Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Can we guess how the NFL adjusts schedules from here?

29 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I commish two leagues. 

Title games in both leagues - person has nice lead with Burrow going against Chase. That is the same players and situation for both leagues, I am awarding the 1st place here not split. 

Third place league 1 - One owner is up by over 80 points. Opponent had 4% odds. I am awarding to the team with the massive lead, hope I don't get any flack from the loser. 

Third place league 2 - This game is 80/20. The team with 20 conceded, however, I will see what the other owner thinks. 

This is not an attack in any way, I'm just curious. Why do any commish's (others can chime in) feel the need to decide anything right now?

What will truly suck for some beyond this tragedy in the first place, is if they are in a few different meaningful games where each goes against them based on decisions by seperate commissioners using different logic.

I personally think it's best to see if a general standard emerges to fall back on rather than be in a hurry to be the first to have a great solution.

Just my opinion, Les

43 minutes ago, lesjroza said:

This is not an attack in any way, I'm just curious. Why do any commish's (others can chime in) feel the need to decide anything right now?

Because when there is money involved, people only care about that because they are animals...

2 hours ago, posty said:

No one cares about a fantasy championship in a fake game...  If you do, then you have serious issues...

I have three teams in the first week of round 2 championship week, everyone that has a team playing for a lot of money on the line is cares.  One of my teams is facing a owner who’s starting Qb is Burrow , that person cares   

Made a contribution to mr Hamlin go fund me page also.  

I pray that the young man has a full recovery.  

God bless.  

56 minutes ago, lesjroza said:

What will truly suck for some beyond this tragedy in the first place, is if they are in a few different meaningful games where each goes against them based on decisions by seperate commissioners using different logic.

I personally think it's best to see if a general standard emerges to fall back on rather than be in a hurry to be the first to have a great solution.

Just my opinion, Les

Because the NFL isn't going to make decisions based on fantasy; we have precedent in this regard, understand this and deal accordingly. 

And knowing that, we all have to make decisions based on what we know.  There isn't an option where we just forget it and commish keeps the money or gives it all back to everyone and forget the season.  We have to make some educated decision based on what we know.   Most sensible people are waiting, but if the game is simply canceled there are lots of leagues who will handle it in different ways.   Or you can act pretentious and that people are bad for thinking logically through the process.   Like posty. 

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I have three teams in the first week of round 2 championship week, everyone that has a team playing for a lot of money on the line is cares.  One of my teams is facing a owner who’s starting Qb is Burrow , that person cares   

Made a contribution to mr Hamlin go fund me page also.  

I pray that the young man has a full recovery.  

God bless.  

Is the IRS being told of the winnings?

13 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

And knowing that, we all have to make decisions based on what we know.  There isn't an option where we just forget it and commish keeps the money or gives it all back to everyone and forget the season.  We have to make some educated decision based on what we know.   Most sensible people are waiting, but if the game is simply canceled there are lots of leagues who will handle it in different ways.   Or you can act pretentious and that people are bad for thinking logically through the process.   Like posty. 

:lol:  

19 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Because the NFL isn't going to make decisions based on fantasy; we have precedent in this regard, understand this and deal accordingly. 

Interesting. Do you personally commish a league or leagues and you feel pressure to make a call now? or tomorrow? or by the end of the week?

7 minutes ago, lesjroza said:

Interesting. Do you personally commish a league or leagues and you feel pressure to make a call now? or tomorrow? or by the end of the week?

Yeah I'm commish of a couple.   One league the guys have already split winnings and made it easy.   Another first place gets $900 and second $200 and they've both already been in communication with me.   But for now it's just wait and see. 

The $ leagues I’m playing in are in “wait and see” mode until something final.  A couple of suggestions being bounced around…

1. Take the average PPR for the season so far from the Bills/Bengals players and add that to this week’s total

2. Let folks use the highest scoring player(s) on their bench at that position, to sub in for Bills/Bengals players

6 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, but the bills already flew home. I mean I guess I could catch a flight today and go right back. Man, this thing is a mess. 

Its a mess because the NFL needs to cover their bases for this kind of thing.  I know that no one wants to discuss this but we have to.  How in the world can they just award a win or a tie to both teams for this game?  Thats BS and is totally unfair.  Just cancel the 2022 season then & just give Brady his 8th ring and get it over with LOL. :).  Maybe he'll go away then.

Really though, they MUST play this game and finish it out.  Cant be any other way or the season goes down as a farce.  And Fock college football.  Too bad for them if the NFL has the game on the same night as their pointless championship game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, posty said:

Because when there is money involved, people only care about that because they are animals...

I ran a weekly Vikings numbers board at my employer from 1998- 2002. 10 people paid me 4$ per week in advance ( 16 x 4 = $68) for the chance to win $10 per quarter over 16 games.

