Sign in to follow this  
Captain Spaulding

Offensie TD vs. Scrimmage Yardage (where does it break even)

Right now our league score is way out of sorts that heavily favors giving points for TDs over rushing/receiving yards from scrimmage and I think we need to adjust.  Realize this is somewhat subjective but opinions are welcome.  Myself and 2 members of our league had discussions the other day and we thought the balance was somewhere between 60-80 yards from scrimmage would be about the equivalent value to scoring a TD.  This is rushing/receiving only...lets ignore QB passing yards for the moment and no PPR.    Thoughts?

So 60 yards rushing or receiving would be worth the same 6 points as a rushing or receiving TD?

Pretty revolutionary stuff.

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So 60 yards rushing or receiving would be worth the same 6 points as a rushing or receiving TD?

Pretty revolutionary stuff.

So 60 yards is the equivalent of a TD in your opinion?

PS:  I'm not really a noob here nor to Fantasy Football, I took about a 12 year hiatus from this website, used to post here a ton between 2000-2010 timeframe.  Same account but it reset me to rookie status I guess due to inactivity for a decade.  Been playing in a Dynasty league since 2001, and redraft leagues since 1997.

9 minutes ago, Captain Spaulding said:

So 60 yards is the equivalent of a TD in your opinion?

It seemed to be in the opinion of you and your 2 friends:

10 hours ago, Captain Spaulding said:

Myself and 2 members of our league had discussions the other day and we thought the balance was somewhere between 60-80 yards from scrimmage would be about the equivalent value to scoring a TD.

And if that is your opinion, then you are in luck, because most leagues give the same 6 points for a rushing/receiving TD or for 60 yards rushing/receiving.

• Like 1

60 scrimmage yards equaling 6pts (same as a TD) seems OK to me. Isn't 1 point per 10 yards & 6 points per TD the standard for RB's, Wr's Te's etc ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

60 scrimmage yards equaling 6pts (same as a TD) seems OK to me. Isn't 1 point per 10 yards & 6 points per TD the standard for RB's, Wr's Te's etc ?

Good point, yeah, I think that is pretty standard scoring from my understanding.  Our Dynasty league is very TD heavy in scoring, which IMO bring alot more luck into the game outcomes than a savy coach predicting yardage performace.  So was looking for some other opinions on where the best assessment of TD to yardage equivalency is at so i can propose a change to the commish and others in the league to vote on.    

• Like 1

yeah most leagues are 10 yards per point for rush/receiving. (standard scoring)

most TD are 6 points.

so the 60 yards being worth a TD is in line with the standard scoring model.