiple f/u calls to customer service to reconcile their errors.  3-4 seasons ago i was done with that and sampled the streaming platforms and liked YTTV. 

@plasma george  I also prefer ... what do they call it? game mix? ... but find redzone good enough

Yup, GameMix Channel is the #1 TV channel man has ever invented 

• Like 1