Names were drawn to set the order. 1st name drawn has 0 week one, 1 week two, 2 week three....................... A score of 7-3 @ the end of Q1 = 10 pts = 0 wins 10$

Then 911 happened. The NFL postponed its Week 2 games originally scheduled for September 16 & 17, until the end of the regular season. All playoff games following the 2001 regular season, including Super Bowl XXXVI and the 2002 Pro Bowl, were similarly rescheduled one week later.

I talked to as many of the players as possible & a majority decided the best thing to do was skip week 2, move onto week 3, & implement week 2's numbers @ the end of the year.

Only one person complained & I mean he went apeSHITE over the lousy $20 he would have won had I stayed on week 2.

Yes, when it comes to money, 'some people' are animals. Carl Icahn is a good example from the financial world. The greedy old *** is 89 years old & worth almost $30 billion. He's the modern day equivalent of Gordon Gekko. He recently started acquiring shares of that company I worked for & demanded 2 of 'his people' be placed on the BOD.

How much is enough ? 

31 minutes ago, posty said:

Not if they're smart about distributing it. 

35 minutes ago, lesjroza said:

In another league where I am not commish $600 buy-in, the league members starting bringing it up. 

Commish acted on it and decided. 

45 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Yeah I'm commish of a couple.   One league the guys have already split winnings and made it easy.   Another first place gets $900 and second $200 and they've both already been in communication with me.   But for now it's just wait and see. 

Nice on the guys involved working it out! I think that's ideal for everybody. I personally want to take pressure off the 'mish in all leagues. In most its an easy agreement and avoids potential league turmoil, but 1 league I'm in the 'ship has a running dynasty pot. Money comes off the top every year until somebody wins 2 in a row then they  are going to get a very big payday.

I was up by 40+ going into the night with my opponent only having Burrow left and Burrow has never scored 40 in the format............. ever. I want to work something out where maybe this year split changes a little, but I get designated champ, mainly to keep that dynasty pot in play for me next year. I'm just not sure how to approach it with the other owner. 

Just now, lesjroza said:

Nice on the guys involved working it out! I think that's ideal for everybody. I personally want to take pressure off the 'mish in all leagues. In most its an easy agreement and avoids potential league turmoil, but 1 league I'm in the 'ship has a running dynasty pot. Money comes off the top every year until somebody wins 2 in a row then they  are going to get a very big payday.

I was up by 40+ going into the night with my opponent only having Burrow left and Burrow has never scored 40 in the format............. ever. I want to work something out where maybe this year split changes a little, but I get designated champ, mainly to keep that dynasty pot in play for me next year. I'm just not sure how to approach it with the other owner. 

What would the percentage split have been if the game was not interrupted?

If it is like 70/30, maybe offer 60/40 (or 55/45), but you are the champion...

1 minute ago, posty said:

What would the percentage split have been if the game was not interrupted?

If it is like 70/30, maybe offer 60/40 (or 55/45), but you are the champion...

Currently

1st   =   2k         2nd =  750

I'm not lying by saying this is the rare time I hope my league mate sees my post and recognizes who I am

1 hour ago, posty said:

I don’t keep any winnings, never have.  I give it to the Ronald McDonald House here in Reno, and to the Food Bank of Nothern Nevada.  Besides you don’t play ff, you don’t even like ff, so what does it matter to you? 

So that money is a big deal.  

Thanks.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

I don’t keep any winnings, never have.  I give it to the Ronald McDonald House here in Reno, and to the Food Bank of Nothern Nevada.  Besides you don’t play ff, you don’t even like ff, so what does it matter to you? 

So that money is a big deal.  

Thanks.  

When I played, I played in free leagues...  Much better competition from the beginning of the season to the end...

Same with the fantasy baseball leagues...

15 minutes ago, posty said:

When I played, I played in free leagues...  Much better competition from the beginning of the season to the end...

Same with the fantasy baseball leagues...

That’s not true.  

I’ve been in a few free leagues, no body participated.  The winners would than brag about winning nothing, against teams that would just sit dormant.  

In my league where I am commish, the team trailing in the championship needed something like an average game from Allen.  The team in the lead had no players in the Monday night game.  So it was pretty much 50/50 odds. 

Right now, I think our resolution is that, if the Bills/Bengals game gets completed at any point - even if it's week 19 and the NFL shuffles its entire playoff schedule - we will use the stats from that game to determine the champion.  If the game is never completed, we will declare co-champions and split the pot, which galls me to no end (full disclosure- I was eliminated last week and do not have a dog in the fight).  

Jeez, I wish people would split the championship money with me just because I only got one catch out of Justin Jefferson.  I only got one play out of Jonathan Taylor a couple of weeks ago, too; maybe I should get a share of the pot for that disadvantage?

