Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Can we guess how the NFL adjusts schedules from here?

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

you are seeing reports that Hamlin is able to follow instruction and wrote "did we win?", right?

Exactly.  Hamlin is probably thinking WTF is the NFL doing - why didn't they finish the game?  Stupid decision not to complete the game on Monday night.

First thing mr Hamlin asked was did we win, did we keep the number one ranking in the AFC is what he’s hoping for.  

But now he’s going to be given the bad news that they canceled the game , he’s going to probably go into shock, and depression. 

Thanks NFL. N

The nfl saw this horrific situation as a way to help Mahomes to be successful in getting KC into the super bowl.  

They know the last two seasons Mahomes has crashed and burned in the post season, shame on the nfl to use a life threatening health situation to make that happen.  

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The nfl saw this horrific situation as a way to help Mahomes to be successful in getting KC into the super bowl.  

They know the last two seasons Mahomes has crashed and burned in the post season, shame on the nfl to use a life threatening health situation to make that happen.  

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me...

Raiders blow.  Devante Adams and Josh McDaniels were going to make them a force to be reckoned with.  Not.

We know damn well if the roles were reversed and KC was going to get FUBARed, their fans would be complaining crazily as well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, posty said:

We know damn well if the roles were reversed and KC was going to get FUBARed, their fans would be complaining crazily as well...

At the very least Mahomes' annoying wife would be whining about it on Twitter while his d0uchebag brother posts TikTok protest dance videos. 

• Like 1

In my big money league, we're using point totals from this week for Buffalo and Cincinnati players as their scores for last week.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In my big money league, we're using point totals from this week for Buffalo and Cincinnati players as their scores for last week.

Thank God I play on Yahoo and don't have to put up with any heretical "solutions" for people who didn't like the outcomes of their fantasy championship games. 

57 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Thank God I play on Yahoo and don't have to put up with any heretical "solutions" for people who didn't like the outcomes of their fantasy championship games. 

I know.  Could you imagine a league where you actually use stats from a game that was official and completed?  The nerve of some people!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I know.  Could you imagine a league where you actually use stats from a game that was official and completed?  The nerve of some people!

I'm having more difficulty imagining a league in which stats from a game that was officially completed were NOT used--and stats from some other week for those players were used instead.

Sucks when you accidentally start players on a bye, but you don't get to use their stats from the next week to make up for it.

The final score is the final score.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm having more difficulty imagining a league in which stats from a game that was officially completed were NOT used--and stats from some other week for those players were used instead.

Sucks when you accidentally start players on a bye, but you don't get to use their stats from the next week to make up for it.

I can help you there.  The game wasn't finished.  In fact, according to the NFL, the game was never played.  If you go look up the players' stats, you'll see that.

No, it doesn't suck when someone starts a player on a bye week, because they neglected to pay attention and all the other games were played.  Hence, why no one ever expects to get points from the following week.

In this situation, both Buffalo and Cincinnati were both scheduled.  They weren't on a bye.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I can help you there.  The game wasn't finished.  In fact, according to the NFL, the game was never played.  If you go look up the players' stats, you'll see that.

No, it doesn't suck when someone starts a player on a bye week, because they neglected to pay attention and all the other games were played.  Hence, why no one ever expects to get points from the following week.

In this situation, both Buffalo and Cincinnati were both scheduled.  They weren't on a bye.

I said when you accidentally start players on bye--players who get a zero or next to zero when it's not something you could have foreseen, like an actual scheduled bye or something.

It seems very much like the situation I had this year in one of my leagues where Sam Ehlinger was scheduled to start and he was not on a bye, so he was in my SuperFlex slot when the coach decided at the last minute to start Matt Ryan instead, and thus, due to unforeseeable circumstances, I had a player who was essentially on a bye in my starting lineup.  I lost by 3 points; I could have literally had any other active player from my bench in my Superflex slot and won the game.

Nobody offered me a tie, or to flip a coin if we ended up tied for the last playoff spot, or to use Ehlinger's stats from the previous week instead.

(P.S.  I ended up winning that league by 0.2 fantasy points due to Yahoo understanding that the final score is the final score, and not trying to arrange some comfort for the cryers.)

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I said when you accidentally start players on bye--players who get a zero or next to zero when it's not something you could have foreseen, like an actual scheduled bye or something.

It seems very much like the situation I had this year in one of my leagues where Sam Ehlinger was scheduled to start and he was not on a bye, so he was in my SuperFlex slot when the coach decided at the last minute to start Matt Ryan instead, and thus, due to unforeseeable circumstances, I had a player who was essentially on a bye in my starting lineup.  I lost by 3 points; I could have literally had any other active player from my bench in my Superflex slot and won the game.

