Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Broncos Fire HC Nathaniel Hackett

18 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Good riddance.  He totally sunk my free league, where I "stacked" R. Wilson with C. Sutton..

Was that him sinking your leagues or you?

Hopefully their new coach focuses on putting Russ in situations where he can succeed.  I'd like to see them bring in Sean Payton.  It's hard to believe that Russ just forgot how to play QB - next season will likely determine if he has really fallen off the cliff or if it was just a lost season with poor coaching.  Even Brady had some down years in New England where people suggested he was washed up.  If this is a blip, I could see Russ being a fantasy steal next season.

and the owner is participating in the coach search?   

What the hell does the owner know about coaching a football team?   this is what you hire a GM to do.   feels like another disaster is coming.....

No; the prior DEN HC was Vic Fangio and he was there for three years - great CHI Bears DC.

The Broncos have been a train wreck ALL SEASON..  And, the wheels came off so bad on Christmas, that DEN's defense made a 4-10 LA Ram team look like a 10-4 team.

Uh - one of the Walmart family members bought DEN for $4B over the past year.  *I* think they can have whatever input they want, into hiring a new Head Coach.  (And, FWIW - if the new HC doesn't solve Russell Wilson's problems - the GM will be gone in 2023.)

6 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Uh - one of the Walmart family members bought DEN for $4B over the past year.  *I* think they can have whatever input they want, into hiring a new Head Coach.  (And, FWIW - if the new HC doesn't solve Russell Wilson's problems - the GM will be gone in 2023.)

I dont deny ownership can control whatever they want, but good organizations  this is something the GM and  president of football operations who know the game should do.   they should know the difference between a good and a bad coach and how to build a winning team.

obviously not everyone can be winners, but you need to hire the best professional for the job.

having the owner get in there and start meddling usually doesnt end well.   I suppose there are always exceptions but usually its a sign the franchise is going into the tank.

Love to see the dumpster fire that is the Denver Broncos

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Love to see the dumpster fire that is the Denver Broncos

Just wait until next year when they find out that while Hackett was a problem, but not "the" problem.

50 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Just wait until next year when they find out that while Hackett was a problem, but not "the" problem.

Yup.  Can't believe that GM Paton still has a job.  The next HC hire better fix Russell.  Perhaps ex-NO HC S. Payton?

31 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Yup.  Can't believe that GM Paton still has a job.  The next HC hire better fix Russell.  Perhaps ex-NO HC S. Payton?

The one thing the Broncos have going for them is that Wilson's base pay is cheap for the next 2 years.  He's only on the books for $25M total.  They're stuck with signing bonus.  That's sunk cost.  They could draft a QB this year in the first round and be ok with him being the next Aaron Rodgers (of sorts).  Let him sit 2 years and see if Wilson still sucks.  If he does, cut him after the 2024 season and swallow the $54M cap hit in 2025.  In other words, just rip the band-aide off.

I could see Sean Payton liking the idea of coaching Wilson.

The Broncos couldn't Hackett, now they are going to have to Payton for someone to come in and turn things around. I hope they don't Cowher.