It's fantasy football.  Things happen.  The final score is the final score.  Any other arrangement is just silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

It's fantasy football.  Things happen.  The final score is the final score.  Any other arrangement is just silly.

I hear ya.  The co-championship was the proposal of the two teams involved.  I hate it.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Jeez, I wish people would split the championship money with me just because I only got one catch out of Justin Jefferson.  I only got one play out of Jonathan Taylor a couple of weeks ago, too; maybe I should get a share of the pot for that disadvantage?

So we can agree then. The two teams in the league championship are co winners. See, that’s how reasonable, God loving people resolve things that are absolutely meaningless in our lives. Who cares about the stupid fantasy games.
You remind me of me before I had a life altering event. Everyone and everything revolved around my life, my needs. You should try living the life God designed for you instead of the selfish one you present.

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

So we can agree then. The two teams in the league championship are co winners. See, that’s how reasonable, God loving people resolve things that are absolutely meaningless in our lives. Who cares about the stupid fantasy games.
You remind me of me before I had a life altering event. Everyone and everything revolved around my life, my needs. You should try living the life God designed for you instead of the selfish one you present.

Stop posting on a ff board if you find the game of ff stupid.  Hypocrite.  

Proverbs 18:6.  I’ll be glad to obligee.  

Thanks.  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

That’s not true.  

I’ve been in a few free leagues, no body participated.  The winners would than brag about winning nothing, against teams that would just sit dormant.  

Well you just don’t know how to pick other owners then, this is obvious…. The free leagues that I have been from members here have been free, competitive and very fun…. 

I would never  pick owners for a free league, so that was a bad statement. Let’s try a different approach.  

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

Stop posting on a ff board if you find the game of ff stupid.  Hypocrite.  

Proverbs 18:6.  I’ll be glad to obligee.  

Thanks.  

HMMM.. you can see the spec in my eye but not the log in yours I see....

17 hours ago, wolves111 said:

So we can agree then.

I'm not sure what you think we are in agreement upon, unless your position is also that you are a moron.

The two teams in the league championship are co winners. See, that’s how reasonable, God loving people resolve things that are absolutely meaningless in our lives.

Fine, then I expect to be treated as a co-winner the next time one of my players doesn't get in a full game for my fantasy team for some reason, be it injury, coaching incompetence, or an act of God.

If it's so meaningless that you don't care if you win or lose, then why play the game in the first place?  I would assume none of your leagues have an entry fee.

Who cares about the stupid fantasy games.

Those of us who play and invest in them.

You should try living the life God designed for you instead of the selfish one you present.

I certainly appreciate the respect, but as large as the legend of Axe Elf is, he is still no more powerful than God.  I assure you that if God designed a life for me (and the Bible tells me that He did; Ephesians 2:10), I am in no way powerful enough to resist God's omnipotent will and live a life of my own design instead.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I am afraid that I am in no position to threaten the sovereignty of God.

5 hours ago, wolves111 said:

HMMM.. you can see the spec in my eye but not the log in yours I see....

The spec that’s seen in your eye, is the one you are showing. 

When you come in here asking ff questions, and then turn and say how stupid everyone is for playing in ff , that’s what the Bible calls wrongful judgement, if you want to come in here , come in here not being a hypocrite, righteous judgement starts with you not be a participator in ff , and than coming in here yelling how awful it is that people in here are wasting their time with ff.  

You need to remove that spec Matthew 7:5.  

I keep seeing that the NFL must pick a course of action from a number of bad options.  I can't help but think that the best worst option would have been to resume the game on Monday night.  The decision to indefinitely suspend the game with no real plan for how to move forward seems short-sighted and driven solely by fear of criticism.  The game has always been sacred - it was always bigger than any individual player (literally like a war).  This seems to start a slippery slope where perhaps football and the NFL becomes les and less important  - I don't know, maybe that is for the best.

If they don’t play all the regular season games the playoffs need to be canceled. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

If they don’t play all the regular season games the playoffs need to be canceled. 

you are seeing reports that Hamlin is able to follow instruction and wrote "did we win?", right?

They aren't cancelling anything else.

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

you are seeing reports that Hamlin is able to follow instruction and wrote "did we win?", right?

They aren't cancelling anything else.

But it sounds like they will be canceling the Bengals Vs Bills game , looks like you’re going to be wrong.   

If they do the playoffs no longer should be played. 

Thanks.  

Just now, weepaws said:

But it sounds like they will be canceling the Bengals Vs Bills game , looks like you’re going to be wrong.   

If they do the playoffs no longer should be played. 

Thanks.  

ok, mcfly

34 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

ok, mcfly

At the end mcfly had a very successful life. 

Thanks.