Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

MNF! What do YOU need, for the 'Ship?

I'm up 93 to 76.  My opponent has CIN RB J. Mixon alive tonight.  I like my odds.  Mixon has only ONE game over 16 points this year, the 4-TD explosion vs. CAR.  But .. I do see in Mixon's Player History, that (in full-point PPR) he scored over 17 the last time CIN played BUF.  So, I'm hoping that Perine steals a lot of touches from Mixon.  And, if / when CIN goes into their two-minute drill, they have Perine in there, vs. Mixon.  I noted that CIN lot their O/T L. Collins this past week.  Hoping that BUF blitzes that side of the line, and gets CIN off-the-field often, too.

Two leagues. Both I have Burrow and a lead and in both the opponent has Chase.

Give me Chase not outscoring Burrow by 4 and I win both titles. 

Not looking good for me in 2 leagues.

Down 34 with Higgins and Bass left

Up 27 against Burrow

Shout outs to Engram, Knight, Metcalf, Dak, and Mclaurin for showing up big this week.  Losers

I'm up by 15. I have Burrow/Higgins and opponent has Mixon/Knox. 

3 hours ago, Bills04 said:

I'm up 93 to 76.  My opponent has CIN RB J. Mixon alive tonight.  I like my odds.  Mixon has only ONE game over 16 points this year, the 4-TD explosion vs. CAR.  But .. I do see in Mixon's Player History, that (in full-point PPR) he scored over 17 the last time CIN played BUF.  So, I'm hoping that Perine steals a lot of touches from Mixon.  And, if / when CIN goes into their two-minute drill, they have Perine in there, vs. Mixon.  I noted that CIN lot their O/T L. Collins this past week.  Hoping that BUF blitzes that side of the line, and gets CIN off-the-field often, too.

The Bengals hate to run the ball, I think you are safe. Signed, 2-league Mixon owner

Down by 23.1.

I have Stefon Diggs left. They have Josh Allen, Gabriel Davis and Evan McPherson. I need Diggs to score a rushing TD or two and lots of lost fumbles or interceptions from his players, missed kicks by McPherson. haha

Our championship is cumulative points for two weeks, so covers last week and this week and I locked it up and have a chance to extend my lead with Tee Higgins (opponent has no players left to play).  I'm ahead 535 to 449.  I survived playing against Tom Brady, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and still won in a blowout!  🏆

Most of you probably suspect that being heavily invested in Derrick Henry and Justin Jefferson, Axe Elf is likely behind the 8-ball going into Monday night, and you'd be right--it's looking like a whole bunch of second-place money this year.  I guess I should be careful what I wish for...

On 12/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, AxeElf said:

if I have to go 1-1 over the last two weeks, I'd much rather win in Week 16 and lose in Week 17 than vice-versa!

Obviously being without Derrick Henry and Jonathan Taylor in my most run-centric league was going to be a problem, but it actually probably wouldn't have made any difference.  The #4 seed I was playing in League 1 up and posted the 3rd-highest score of any team in the entire SEASON against me in the Championship Game (337.85 pts) behind the 150 he got from BRobinson, Ekeler and Walker combined.  I made a valiant effort, nabbing Stidham with no FAB left so I could start Taysom Hill at TE again, but I still scored 20 points short of my season average for the 111 point loss.  Just bad timing, but second place is a worthy finish for this team that battled RB injuries all season.

League 2 is the one that could be a travesty--I had the top team all season long, and unless I can get a number out of Diggs that Burrow can't outscore by 3, I'm going to go down to Jamaal Williams and Amari Cooper because Justin Jefferson could only manage 1 catch for 15 yards.  Kinda serves me right, since my opponent had Derrick Henry, and at first I picked up Hassan Haskins just to keep my opponent from picking him up, but then I got mean and decided to start Haskins against him--which would have been just fine if Jefferson had pulled his weight, but ironically I'm probably going to lose because of it, because if I hadn't started Haskins, I probably would have started Cordarrelle Patterson and the 13 more points that he scored than Haskins.  So second place is pretty much a downright loss here, after having the best record/most points for pretty much the whole season.

And if Diggs makes like he has the last month and doesn't show up at all, well, that's ok too, because if he and his QB Allen along with Cincy's Higgins don't combine to outscore Devin Singletary by 24 points tonight, I still have a chance to win League 4--where I endured both the foreseen loss of Derrick Henry and the unforeseen absence of Justin Jefferson.   It's only my shrewd pickup of Richie James last week and starting Taysom Hill over Dallas Goedert at TE that have me in the game at all at this point.

So I probably won't win two leagues, and the odds are against me, but hopefully one of them--otherwise it's second place money in three out of five leagues (and no money in the other two).

So I basically doubled up my investment on the year; could be better, could be worse.

Second place is just the first loser, maybe next season.  

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

So I probably won't win two leagues, and the odds are against me, but hopefully one of them--otherwise it's second place money in three out of five leagues (and no money in the other two).

Well, if they cancel the rest of this game and just call it a tie (or a Bengals win, or even a no contest, I don't care) I win both of these games.

I hope Damar Hamlin didn't die for my teams' sins...

Round two week one , one of my teams is losing, I’m down my 6 with Mixon still to play. 

Another is winning , I’m up by 12 neither team had anyone playing Monday night.  

My biggest pay out , I had Evans benched Allgeier for Swift oh boy, and Goff at Qb , Goff was the Qb for both my teams that are winning , right now I have a 47 point lead , the other owner has  Burrow.  

The Ronald McDonald House and Food bank will be happy this season.  

On 1/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, AxeElf said:

I hope Damar Hamlin didn't die for my teams' sins...

And on the third day he awoke...