Nobody offered me a tie, or to flip a coin if we ended up tied for the last playoff spot, or to use Ehlinger's stats from the previous week instead.

(P.S.  I ended up winning that league by 0.2 fantasy points due to Yahoo understanding that the final score is the final score, and not trying to arrange some comfort for the cryers.)

So we starting a class action lawsuit axelaw?

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

GAME-SET-MATCH

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

So we starting a class action lawsuit axelaw?

You do what you like.

God has already spoken in favor of Axe Elf's fantasy deservedness; I just wish He hadn't had to kill a guy to do it (even if He woke him again on the third day).

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, I know you said "accidentally", but that's still your fault.  It's you not paying attention.  That's not what happened here.  These teams literally went out into the field and started playing.

Nope, not the same either.  Again, these teams literally went out into the field and started playing.

That's right they didn't, and shouldn't have... but again, these teams literally went out into the field and started playing.

P.S. So does every other website... not sure how that matters here.

p.p.s.  If you have to try to make some phony baloney analogies that don't fit, it means you should stop trying.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I know you said "accidentally", but that's still your fault.  It's you not paying attention.

No, there was nothing to pay attention TO.  There was no pre-game announcement, nothing.  I watch all 3 hours of Fantasy Football Now every Sunday morning leading up to kickoff, and there was no public knowledge that Sam Ehlinger would not play the full game prior to Matt Ryan running onto the field.  It's exactly the same as starting Bills/Bengals players that you did not know would not be playing a full game until after it was too late to swap them out.

Likewise, no one knew that Justin Jefferson would be on a bye in Week 17 until he posted 1 catch for 15 yards.  That wasn't "not paying attention," that was accidentally starting a player on a bye.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Nope, not the same either.  Again, these teams literally went out into the field and started playing.

That's right they didn't, and shouldn't have... but again, these teams literally went out into the field and started playing.

P.S. So does every other website... not sure how that matters here.

p.p.s.  If you have to try to make some phony baloney analogies that don't fit, it means you should stop trying.

Not sure what all this gobbledygook refers to, so I won't bother trying to refute it.

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You do what you like.

God has already spoken in favor of Axe Elf's fantasy deservedness; I just wish He hadn't had to kill a guy to do it (even if He woke him again on the third day).

You bring out the worst in people. That would trouble a decent man. But not someone like you.

8 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

You bring out the worst in people.

People just don't like facing the fact that they are inherently evil (selfish).

9 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

That would trouble a decent man. But not someone like you.

Correct; Xians need not be troubled by their selfish human nature (original sin), as we were created for salvation.

Xians aren't good people; just forgiven people.

So, the Chiefs are getting screwed too then?  I see.  Nice work Rog.  What a !@#$% that guy is.  This entire season is covered with asterisks now.

Playoffs are ruined.  Excellent decision making here.  The Chiefs now have lost home field in the Championship game through no fault of their own.   They should sue.  So should the Bengals.

33 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

So, the Chiefs are getting screwed too then?

Nonsense.  Chiefs win today and they have the #1 seed, bye next week, and home field throughout the playoffs.

The only way they DON'T have home field advantage throughout the playoffs is if the Bills are their opponent in the AFC Championship Game, and then the game would be at a neutral site.

Assuming the Chiefs continue to embarrass the Raiders today, next loss by the Bills and all those fancy resolutions mean squat--Chiefs have home field throughout.

So Buffalo gets screwed if they make it to the AFC tittle game.  Tainted.  

Lol someone watches three hours of some ff program.  Now that’s funny.  

Which would be worse?..... Watching a FF show for 3 hours, or setting in a theater for 3 hours & 12 minutes watching Avatar II ?

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

IMAX 3D the biggest spectacle you will ever behold, at least until you are kneeling at the feet of God Himself.

If the Bills played the Bengals in the playoffs and it would be a neutral site game wouldn't it behoove the Bills to lose on Sunday and get the 3 seed and play Baltimore?

22 minutes ago, NelsonAlgren said:

If the Bills played the Bengals in the playoffs and it would be a neutral site game wouldn't it behoove the Bills to lose on Sunday and get the 3 seed and play Baltimore?

Just when I thought I understood all the scenarios :)

Bills won't pay the Bengals on s neutral site because those two teams played the same amount of games.   It's just the Chiefs against the bills now, as Cincy couldn't have had 14 wins like the Chiefs did regardless of what might have happened in the canceled game. 

31 minutes ago, NelsonAlgren said:

But they would give the Bills/Bengals a home playoff game after they could have had a head to head result but didn't?

I think that's right, because what they were focused on was competitive balanced based on two teams playing less games than everyone else.  But since those teams both played the same amount of games, they revert to the tiebreaking procedures that were already in place.