Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Nashville geeks

On 12/28/2022 at 9:23 PM, Old School said:

This thread is all over the place. Let’s reel it back to Nashville. 
In for one day and one night? Short run.
Reservations at the Twelve Thirty Club. Nice. Justin Timberlake owns a piece of that place.

Now you are on Broadway. There are a multitude of bars/ honkeytonks on Broadway.
No cover. Bands  play for and depend on tips. Don’t be cheap.
 Experience the places from 5th to the River. 
I used to hang at Tootsies Orchard Lounge, but it’s overrun with tourists these days. Hank Williams used to walk out of the Opry, down the alley, and into the back door of Tootsies. Willie hung there and wrote songs there. Cool focking place.
My downtown go to place these days is Roberts. Cool place. Great music & good burgers. Famous for the recession special- fried bologna sand which, bag of chips, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and a moon pie for $6.  Wynonna stopped in recently, flipped some burgers, and got on stage for a few songs. Marcus King and others take their after show parties to Robert’s. It’s a cool focking place.
Check out who’s playing Bridgestone Arena - across the street from your Twelve Thirty Club, home of the NHL Predators,  or check the Ryman Auditorium, across 5th Ave. 
3rd & Lindsey is the best music club, check their website for lineups.
The Opry is fun. Probably a 20 minute drive from your dinner reservation.

Since you have reservations at Twelve Thirty Club, shoot me a PM with dates and I’ll look around to see what’s happening. 

Unreal. 

Do you ever listen to the songwriter showcase at the Bluebird? 

I was briefly in a classic rock and country band with a guitar player who played the Ryman twice as a sideman. He could do a Hark Sr. song better than anyone I ever heard. He could also play lead on the guitar and harmonica at the same time. 

On 12/29/2022 at 3:46 PM, Dizkneelande said:

Nashville sucks. Well Broadway sucks. Every bar is the same. Same bands, same menu, same annoying bachelorette parties with one hot chick surrounded by fatties. It’s insanely expensive, Uber crowded and there are bums and con-artists everywhere. It used to be cool but went completely Hollywood and all the good places sold out to the big money backed country artists. There’s very little retail left but they all sell the same crap. They do sell street weed though on Broadway. If you go down Broadway and it’s not for you, go find Printers Alley for a different vibe. Hattie B’s is an hour line minimum. Martins BBQ & Mas Taco are excellent.

So these fatties you speak of … they probably put out, yes? 🤞

19 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Unreal. 

Do you ever listen to the songwriter showcase at the Bluebird? 

I was briefly in a classic rock and country band with a guitar player who played the Ryman twice as a sideman. He could do a Hark Sr. song better than anyone I ever heard. He could also play lead on the guitar and harmonica at the same time. 

Bluebird is cool- it’s ridiculous trying to get in. It’s a listening room. If you’re talking when someone is playing, the the staff will remind you.

Ryman is pretty cool place😎

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 5:46 PM, Dizkneelande said:

Nashville sucks. Well Broadway sucks. Every bar is the same. Same bands, same menu, same annoying bachelorette parties with one hot chick surrounded by fatties. It’s insanely expensive, Uber crowded and there are bums and con-artists everywhere. It used to be cool but went completely Hollywood and all the good places sold out to the big money backed country artists. There’s very little retail left but they all sell the same crap. They do sell street weed though on Broadway. If you go down Broadway and it’s not for you, go find Printers Alley for a different vibe. Hattie B’s is an hour line minimum. Martins BBQ & Mas Taco are excellent.

It’s more enjoyable if you pull the stick out of your ass before you get here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BirdGang said:

Sounds awful. 

I don't blame you one bit for thinking that.  I think it's the lowest total for a game ever at 31.