Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

TNF Discussion: Jaguars at Jets - Wk16

Inactives

Jaguars: WR Kendric Pryor, OT Cam Robinson, DL Folorunso Fatukasi, LB Travon Walker, LB De'Shaan Dixon, CB Montaric Brown, CB Gregory Junior

Jets: QB Mike White, RB James Robinson, WR Denzel Mims, WR Jeff Smith, TE Jeremy Ruckert, CB Brandin Echols, S Lamarcus Joyner

How bad is the weather? Would you go Bam Knight or G Wilson for the Jets in PPR?

Wilson. 

20 minutes ago, Law said:

How bad is the weather? Would you go Bam Knight or G Wilson for the Jets in PPR?

looks like the first half won't be too bad. Second half, though looks like a soakfest... 

This should be a fun one.  Two teams I rarely watch.  Upstart Jets team with a great defense missing the QB to make it all work against an improving team that appears to be overcoming dysfunction with the supposed generational talent.  

This is a weird game.

1. Zach Wilson coming back to start.  He's not good, but he should be on his A-game tonight given that he got humbled.  If he is going to have any kind of career, he needs to respond positively to that experience.
  2. Jags have been bad on the road most of the year.  Except they put up a good showing in Tennessee two weeks ago.
  3. Trevor Lawrence has been nothing short of sensational the last few weeks.  Now he has a tough task in front of him... Absorb all that praise he's been getting after beating the Cowboys and still bring the same motivation and intensity that's been fueling his performance the last few weeks.
  4. Jets have a perpetual chip on their shoulder, and their fighting for a playoff spot (as is Jacksonville).  Let's assume they assume the identity of their leaders.  That means they'll embrace the challenge.
  5. Jags suspect o-line against very good defensive line.

I think the Jets should be lined up to bring their A+ game tonight, but the Jags should have their B+ game.  In my eyes, it all comes down to Zach Wilson.  He's an absolute wild card in terms of what he can do.  If he has any game at all the Jets should win this.  I'm just not convinced he's very good.

I guess, Jets should win, but they'll need Trevor Lawrence to come back down to earth and probably overcome some Zach Wilson mistakes.  Total crap shoot.

Interesting design to that little play for the big gain to Engram.  RPO with the TE coming across the formation to find himself completely open in the flat.

Wow.  2nd and 6 on the +40 or so, and nice move by Marvin Jones to create a little space, and just can't bring it in.

4th time I've seen a Jag have trouble handling the ball.

1. Engram bobbled the catch on that big gain, but since no one was around it didn't matter.
  2. Marvin Jones can't make the long catch after getting both hands on it.
  3. Etienne randomly bobbles the ball during a run, but re-secured it
  4. Finally, Kirk bobbles the handoff on a jet sweep.

I guess 5 if you count Lawrence's fumble, but I didn't see it.

I guess the Jags are struggling with the chilly weather even though it's only 44 degrees.

Zonovan White just bear-hugged a rushing safety on that 1st and 10 screen.  Surprised he didn't get a call.

And the boo-birds come out as Zach throws the ball at the receiver's feet (on purpose)

Etienne looks like he picked up a stinger with about 4 minutes left in the 1st.  I suspect he'll be back.

Lineman fighting to see who'd get the reception on that deflection on the great play by Quinnen Williams.  They knocked it away from each other... haha.

Etienne back and got absolutely wrecked on the sweep.

Well blocked for the most part though.  Probably why the hit was so big.  Safety snuck in around a blocker.  I doubt Etienne even saw him.

Trevor might have to go into concussion protocol after that hit he took on the run to end the 1st quarter.  He looked like he was shaking out his neck or something.

After the 1st quarter, Jags just look like the better team.  Jets look anemic on offense.  Their only real play was off an uncalled OPI where Elijah Moore picked a defender to free up Conklin.

1 hour ago, Law said:

Sooooo, the answer seems to have been neither. #solid

If Lawrence starts using his legs, he'll unlock a whole new level of fantasy relevance.  3 rushes for 25 yards so far.

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Jets defense has Etienne on their fantasy teams.

Shoot.  I don't know about that.  They've been laying lumber on his ass.  Maybe just the d-line has him.

If the Jags O-line loses Scherff, that could be a big deal to a team that's already down Cam Robinson.

I wish Etienne could have got that touchdown, he and Engram did most of the work on that drive.

At least they gave Etienne two chances.  I don't watch the Jags often, but one take away I have is Etienne isn't that great getting skinny through a hole.  

Garrett Wilson hobbles off.  No trainer looking at him though.  Looks like a cramp or something.

I guess the Jets didn't bring their A+ game tonight.  That's not a good sign that they're making so many procedural mistakes in a game they need to put themselves in position for the playoffs.

Zach Wilson reminds me of the oldest son on that old show Home Improvement starring Tim Allen as Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor.

I am absolutely loving watching this on Prime NextGen stats....Just like Madden but better :thumbsup:

Also, Hi, nobody :cheers:

Great line by Herbstreet ‘ Lawrence doesn’t rumble down there like a baby giraffe’

No way they make this kick in this wind... nevermind.  Right down the middle.

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Great line by Herbstreet ‘ Lawrence doesn’t rumble down there like a baby giraffe’

Nice to see him say something that isn't straight out of the cliché rolo-deck.  He's not going to have that job long if he doesn't show some kind of personality every once in awhile.

I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Zach Wilson.  Wasn't this guy supposed to be good at improvisation?

I just went back and looked up Zach's draft profile.  Whoever wrote this focking nailed it.

Ascending quarterback prospect who possesses the swagger and arm talent to create explosive plays inside and outside the pocket. The gunslingerâs mentality and improvised release points are clearly patterned off of one of his favorite players, Aaron Rodgers. However, his play is a little more reminiscent of a blend between Jake Plummer and Johnny Manziel coming out of college. As with Manziel, too much of Wilsonâs work comes off-schedule due to inconsistent anticipation and a desire to hit the big play. But like both Manziel (at Texas A&M) and Plummer, heâs mobile with the ability to extend plays and hit the chunk play. Wilsonâs sophomore year tape shows troubling decision-making, so NFL teams will need to balance his 2019 and 2020 production in the evaluation process. Heâs put in a lot of work to get to this point and has the potential to become a good pro. However, he might need to play with a more disciplined approach to reach his ceiling.